ADVERTISEMENT

Harvey = Strasburg???

The best part about this is that the simple-minded media is going to use the Paplebon trade as an excuse for their collapse. However, we on BWs know that this group of players and manager are losers who weren't going to win anyway. Let's not lose sight of this, please......

Papelbon has been here 15 minutes and he goes after our star. What a cheek.

414papgrabsharpbyneck.jpg

Reactions: Chimpat
Reminds me of when John Chaney went after Calipari at a press conference after Temple lost to UMass.

Williams is clearly a goner, Rizzo needs to go to. Has there been a bigger disappointment in baseball than the Nats?

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/09/28/the-washington-nationals-biggest-problem-arrogance/

I saw some sort of poll over the weekend from one of those national media guys asked which team has been most disappointing in last 30 years or so. The '13 & '15 Nats were two of the four mentioned. The other two were '08 Tigers and some early 90's Mets team.

Gutless bunch. Truly pathetic.

I saw some sort of poll over the weekend from one of those national media guys asked which team has been most disappointing in last 30 years or so. The '13 & '15 Nats were two of the four mentioned. The other two were '08 Tigers and some early 90's Mets team.

Gutless bunch. Truly pathetic.
Please provide the poll. I would like to see it.

Just found out Papelbon bought one of my buddies house. House wasn't for sale, he came in and offered to buy everything in the house. Hopefully it's a 5 day close.
adp, please spin this.

What is to spin. Absolutely ridiculous. The difference between me and these CoPers is I'm able to be honest about my teams. These guys played like bitches and now acting like it in the dugout. Williams is the worst manager in baseball, something I have said for a while, and will get fired. No spin zone here. The "silver lining" is this now throws in the open and no way he's brought back. So we have that going for us...which is nice. Luckily for me, I don't actually play the games so I'm not going to own the failures of guys who makes millions of dollars to play a game. The team will look a lot different next year and hopefully play better. If not, we're still better than the Phillies. Harper said all the right things and glad he stuck up for himself. Papelbon isn't very smart. I get what he was trying to do but c'mon.

Just found out Papelbon bought one of my buddies house. House wasn't for sale, he came in and offered to buy everything in the house.

What is to spin. Absolutely ridiculous. The difference between me and these CoPers is I'm able to be honest about my teams. These guys played like bitches and now acting like it in the dugout. Williams is the worst manager in baseball, something I have said for a while, and will get fired. No spin zone here. The "silver lining" is this now throws in the open and no way he's brought back. So we have that going for us...which is nice. Luckily for me, I don't actually play the games so I'm not going to own the failures of guys who makes millions of dollars to play a game. The team will look a lot different next year and hopefully play better. If not, we're still better than the Phillies.
I would think 2 comma guys have a club they go to in DC.

But unlike the Phillies when they were pegged as the best team in the NL for an extended period, that when push came to shove they failed to make the playoffs in two years. And couldn't win a series when they did make it.

I do appreciate your, I don't play the games, so I won't apologize for them angle. Ironic in that when things did go well and look on the up and up over time, you were right here to tell us how wonderful they were. Can't have it both ways.,

No Burrs, as a fan, it can wonderful to cheer on your team. However, as I stated to you many times, we didn't play the games so can't really take credit. You just enjoy the ride. Losing also sucks. As a fan, the Nats season was a disappointment. What else can I say, it sucked. However, that has no reflection on me so I don't see the need to say, "it's too early to tell" or try and spin in. When your team plays like crap, they play like crap. The Nats didn't have a good year. No spin required. Just like if they won the title I can't claim anything other than enjoyment from the run. It doesn't change anything other than the experience of that run. I think that's lost on some.

ADP, no need to explain something to me that I already completely understand. Yea, I'm aware as fans we don't play in the games. Thanks for the enlightenment.

ADP, no need to explain something to me that I already completely understand. Yea, I'm aware as fans we don't play in the games. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Is this part of your rules? I missed that chapter.

Bump. Thanks.

I read it on Twitter from Jon Heyman. Not sure if it was a poll or not. But it read, the most common answers for talented teams to bomb as badly as '15 Nats were: '92 Mets, '13 Nats, and '08 Tigers. You can read it on Heyman's Twitter account from 9/26.

I think some combination of the Nats and Rizzo might be an adp client, as he tries to pin this fully on the shoulders of Williams and the players. Otherwise, I don't know how a fan wouldn't peg Rizzo as the chief culprit. That's where the arrogance of the team and organization come from, as well as all of the decisions at the root of this season's dumpster fire (unless it's from the owner, and that's why Rizzo's their guy... maybe).

Issues with Williams were clear -- and resurfacing in April as Nats started slowly -- but he brought him back anyway and stuck with him. Most GMs would have fired him last year or this year to show the urgency of this year. Williams was doing all he could, I actually feel sorry for him, he just wasn't the right guy. Now he'll be the fall guy.

The flaws of many of these players on the field and come crunch time were well known, but he went to great lengths to stick with guys who couldn't get it done when it counted (like Storen), while guys who were warriors for them and not at all part of the problem were cut loose, because there wasn't a clear path to "club control" at a reasonable price (Clippard).

I have done work for the lerners, guilty. Williams won last season's manager of the year and you wanted him canned in april ( you cite all the issues with Storen and then kill Rizzo for bringing in papelbon. Silly post.

Do you think pap was smiling and saying thank you when they suspended him for rest of year today?

Williams won last season's manager of the year and you wanted him canned in april ( you cite all the issues with Storen and then kill Rizzo for bringing in papelbon. Silly post.

Who cares if he won manager of the year. If it included his postseason work, I'd bet it wouldn't have. Have to think Rizzo would like to go back to April and fire Williams too, the team was playing like it wanted him fired, or else needed a manager that could connect with them. Right or wrong, when the inmates make hundreds of millions, they run the asylum, and they didn't want Williams there.

I never killed Rizzo for bringing in Paps. I criticized him for messing up his bullpen in the offseason by trading his one proven 7th/8th inning piece who could also close here and there in Clippard and relying on a guy he drafted and fell in love with in Storen notwithstanding a couple Byung Hung Kim style postseason meltdowns as closer with a bunch of untested guys behind him. He realized mid-season he f---ed that up, realized he had to do something. He reached for a guy who was real high risk -- again ignoring chemistry. Guy is basically a fantasy baseball GM.

If you run an organization it matters. Yoy cannot fire the reigning manager of the year two weeks into the season. You're not n idiot, so you get this fact. If they did, you have been the guy starting the thread about how Rizzo panicked 2 weeks into the year. Your posts are as bad as Williams job as manager. Time to hit the showers. Truly awful.

2001 Oakland A's, most disappointing team ever.

Didn't the 2002 A's win more games with less talent? 2001 Mariners are right there too. Also, any Braves team from 1992-2005 that won 100+ games and shit the bed in round 1.

Phillies from 2009-2011 should be in the conversation just to fire up burrs and arak

Yes the 90's Braves earn a lifetime achievment award for underacheivement. All those division titles and gr8 players and just 1 world series win. Weak.

Love it adp. This is spin at its finest. The Nats season went down the tubes because Matt Williams won the 2014 manager of the year award, and thus could not fire him in the offseason or in-season, or the Nats faithful would have risen up and started a boycott. Only choice was let the fire burn and watch it fall down. That's how you have to run an organization.

Who even follows who wins manager of the year? Was there a banner hanging in Nats park for that that I missed? Really, no one would have cared.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT