ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Trade Deadline Thread

With the cap going way up teams have no dire need to shed salary in prep for free agency. Thus, no trades.

It's in beautiful Northern California. You can take day trips to Napa or Sonoma. Just a hope skip and jump from San Francisco where you can hang out with eberzzzz.

Yea, sounds like it's right in an NBA player's wheelhouse. Well, at least the Eberezz part does.

76ers' three way trade to be voided. Lost future NBA superstar Jakarr Sampson for nothing. Haha. He cleared waivers and declined to re-sign and will go to the nuggets. They can't even attract free-agent JaKarr Sampson much-less a rotation player.

76ers' three way trade to be voided. Lost future NBA superstar Jakarr Sampson for nothing. Haha. He cleared waivers and declined to re-sign and will go to the nuggets. They can't even attract free-agent JaKarr Sampson much-less a rotation player.
Let's wait for the CoProSportSpinZone anchor to reply.

Celtics beat writer called radio show today adamant that Ainge badly wants Okafor and that Nets pick for Oak was and is indeed still on table. Sixers declined to pull trigger. Ainge wants to revisit after lottery and Sixers may oblige him. Writer seems to believe the Celtics are willing to part with the pick for Okafor even if it's 2nd overall.

Celtics beat writer called radio show today adamant that Ainge badly wants Okafor and that Nets pick for Oak was and is indeed still on table. Sixers declined to pull trigger. Ainge wants to revisit after lottery and Sixers may oblige him. Writer seems to believe the Celtics are willing to part with the pick for Okafor even if it's 2nd overall.

Which is why it was smart to pass on that trade now. You can't trade Okafor and end up with BRK's pick turning into the 4-7 pick. Okafor's value is higher than everyone in this draft except Simmons, maybe Ingram. There will be more options to do things in the summer.

GDog, where did you hear/read the writer's comments today?

Which is why it was smart to pass on that trade now. You can't trade Okafor and end up with BRK's pick turning into the 4-7 pick. Okafor's value is higher than everyone in this draft except Simmons, maybe Ingram. There will be more options to do things in the summer.

GDog, where did you hear/read the writer's comments today?

ESPN radio.

Let's wait for the CoProSportSpinZone anchor to reply.

I'm assuming this is directed at me since Matty is hardly around anymore.

What's there to spin? It's Jakar Sampson. The Nuggets offered him a better deal. Interesting since the experts on here said he shouldn't even be in the league. Well, another team disagrees.

The Sixers did nothing wrong. It's not their fault another team squashed the deal because a player going someplace else failed a physical. If anything, the league needs to change that rule. The Sixers had to waive a player to have the deal go down. If not, then Sampson would still be here. Either way no sleep will be lost.

Did he go to the nuggets for a better deal? Or was it because agents and players want to deal with Hinkie? And why wouldn't the Sixers match a deal if they wanted him? They have money to burn just to reach the salary floor.

I believe DEN gave him 2 years guaranteed. One of the beat writers tweeted that he couldn't pass it up. So, I assumed it was better.

Last edited:
Denver has clearly embraced Tank Mode. Doesnt take much in the West either. The Suns are currently embracing the shit out of it as well.

Isn't that why no one wants to deal with Hinkie? He ****s marginal players out of guaranteed years? Why bother drafting 2nd rounders (like Draymond Green) if you don't believe in them enough to sometimes give them the league minimu over 2 years when you're 12 mill under the cap?

As long as the Sixers hold onto to Noel, they will be set, guy is a stud. Johnny Simpleton said so.

As long as the Sixers hold onto to Noel, they will be set, guy is a stud. Johnny Simpleton said so.
He's one of the top 30 post defenders in the league. He's basically like having an EZ Pass to the conference finals once you add 7 other competent players that are at his level or better! Can't wait till his contract talks in 16 months!

Is Simmons still the consensus #1? I haven't watched much of LSU but from what I have seen he is clearly the most explosive/athletic player on the court and can get to the basket at will but he is not a very good shooter. Will he be able to get to the rim as easily in the NBA?

I know you can't take him # 1, but I would love for the Sixers to grab Hield.

Simmons can't even get lsu, with other good players, into the tourney. He just had to sit down for off the court stuff as well. Regardless, still number 1 but fat from a sure thing savior as initially billed.

Simmons can't even get lsu, with other good players, into the tourney. He just had to sit down for off the court stuff as well. Regardless, still number 1 but fat from a sure thing savior as initially billed.
He would be better served staying in college at least another year, but no way that happens.

No he wouldn't. Go get paid as he's the top pick. He will learn more getting g teaching at the highest level as opposed to impersonating a "student athlete" for 6 months.

Intellectual honesty. Go get some.

Who billed him as a savior? There is no such thing. At least in my book.

Simmons missed the first 4-5 minutes of their last game. Nothing more than a Jay Wright-like teaching moment, but of course throw it in there to support your misinformed agenda.

He shoots 56% from the floor and nearly 70% from the line. His form is fine. Don't confuse this with being a bad shooter. He chooses not to take many 3's at this point. Anthony Davis was 3-20 on threes as a college freshman. Blake Griffin didn't take a ton of jump shots. Both have perimeter games at this point.

LSU is just ok. His teammates aren't that special. I believe the coaching is suspect.

To answer Arak's question, but the only other player in the conversation is B. Ingram from Duke. He has a better stroke and an amazing wingspan for a kid who won't be 19 until September. He doesn't have Simmons body, passing ability, rebounding ability, and will probably take longer to advance his game at the NBA level. However, you might be able to make the case that 3-5 years from now he MIGHT be a better player than BS. Personally, I still go Simmons at this point.

Intellectual honesty. Go get some.

Who billed him as a savior? There is no such thing. At least in my book.

Simmons missed the first 4-5 minutes of their last game. Nothing more than a Jay Wright-like teaching moment, but of course throw it in there to support your misinformed agenda.

He shoots 56% from the floor and nearly 70% from the line. His form is fine. Don't confuse this with being a bad shooter. He chooses not to take many 3's at this point. Anthony Davis was 3-20 on threes as a college freshman. Blake Griffin didn't take a ton of jump shots. Both have perimeter games at this point.

LSU is just ok. His teammates aren't that special. I believe the coaching is suspect.

To answer Arak's question, but the only other player in the conversation is B. Ingram from Duke. He has a better stroke and an amazing wingspan for a kid who won't be 19 until September. He doesn't have Simmons body, passing ability, rebounding ability, and will probably take longer to advance his game at the NBA level. However, you might be able to make the case that 3-5 years from now he MIGHT be a better player than BS. Personally, I still go Simmons at this point.
burrs - where do you see Hield going in the drat? What about Dunn? If things shake out and the Sixers have more than 1 lottery pick I would love to see either of those players in a Sixers uniform.

burrs - where do you see Hield going in the drat? What about Dunn? If things shake out and the Sixers have more than 1 lottery pick I would love to see either of those players in a Sixers uniform.

Both should be top 10 picks. Hield wasn't in the top 10 for awhile, but that has slowly changed over the last month. I've seen Dunn has high as 4th. Not sure he'll stay that high, but I doubt he falls from top 10.

The Lakers are probably going to finish 2nd. There is a chance they can catch PHO, but trail by 3 wins. They do play each other twice. Those games will probably dictate that spot. The Lakers also have 16 of 25 at home. Even if the Lakers finish with the 2nd worse record they still have a 44% chance of finishing 4th+.

Next year's draft should be better. Arguably, you might be able to get a player at 8/9 next year that is as good as 4/5 this year. But.....The Lakers have a ton of space and who knows how much they can improve their team. I don't believe they are capable of tremendous improvement, but you can't rule out only being 10-13 worse either.

Hield is the talk in these parts. There are morons out there that would want him first over Simmons/Ingram. He's 23 years old and playing against a lot of 19/20 years old. He's probably at his ceiling. This is what NBA guys look at. Personally, I like him. Not sure how high I'd pick him, tho. No way outside the top 10 for me.

Burrs, you love moving goalposts. You had simmons as a stud piece worth tanking an entire season for, the only way to win. Now he's not a savior. So what is he? Just some guy who may or may not turn into a gr WA t pro. Which is what all these guys are with very few exemptions every ten-twenty years. Which is the point I've made for two years. Tank all you want, LeBron isn't entering the draft again.

Burrs, you love moving goalposts. You had simmons as a stud piece worth tanking an entire season for, the only way to win. Now he's not a savior. So what is he? Just some guy who may or may not turn into a gr WA t pro. Which is what all these guys are with very few exemptions every ten-twenty years. Which is the point I've made for two years. Tank all you want, LeBron isn't entering the draft again.
You may have not noticed, but Burrs likes to lower expectations for everyone and everything. It is always too soon to tell. Until it's not. And at that point, you excuse it as "it was the right choice at the time (because it was too soon to tell)".

You tank to get average players. Trust the process.

I think of Simmons' game to be similar to Dunn in that both their games are better suited for the NBA. Also LSU's coach is terrible - Simmons needs to get out as soon as he can.

Hield is a great piece for a winning team, unfortunately for him, he will end up on a loser.

I never called any player the next anything. Never. I said, the higher you pick the better the chance you have of maybe getting the guy. No moving goalposts. I've been consistent and clear from day one. There are no guarantees. How many times do I have to say it? I never use the word savior. Ridiculous.

You tank to get average players. Trust the process.

You tank to get the best odds of landing a future star. (at least that's one of the reasons) Does it always work out? No. Are there guarantees? No. C'mon, Adp. You're better than this.

I never called any player the next anything. Never. I said, the higher you pick the better the chance you have of maybe getting the guy. No moving goalposts. I've been consistent and clear from day one. There are no guarantees. How many times do I have to say it? I never use the word savior. Ridiculous.
burrs, did you mean to say "never"? :)

Comments like this make me wonder if you even understand basketball. A guy like Simmons is built for the open court man to man NBA game. He's 6'10 and can play PG. He runs like a gazelle. Guys like him are restricted by the flow of the college game and teams packing in playing zone defense. His jumper isn't good right now which makes zones against him more effective. He's still a sure thing. He does everything. His only current flaw is jumper but everyone agrees it will come.

As stated above - Dunn is also built for the open court NBA game. He's a one on one transition player. Hield will be just another guy in the pros. A 6'4 dude who can't play the point. NBA is filled with dudes like him who can't run a team, but can shoot, yet aren't big enough to make a true difference. Jodie Meeks comes to mind. Hield is also 23. Close to a finished product. Guys like Simmons and Ingram are teenagers. Their ceilings are immense. They're also 6'10 perimeter players. Those are hard to come by. Whenever someone says the Sixers should take Hield over either of these guys because he's a better college player at 23 that person loses instant credibility.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT