ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Trade Deadline Thread

I would imagine Philly has to be one of the top 3 or 4 least enticing places in the NBA for a FA to go.

Why?

Milwaukee, Sacramento, and Detroit signed FAs last year. It's more about the opportunity to sign FAs and the availability of FAs than anything else. Yes, the Sixers rarely put themselves in position to be realistic players in that game for over a decade, at least.

Porzingis averaged less than 11 ppg in his last season in Europe. Stop wasting my time with this nonsense.

Some of these dudes don't even watch the NBA and they think they have it all figured it. Baffling.

No one said he's going to be that good but the point is even a guy who's come in and lit the NBA on fire as a rookie didn't put up better numbers over there.

Is Saric a guarantee to be on the roster next year?

Was rumored he didn't even want to come to Philly. Also thought I read that if he doesn't sign, he can re-enter the draft next year. Not sure if that's accurate.

Was rumored he didn't even want to come to Philly. Also thought I read that if he doesn't sign, he can re-enter the draft next year. Not sure if that's accurate.

Not accurate.

The last few reports have stated that he's coming over next year. Of course, until he's actually here then you never know. Some have suggested that financially it would be smarter for him to come over the following year because he'll bypass his rookie pay scale or something like that. Also, I believe as long as he plays in Europe the Sixers maintain his rights. Only if he sits out a year, like not play anywhere, can he go back into draft.

No truth to that at all. He has supposedly assured the Sixers brass he is coming over next year. Allegedly.

The Sixers control his rights. He doesn't have to come over but we still control him. Back to Sac Town, no they suck more than Philly in terms of FA destination.

Sacramento has very little going for it. Eccentric owner can be cool I guess - but he has hired former players to be his decision makers and agents know they are out of their league.

Sacramento is an interesting comparison though. The last time they had a good following was about the same time as the Sixers'. They have almost lost their team since then, and the actual city doesn't have much going for it. Yes, Philly pales in comparison to NYC, but it's still the 5th largest city in the country

This Oak to Bos for the Nets pick is laughable. Okafor for a less than 50/50 chance to get Ingram or Simmons? And without having seen if Embiid can play yet? Yeah no thanks. Way too big a risk. You have to hold Noel and Oak for at least a half a season next year to see if Embiid is gonna not just play, but stay playing. Once you get that answer - or better idea of an answer - then you move somebody. I'm not trading Okafor for f'n Kris Dunn. If that pick didn't even end up top 2 it would be a disaster. Which is why you can't do it.

GDog, where did you hear that? I did read they were gauging interest in Okafor?

What if Boston threw in Smart?

Are you kidding me. I'd do that deal in a minute. Dump him for whatever you can get. He's sunk cost at this point .Not a building block.

ESPN radio. Ainge loves Okafor. He doesn't know basketball tho. Not everyone can know the game like ADP. Even league execs.

So you're saying Ainge would take the Okafor? Sure he would but you're probably not getting that pick for him. If you can, do it in a heartbeat. I'm sure Ainge will give you 50 cents on the dollar, maybe Smart. Okafor has a great track record in Boston, sure it would be a huge success. Welcoming party outside the club?

At what point do you just release Okafor, ADP?
Let's not be crazy. The sixers should be able to get another 3 2nd rounders for him. Someone skipped that day of class, Process 101. Professor, tighten it up.

Let's not be crazy. The sixers should be able to get another 3 2nd rounders for him. Someone skipped that day of class, Process 101. Professor, tighten it up.
I am not a good student.

This Oak to Bos for the Nets pick is laughable. Okafor for a less than 50/50 chance to get Ingram or Simmons? And without having seen if Embiid can play yet? Yeah no thanks. Way too big a risk. You have to hold Noel and Oak for at least a half a season next year to see if Embiid is gonna not just play, but stay playing. Once you get that answer - or better idea of an answer - then you move somebody. I'm not trading Okafor for f'n Kris Dunn. If that pick didn't even end up top 2 it would be a disaster. Which is why you can't do it.

I can't believe anyone could seriously count on Embiid playing. Fine to keep trying, maybe luck turns things around, but anything you get out of him is gravy. Even if taking him initially at No. 3 was their "only choice" as many believe, can't double down on that sort of limited thinking now.

gdog, from my limited viewing I don't see Noel and Okafor playing well together. It kills any ability to space the floor and defensively makes you weaker in two spots. Noel needs to play the 5 man on D.

Have to break my silence (Yes, Burrs said the CoP is a better place to be than Sacramento for basketball players).

Oklahoma City will DJ Augustin, Steve Novak and two second-round picks to Denver for Randy Foye,

Seems like a lot for Randy at this stage, but good to see him go to a playoff team. He can be a reserve shooter, and if he gets hot can cause a lot of damage quickly.

76ers part of the trade with the Pistons...just landed Joel Anthony and a 2017 2nd rounder for some international rights person. (Basically, nothing)

Championship

Have to break my silence (Yes, Burrs said the CoP is a better place to be than Sacramento for basketball players).

Oklahoma City will DJ Augustin, Steve Novak and two second-round picks to Denver for Randy Foye,

Again, what makes Sacramento so special? Did I miss something?

Again, what makes Sacramento so special? Did I miss something?
It's in beautiful Northern California. You can take day trips to Napa or Sonoma. Just a hope skip and jump from San Francisco where you can hang out with eberzzzz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT