ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

In 2014 first round the eagles drafted some dude named marcus smith (had to look it up). He has played in 21 career games, and has recorded 3 career tackles.

Good think WIP probably spent a month talking about this difference maker.

In 2014 the Dolphins took Ju'Waun James. He has played 23 career games and the only stat he has recorded is two forced fumbles and one tackle per nfl reference.

The Patriots already released their 2014 first round pick.

Fact of the matter is that the nfl draft you are watching is essentially the 2019 low level free agent league minimum salary pool. Most of these guys are going to be available for cheap within a couple of years, and the few that either stick or make a career with the team that drafts them have just as good a chance of being picked with the #75 pick as the #20 pick.

Last edited:
I looked up Eagles first round draft picks on wiki.

These are the ones i have heard of (note, i dont know if they are good or not)
2009 Jeremy macklin
2004 freddy mitchell
1999 donovan mcnabb
1995 mike mamula

Dolphins:
2012 ryan tannehill (crappy qb)
2007 ted ginn jr (crappy fantasy wr for another team now)
2005 ronnie brown (i think he was a good college player)
1993 oj McDuffie

Now i know these are two of the worst franchises in the sport, but goes to show how worthless the nfl draft is. Total crap shoot.

Hey burrsies, if you disagree, tell me where i am wrong. Gdog is probably too busy being brainwashed by WIP to think otherwise and bmoney is all about the gossip.

I like this ball angle. Only round of the draft that matters is the 6th round. That's when you pull the trigger on a QB.

One thing I will disagree with is NFL preseason. Only bad things happen during preseason games (injuries). Also, the preseason is good at making horrendous QBs look way better than they are.

Please give me a list of the 2015 new england patriots draft picks. How many of them have you heard of (based on nfl performance)? Yeah, me neither.

The last time a rookie mattered was malcolm butler, a guy who was not drafted.

The only people who care about the draft are fans of loser teams looking for something, anything, to be optimistic about. But reality os the draft means as much to most teams as if Cheik Diallo had committed to St Johns last year (meaning nothing, they still would have sucked)

the New England Patriots did not win the Super Bowl last year. Hell, they didn't even play in it. Why should we care about their draft picks? Maybe if they drafted better they would have won...?

In 2014 first round the eagles drafted some dude named marcus smith (had to look it up). He has played in 21 career games, and has recorded 3 career tackles.

Good think WIP probably spent a month talking about this difference maker.

In 2014 the Dolphins took Ju'Waun James. He has played 23 career games and the only stat he has recorded is two forced fumbles and one tackle per nfl reference.

The Patriots already released their 2014 first round pick.

Fact of the matter is that the nfl draft you are watching is essentially the 2019 low level free agent league minimum salary pool. Most of these guys are going to be available for cheap within a couple of years, and the few that either stick or make a career with the team that drafts them have just as good a chance of being picked with the #75 pick as the #20 pick.

posting stats for a Right Tackle

now that is some grade-A trolling

Ncaaball trolling hasn't aged well. It's just a big yawn now.

Seriously this is just embarrassing. The Patriots angle is even more embarrassing. The Patriots are a team that is built in the draft and supplemented with niche free agents. Its the model other franchises try to emulate and why other franchise who win March (dolphins) suck.

Are you more likely to draft a HoFer with the #1 overall or with 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders and 2 3rd rounders?
I don't know the stats for that but I do like what the Titans did, considering they have a QB they believe can be there for a while and win.

Hey, if you guys enjoy this stuff, go ahead and watch.

I am sure you will be well informed as to which low level league minimum free agents will be on the market in 3-5 years

How many 2012 first and second round picks are still with the team that drafted them?

I don't enjoy watching the NFL draft either but I can see why some people get geeked up for it.

Because it gets a ton of hype and press, despite having minimal impact on the season?

Yes, i agree.
I find it annoying. I want to know the results but can find that out pretty quickly without watching.

Because it gets a ton of hype and press, despite having minimal impact on the season?

Yes, i agree.

Not accurate. Good teams build thru the draft. Now, I'm not going to spend three straight days watching it, but I probably will watch a lot of the first round and then check in periodically from there. For me, it's just in the rotation if I'm watching TV. I'll watch the Phillies before the draft. If the Flyers are still playing then they'll be on. I'm interesting in who the Eagles pick. Therefore, I'll pay attention.

But good teams that build through the draft dont do so with a bunch of first round picks. They chose guys that fit their system in Both early and later rounds and develop them over a few years.

So actual draft day analysis is pretty pointless.

Again, how many guys from the 2012 first and second round are still with their current teams? Is it even half?

But good teams that build through the draft dont do so with a bunch of first round picks. They chose guys that fit their system in Both early and later rounds and develop them over a few years.

Again, how many guys from the 2012 first and second round are still with their current teams? Is it even half?

2012 1st rounders still with their original team: 22 of 32 by my count. and Chandler Jones was traded and David Wilson retired due to injury.
2012 2nd rounders still with their original team: 9 of 31 (Saints forfeited their pick)

however, many of the 2012 1st rounders got the 5th year option. 2nd rounders and beyond only get 4 year contracts which is why that is skewed a bit.

I'm not analyzing anything. I watching to see who the Eagles draft because I'm interested. Again, I'm not some clown who invites the boys over and wears a jersey around the house for 3 days. I'm interested. I'll pay attention. But I'm not going crazy over it. After the 1st Rd I don't pay too much attention to it until the Eagles make a pick.

So 31 of 63 still with their original team? Sweet.

Didn't know about the 5 yr contract. So 2011 1st and 2nd rounders still with the teams that drafted the, in the teens or twenties? Sweet.

Should have just made the Mariotta deal last year....

Not sure that was realistic based on where their 1st Rd pick was last year. And who is to say that TENN was ever serious about moving it.

Well, their drafts have been blah anyway. If the QB they take turns out to be very good, then I guess it's definitely worth it.

Also, any chance they try to move Bradford?

the problem is I am not sure Carson Wentz will be a franchise QB. I Do like the player, but not enough to give up all that.

Isn't that a terrible trade for the Eagles?

Isn't it better to have more draft picks given what a crap shoot the NFL draft is?

I would probably trade the #2 overall for the #8, 77 and 100. Nevermind all the other stuff Cleveland got. I mean, the difference between #2 and #8 is so small, there is just as good a chance that #8 is the better player. And then the Browns get all that other stuff.

I don't follow college football can someone talk a little about these 2 QBs? Rams taking Goff is a certainity? Is one clearly ahead of the other right now?

I would assume Bradford starts with Daniels as backup while Goff/Wentz sits out a year to learn?

I don't follow college football can someone talk a little about these 2 QBs? Rams taking Goff is a certainity? Is one clearly ahead of the other right now?

I would assume Bradford starts with Daniels as backup while Goff/Wentz sits out a year to learn?

Trade Bradford to Denver or NYJ. No reason to have a guy sit out a year anymore. Not saying it won't happen but whats the point.

So Eagles get:

1 First Rounder
1 Fourth Rounder

Browns get
2 First Rounders
1 Second Rounder
1 Third Rounder
1 Fourth Rounder

And the bump for the Eagles is that they jumped from 8th to 2nd?

Am I reading that correctly?

That's pretty amazing. I know I bashed the draft before, but that was more in the sense that the entire thing is a crap shoot and more than half these guys will be affordable free agents in a few years. But half the guys will stick. So the Browns just got potentially 3 guys who could work out for their team, and the Eagles just got Robert Griffin III?

ball, Eagles also traded away 2 starters to Miami (whether you like them or not, they were still starters) to move from 13th to 8th earlier this offseason

Who are they going to take with the 2nd pick that is so amazing?

I hope the guy holds out like Eli Manning did and they have to trade him for pennies on the dollar.

Just assuming that Doug Pederson is Andry Reid Jr I guess?

Has more to do with the rules benefiting the offense and the fact teams don't have the same financial commitment as they did in the years from Bradford back. Just don't need to bring these guys along slowly like you used to.

Has more to do with the rules benefiting the offense and the fact teams don't have the same financial commitment as they did in the years from Bradford back. Just don't need to bring these guys along slowly like you used to.
I am all for the new QB starting from day 1, at least it brings some excitement to the team.

You watched a lot of his games no doubt.

I have most certainly watched plenty of tape on a lot of these guys, yes. I love the NFL draft.

its OK to admit you dont know anything about these guys but dont criticize others about it

This is scary. But I won't pretend to know if this kid will be good. No one knows.

I am all for the new QB starting from day 1, at least it brings some excitement to the team.

If excitement = losing seasons, then sure.

I think it is more exciting to, you know, actually win games rather than read all about the shiny new rookie QB in the papers. But that's just me.

It could be genius. Or it could be disaster. As Mike Mayock puts it, "if you're a coach without a QB you're always on the edge of the unemployment line".

Rolling the dice. Maybe it comes up tits.

ball, Eagles also traded away 2 starters to Miami (whether you like them or not, they were still starters) to move from 13th to 8th earlier this offseason

But that had cap implications down the road, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT