ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Trade Deadline Thread

As stated above - Dunn is also built for the open court NBA game. He's a one on one transition player. Hield will be just another guy in the pros. A 6'4 dude who can't play the point. NBA is filled with dudes like him who can't run a team, but can shoot, yet aren't big enough to make a true difference. Jodie Meeks comes to mind. Hield is also 23. Close to a finished product. Guys like Simmons and Ingram are teenagers. Their ceilings are immense. They're also 6'10 perimeter players. Those are hard to come by. Whenever someone says the Sixers should take Hield over either of these guys because he's a better college player at 23 that person loses instant credibility.
I really like Simmons, not completely sold on Dunn. The Sixers have to get Simmons for Hinkie to even have a shot for his insane plan to work.

You tank to get the best odds of landing a future star. (at least that's one of the reasons) Does it always work out? No. Are there guarantees? No. C'mon, Adp. You're better than this.
You just acknowledged the first pick isn't a lock future star. Seems to be a hitch in the #process. And with that I rest my case.

Comments like this make me wonder if you even understand basketball. A guy like Simmons is built for the open court man to man NBA game. He's 6'10 and can play PG. He runs like a gazelle. Guys like him are restricted by the flow of the college game and teams packing in playing zone defense. His jumper isn't good right now which makes zones against him more effective. He's still a sure thing. He does everything. His only current flaw is jumper but everyone agrees it will come.
He's Lamar oden with better athletic ability and less skill. He's not magic Johnson regardless of how hard talking heads want to sell hope an dreams.

Reactions: ncaaball2
He's Lamar oden with better athletic ability and less skill. He's not magic Johnson regardless of how hard talking heads want to sell hope an dreams.

OK so you have deduced what he is and the "talking heads" haven't?

There is no certainty in this world and therefore no accountability nor any foresight.
-wcburrs

Not true. At one point Hinkie will be held accountable. In some regards maybe he is already with JC coming on board.

But I won't apologize because I'm not guaranteeing that any draft pick will be some sort of savior.

OK so you have deduced what he is and the "talking heads" haven't?
Yes, I've watched the games. He's a good player who will be the number one pick in the draft. He's not a sure fire HOF or franchise savior. Essentially, he's no better and maybe not as good as the guy the Knicks got last year at #4. Which is the point. You can tank all you want and make sure you don't win anything to get that first pick. If you don't draft the right guy, see Okafor, it doesn't matter. It's still about identifying and developing talent. There are no Lebron James no brainers in the last few drafts and there won't be one in the next few. So all this talk of being awful to get the worst record is just dumb and stunts the teams development for years. It makes you an unattractive place to play and when everyone will have an additional $40 million over the next two years in cap space, cause whatever talent you do have will leave. All while you've wasted years and accomplished nothing. Which means the # process was stupid and why the Sixers dumped Hinkie. Only idiots and suckers who believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy cannot understand this basic concept.

You just acknowledged the first pick isn't a lock future star. Seems to be a hitch in the #process. And with that I rest my case.

Everyone knows there are no guarantees. This is common knowledge. There are no locks in sports. However, having high picks is the best way to possibly get that superstar in the NBA. What don't you understand?

You can have high picks while trying to win and develop a team. Get the hook out of your mouth. The Heat might end up in the lottery, they actually have pro's. Same with the Wizards etc...lot of runway between high picks and having 3 actual NBA players on the roster. Seriously, you don't get this?

You can have high picks while trying to win and develop a team. Get the hook out of your mouth. The Heat might end up in the lottery, they actually have pro's. Same with the Wizards etc...lot of runway between high picks and having 3 actual NBA players on the roster. Seriously, you don't get this?
The NBA is going to eventually put a stop to all of this anyway but instituting a lower percentage for the team with the worst record.

The NBA already does more to dissuade tanking than any other sport. NFL doesn't do it. MLB doesn't do it. The Colts purposely didn't bring in a suitable veteran the season Manning was hurt in the offseason because they knew Luck was coming out in the next draft. Obviously a tank and no one batted an eye.

The NBA already does more to dissuade tanking than any other sport. NFL doesn't do it. MLB doesn't do it. The Colts purposely didn't bring in a suitable veteran the season Manning was hurt in the offseason because they knew Luck was coming out in the next draft. Obviously a tank and no one batted an eye.

NFL: 53 man rosters
MLB: 40 man rosters, with several levels of farm teams
NBA: one player can make or break a team

The Heat have Wade, Bosh, Deng, etc.......They are built for today (and have no chance of winning a title) and are not developing a team. Totally different circumstance.

ADP, I'm curious......You take over today, what do you do to get the Sixers viable in the next 3 years? Seriously, I'm curious to hear your insights.

I hear what you're saying, but I don't believe the Sixers were ready to sign guys to multi-year contracts. This summer that might change.

I get that it sucks to be the worse or one of the worse teams in the league, but I just don't get what is so special about winning 30 games. Watch. When that begins to happen there will be a whole new set of complaints.

Go sign some 3rd-tier FAs, win 34 games for the next 7 years, maybe/maybe not make the playoffs, at least it looks like you are trying.
---NickelDimer

Reactions: NickleDimer
Go sign some 3rd-tier FAs, win 34 games for the next 7 years, maybe/maybe not make the playoffs, at least it looks like you are trying.
---NickelDimer
Problem is, if Hinkie's not so thought out well plan does not work, he has ruined pro basketball in a city that was already pretty apathetic anyway.

Problem is, if Hinkie's not so thought out well plan does not work, he has ruined pro basketball in a city that was already pretty apathetic anyway.
Burrs doesn't grasp that Philly was never a FA destination and now they are viewed as the joke of the league. Year 3 and things are looking great. We've got a rotation big in Noel and........NBN, what else do we have......same thing as the rest of the league....CAP SPACE

Burrs doesn't grasp that Philly was never a FA destination and now they are viewed as the joke of the league. Year 3 and things are looking great. We've got a rotation big in Noel and........NBN, what else do we have......same thing as the rest of the league....CAP SPACE

I'm waiting for what you would do?

ADP still doesn't get that players only care about getting paid and having a chance to win (Some of them). That where it takes place isn't a huge factor a lot of the time. Enough with this destination crap. Greg Monroe chose Milwaukee over the CoDB.

NFL: 53 man rosters
MLB: 40 man rosters, with several levels of farm teams
NBA: one player can make or break a team

Which is why there already is a lottery system. Because there are some differences.

By the way, a franchise QB doesn't make or break a team? You know better.

Sixers/Atlanta almost made significant trade. Basically, Schroder for Smith, Stauskas, Sampson, and one of the protected 1st RD picks. Report that the teams could revisit in summer.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Has there been an NBA thread that didn't result in a Sixers being a shitty organization? Better yet, has there been a NBA thread that didn't turn into the Sixers?

Sixers/Atlanta almost made significant trade. Basically, Schroder for Smith, Stauskas, Sampson, and one of the protected 1st RD picks. Report that the teams could revisit in summer.
Moral victory trade? Is there such a thing?

We should get points for even talking about the sixers. They have shit on their fans 3 straight years and can't even draft the right guys while tanking everything to draft the right guys. We have one rotational big, a gimp, some euro trash and a guy who may or may not be mentally slow.

The Broncos just won a Super Bowl with a QB that couldn't throw a spiral.

And so did the Ravens. Crazy things happen when the other team can't score. What about the other 48 super bowl winners? I think maybe 2 of them didn't have stud qbs.

"Since Villanova won the national title in 1985, just one other team in the city has hosted a championship parade, the 2008 Phillies. That glow is but a distant memory now, what with an assortment of professional teams so wildly inept it would be comical, except that sports actually matter to Philadelphians.

The Eagles just finished 7-9, fired Chip Kelly and hired Doug Pederson in the hopes of reviving the Andy Reid glory years (where at least the team went to the NFC Championship or Super Bowl before losing).

The Flyers canned Craig Berube in April and are still next to last in the Eastern Conference.

If you haven't heard, the 76ers have tanked their way into a pit so deep the league brought in Jerry Colangelo to try to fix the mess. They've won eight games this season, lost 47 and have three first-round draft picks for a draft many consider to be mundane."

There are actually 4 teams below the Flyers in the EC. Another example of a writer to lazy to get it right.

I predict more enjoyable times for all of the city teams within the next 3-4 years.

There are actually 4 teams below the Flyers in the EC. Another example of a writer to lazy to get it right.

I predict more enjoyable times for all of the city teams within the next 3-4 years.

Really? You mean more enjoyable than the laughing stock of pro sports teams?

Really? You mean more enjoyable than the laughing stock of pro sports teams?

Yes. I'm firmly convinced that the Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers will all be is good position to be successful. The Eagles is a little more cloudy, but I think they'll be fine, too.

Go ahead and ridicule. It's what you clowns do best.

Yes. I'm firmly convinced that the Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers will all be is good position to be successful. The Eagles is a little more cloudy, but I think they'll be fine, too.

Go ahead and ridicule. It's what you clowns do best.
I am just managing expectations of CoP pro sports rubes.

Not true. At one point Hinkie will be held accountable. In some regards maybe he is already with JC coming on board.

But I won't apologize because I'm not guaranteeing that any draft pick will be some sort of savior.

This statement shows how you don't get it. Hinkie was fired. He's already been deemed a failure. Your response is too soon to tell. His boss's told, he was demoted and no longer has his job as decision maker.

This statement shows how you don't get it. Hinkie was fired. He's already been deemed a failure. Your response is too soon to tell. His boss's told, he was demoted and no longer has his job as decision maker.

The last time I checked he still held the title of GM. And if he doesn't have some control, then why do idiot writers still produce columns on him like he is?

You think you get everything. Newsflash: You don't.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT