ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

gldendog

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Jul 24, 2001
League insiders believe Niners-Broncos have a Kap deal in place that will be consummated on draft day, contringent on Niners drafting Goff. Which is likely.

Jason LaCanfora believes Eagles will grab Elliott if they can't trade up for Wentz.

Giants are gonna get a good player at 10.

I need a deeper breakdown of all Eagles scenarios.

Peter King says the Eagles have a substantial offer on the table for #1 overall

he is typically full of shit though

Say it with me you pancake eatin' mother f$&ker ......

draft-day.jpg

Reactions: CWertz
I've always thought the Titans should make a trade like that if it was possible....that team needs talent in the worst way.

Rams just gave up a ton to a get what I am assuming is a QB, in a draft that doesn't have a clear cut #1 can't miss QB. 2004 is not walking through that door.

Of course the Rams once upon a time received a ton of pick from the Skins for the #2, and still sucked, so obviously picks don't mean success to them.

Of course the Rams once upon a time received a ton of pick from the Skins for the #2, and still sucked, so obviously picks don't mean success to them.

the Rams have a pretty good core (part of which was built from the RGIII trade). They suffer from having some of the worst QB play in the league.

I still don't like this trade for them though.

Titans won the trade. No reason for them to sit at #1 and draft an offensive lineman. Rams swung for the fences but in a new market they'll get a bigger boost they would've gotten with Case Keenum running the ship. They had to do something, you say there's no sure fire QB in this draft like an Andrew Luck but when will you have the right trade partner or draft position to get that guy.

Titans get 15th, 43rd, 45th and 76th pick this year along with the Rams first and third round picks next year. The Rams get the overall #1 pick plus 113 and 177 in 2016. Not quite as bad as originally stated.

Now talk Eagles may move up to 2? No!! And give up all that? F*ck outta here. I'd rather stay at 8 and pick a friggin RB than do that. And you know how excited I am about that.

Do people actually follow the NFL draft? Why? Haven't there been enough first round disasters to know that the NFL draft is among the most worthless events in sports?

Do people actually follow the NFL draft? Why? Haven't there been enough first round disasters to know that the NFL draft is among the most worthless events in sports?

why do you watch regular season VIllanova basketball games?

same concept, really, when you think about it

why do you watch regular season VIllanova basketball games?

same concept, really, when you think about it

You are comparing a draft to an actual game?

1. Watching basketball games are fun.
2. Regular season games matter in the standings
3. Regular season games give you an idea of what to expect come March
4. Regular season games allow you to see the player development over the course of the year and watch the players learn/grow into their roles

NFL Draft?
Entertainment value is similar to TMZ gossip like product. It's not an actual game, it is a tabloid-like experience
The results of the draft rarely matter as first rounders bust all the time and great players are drafted in later rounds all the time

Back when the Patriots sucked I used to care about the draft. Jeff George, Rocket Ismail, But then I grew up.

Question:

You have to chose one of the following NFL events to follow:
A) NFL Draft
B) NFL Hall of Fame induction speeches
C) NFL pre-season game
D) NFL Pro Bowl

Which would you watch?

Question:

You have to chose one of the following NFL events to follow:
A) NFL Draft
B) NFL Hall of Fame induction speeches
C) NFL pre-season game
D) NFL Pro Bowl

Which would you watch?

In this order:

Draft
Speeches
Game

And........so far below.

Pro Bowl

I would watch a pre-season game

I don't think you could pay me to watch a NFL hall of fame speech or the NFL draft. The pro bowl is even lower on the list.

I would never, ever watch the Pro Bowl.

I would also never, ever watch a Hall of Fame speech unless it was a guy that played for my team or a player that I liked

I have watched pre-season NFL games

The only draft that I could actually see people caring about, beyond the tmz/tabloid type twitter attention, is the NBA draft. In the NBA draft one guy actually means something and it can be a franchise changing event (like drafting Larry Hughes over Paul Pierce or being one of the thirteen teams to pass on Kobe or using the #2 overall pick on Evan Turner).

Did you know that since 1998 the New England Patriots have only taken an offensive skill position player in the first round once. Running back Lawrence Maroney in 2006?
Did you know that since 1998 the New England Patriots have been the best football team in the history of the sport?
Coincidence?

Yeah, I know the draft is more than one round. And I know half the guys the Pats draft I will never actually hear their names called more than a handful of times during the season.

That's why I don't mind pre-season games. I pay no attention to the draft, and start paying attention a little bit during the pre-season.

2014 1st round pick: Domonique Easley (who?)
2014 undrafted corner back: Malcolm Butler

#NFLdraftISworthless.com

But the NFL draft is hilarious. Every guy drafted is a can't miss future hall of famer, a great get for their team, and a guy that we must praise. Half the time three or four years go by and you realize you have no memory of the player whatsoever.

I just did a review of the Patriots 2015 draft picks. I watched every patriots game last year. I have no clue who 90% of these guys are.

#NFLdraftIsForTMZgossipQueenSuckas.com

Did you know that since 1998 the New England Patriots have only taken an offensive skill position player in the first round once. Running back Lawrence Maroney in 2006?
Coincidence?
Actually, it's 4. Unless you don't count RBs or TEs.
The same number as the Eagles.

Actually, it's 4. Unless you don't count RBs or TEs.
The same number as the Eagles.

I wasn't counting Tight Ends. So I guess since 2004 it is 1 skill position if you count a Tight End as a skill position (which I probably would)

The draft isn't important? Is that what this thread has devolved into?

The draft isn't important? Is that what this thread has devolved into?

yup. THe NFL draft is nothing more than an overpublicized PR hype event to keep people interested in the NFL in April.

You dispute that statement?

yup. THe NFL draft is nothing more than an overpublicized PR hype event to keep people interested in the NFL in April.

You dispute that statement?

And no other sport markets its product better. Really, not even close.

Do you dispute this?

CBB ended last week and it won't be talked about again until next November.

I wasn't counting Tight Ends. So I guess since 2004 it is 1 skill position if you count a Tight End as a skill position (which I probably would)
Since you're cherry picking years, the Eagles took one skill position player between 2002 and 2014, and they clearly are not the best franchise in football. So that theory doesn't mean anything.

Who is going to draft jeff george this year?
What pick will kijana carter be drafted?
Is jermarcus russell still the future of the qb position?
How about johnny football?

Who is going to draft jeff george this year?
What pick will kijana carter be drafted?
Is jermarcus russell still the future of the qb position?
How about johnny football?

So because some guys bust the draft doesn't matter? Jesus Christ man, this is terrible.

Please give me a list of the 2015 new england patriots draft picks. How many of them have you heard of (based on nfl performance)? Yeah, me neither.

The last time a rookie mattered was malcolm butler, a guy who was not drafted.

The only people who care about the draft are fans of loser teams looking for something, anything, to be optimistic about. But reality os the draft means as much to most teams as if Cheik Diallo had committed to St Johns last year (meaning nothing, they still would have sucked)

Last year the Eagles drafted some dude named Nelson Agholor. I had to look it up.

23 catches for 280 yds. Yeah, real difference maker they got there.

Bmoney's dolphins drafted some guy named Devonte Parker. He caught 26 catches fir 500 yards.

If you combined algholor and parker's seasons you might have a playable wr2 in deep fantasy leagues.

And chances are, both players will be available for reasonable free agent prices in two years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT