ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Offseason

So in the wake of irrefutable proof you lied, you just keep digging. And you're calling ME Clinton? That's soooo K Street.

You coming up for any of these games BTW?

I feel I must mediate here. Officially, we have

Dmill, on record, as saying MM will not fall past 6. ADP, on record, says it will take Foles, next year's #1 and the Eagles pick at #20 to move up to #6.
Do I have that correct?

Rumor: Bradford and picks to TEN for #2 pick. This is getting crazy.

This is turning terrible by the minute. Eagles give up Foles, 2015 4th, 2016 2nd for Bradford and 2015 5th. What is this crap????

This is some kind of SICK joke.

Where am I the f'n Twilight Zone?!?

This can't be real. Can't be real.

Without the swap of firsts, I cannot understand this trade at all. Sam Bradford?

Sam Bradford's cap hit???? Help me here. Guy is coming off multiple ACLs, has played 7 games in 2 years and is way under .500 for his career.

My only guess is that he has a deal somewhere for Bradford.

The only thing I see that's more valuable about Bradford vs Foles is his bank account.

If Bradford does not start for the Eagles. they get their second round pick back 2016. There has to be more to this. Bradford has to be on the move again, right?

If not, the QB for the Eagles in 2015 is Sam Bradford. WOW.

If there isn't more to this someone will kill Chip Kelly before the season even begins.

Why trade for a guy that the Rams would have likely cut? With a $12m salary, doesn't he have negative value?

Originally posted by vufjm93:
Why trade for a guy that the Rams would have likely cut? With a $12m salary, doesn't he have negative value?
Were the Rams going to cut him? They still needed a QB, right? I hate this trade as is. I'm praying there is something else connected to it down the line. Maybe, someone else likes Bradford, but didn't have a QB to trade back to them. I really don't know.

Originally posted by matty17:

If Bradford does not start for the Eagles. they get their second round pick back 2016. There has to be more to this. Bradford has to be on the move again, right?

If not, the QB for the Eagles in 2015 is Sam Bradford. WOW.
I don;t think thats true. Everything I read says Rams get the 2016 2nd no matter what.

thats brutal.

This is mind boggling but we have to wait. If they hold a press conference and introduce him, then there will be hell to pay with the fan base. The Eagles need a running back, receiver, another corner and a safety. We have no choice but to let it play out but this looks bad at the moment.

That all said, Bradford was rookie of the year in 2010 and had a very good season in 2012 as a full time starter. he is very mobile and has played in this offense a great deal. The bad news, he has not had a healthy season in three years and coming off two ACLS. WOW.

Maxwell has signed officially. Thank God!

I'm going to vomit when college basketball season ends. Straight vomit.

Some dude Sessler is saying there might be a third team involved. Bill Polian saying keep an eye on the Eagles there is another shoe to drop. Not sure what to make of any of it. But I'm In favor of another shoe dropping.

Any explanation why the picks were given up to take on all that salary?

If there isn't another shoe dropping there will be one dropping out of Chip Kelly's butt after I shove my foot up
his asshole.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Some dude Sessler is saying there might be a third team involved. Bill Polian saying keep an eye on the Eagles there is another shoe to drop. Not sure what to make of any of it. But I'm In favor of another shoe dropping.
Burrs: I sure hope so. I just cannot believe that this is it. I will say again that if he gets officially introduced with a jersey at a press conference, that is the end of the story.

there have been so many wrong stories posted in the last 72 hours, that I am just going to wait until the draft is over, see who is on the roster, and then I will worry about what the Eagles are going to do in 2015.

Frank Gore is here, then he isn't. Brandon Graham is going to be a Giant, now hes an Eagle. Eagles are getting the Rams pick at 10, no they aren't........ it's never ending.

So sick of these dbag reporters releasing so much incorrect info trying to "scoop" news to make themselves look like geniuses for first reporting it. STFU. Kill yourselves.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
So in the wake of irrefutable proof you lied, you just keep digging. And you're calling ME Clinton? That's soooo K Street.

You coming up for any of these games BTW?
No, picking my spots. I'm already booked for PIttsburgh and will be attending each NCAA tourney game.

The only explanation is another deal is coming or they love Sam Bradford. All jokes aside and talk of who has what....WTF is Chipper doing? Only explanation is getting his guy for a lot less than 3 #1's?

Ok, just say the Eagles like Bradford and want him to be their QB. We still have to assume that Chip tried real hard to get into position to land MM, right? Maybe, teams told him, no way Chip, we're not moving, we're not interested, we want MM. Possible? And Chip moved on? So, one can conclude that MM will be going kind of early, right?

Or, maybe Chip didn't like him that much to begin with. Again, possible?

I'm just kind of perplexed right now.

I keep reading media guys saying, who up top wants SB? Fair, I guess. Well, as of yesterday, did any of those media guys believe that Chip wanted SB?

Also, would Foles for Bradford straight-up been unfair? Why did the Eagles have to to give back a 2nd RD pick (The other picks are only separated by 20 spots), too? Especially, with the Eagles taking back 13 million.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Ok, just say the Eagles like Bradford and want him to be their QB. We still have to assume that Chip tried real hard to get into position to land MM, right? Maybe, teams told him, no way Chip, we're not moving, we're not interested, we want MM. Possible? And Chip moved on? So, one can conclude that MM will be going kind of early, right?

Or, maybe Chip didn't like him that much to begin with. Again, possible?

I'm just kind of perplexed right now.

I keep reading media guys saying, who up top wants SB? Fair, I guess. Well, as of yesterday, did any of those media guys believe that Chip wanted SB?

Also, would Foles for Bradford straight-up been unfair? Why did the Eagles have to to give back a 2nd RD pick (The other picks are only separated by 20 spots), too? Especially, with the Eagles taking back 13 million.
Burrs, Good Post. I keep asking myself the same questions.

I could buy Chip not liking MM enough to move up at a steep price, but I think he'd have to absolutely hate him to settle on Bradford instead. And if this is the case, why make this deal almost 2 months before the draft? He doesnt REALLY know what the price is for anything until free agency is in teh books and he gets much closer to draft night.

IF Chip stays with Bradford I'm sure his thinking is, "shit yo, I averaged 30 ppg with Mark Sanchez running my team and he cant make half the throws Bradford can"...the thing is Chip, you averaged all these points with guys like Shady, Maclin, DeSean. Now you have...none of them. You can scheme all you want, unless you have Tom f'n Brady you need guys a defense actually has to respect and game plan for. Sure, Ertz and Jordan Matthews are nice talents but these guys arent keeping c-coordinators up at night. If your plan is to roll with Bradford you have got to give him some damn help - something he never had in St. Louis. DeMarco Murray or C.J Spiller or Forsett would be a start. Dare I say....Percy Harvin or Mike Wallace on a "show me" 1-yr deal? I know those arent Chip's type of cats but he's in a bit of a pickle here.

I could see him going for someone like Dorial Beckham-Green or DeVante Parker in the draft but with the holes that still persist on defense I'd really hate to see them burn their #1 pick on a wideout when they couldve just ponied up another 1.5M for Maclin and not woried about it.

My head hurts.

Hey, if Chip said to himself I can't get MM for teams aren't interested in dealing, then ok. Nothing you can do about that. From here, if he then said we still need to upgrade the QB position and I think SB can be that guy, then ok again. Maybe, he convinced himself that the guy had some bad luck and little around him during his time in STL. But what I don't get is why remove players ike McCoy and Mackin? Why not try to make a run by adding a few defensive players in FA/draft and give SB the same parts to work with that Foles/Sanchez had last year. Maybe, add another WR. The offense was pretty good with them, maybe a more skilled, bigger arm Bradford can do better. But no, he starts gutting the team and now Bradford basically is in the no help around him predicament he experienced in STL.

BREAKING: Chip signs another former Oregon player. Yes, coming off an injury.

Didn't the Birds QB coach have Bradford in St. Louis? Evidently he loves Bradford. The guy has a cannon so maybe they think he just needs to be in the right system. It's certainly not dull. I'll give Chipper that much. A lot more exciting than watching the capped out Steelers cut everyone.

They've got to be cutting Ryans right? They need the cap room to sign their draft picks and fill their remaining holes. The trade for MM is dead. Bradford will be their starting QB next season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT