ADVERTISEMENT

Obama legacy

F Obama and f America! I'll live here as long as it suits me but put no faith in politicians or the current legislative or executive systems. Even the judiciary are mostly politicians but they have more oversight and accountability.

You probably have much greater depth as I'm not expert on tax policy.
not even close.. well over my skis

Lowering the rate to be in line with Ireland sounds great.. but will we still allow the shell games that go on now that create an effective rate of about 15% across the board already? If we close some of those loopholes does lowering the rate solve the problem? i have no clue.

I would think that's the idea. Get down to 20-25% and close loopholes. Sounds good to me. There is actually some political agreement to get this done. the problem is when you add individual rates in as well. The next President, either Rubio or Clinton will do it in their first year.

I would think that's the idea. Get down to 20-25% and close loopholes. Sounds good to me. There is actually some political agreement to get this done. the problem is when you add individual rates in as well. The next President, either Rubio or Clinton will do it in their first year.
Lowering corporate taxes coupled with a no penalty grace period to bring home the trillions in corporate profits now held overseas would ignite a tremendous amount of economic growth and job creation. It's a real no brainer. Even lowering the rate to say 15% would bring in more revenue to the government because of the economic expansion that would create.

Lowering corporate taxes coupled with a no penalty grace period to bring home the trillions in corporate profits now held overseas would ignite a tremendous amount of economic growth and job creation. It's a real no brainer. Even lowering the rate to say 15% would bring in more revenue to the government because of the economic expansion that would create.
Based on fact or are you just regugitating something you heard while watching your weekly 60 hours of cable news?

Reactions: shaneclarkscat
Based on fact or are you just regugitating something you heard while watching your weekly 60 hours of cable news?

He's too busy to watch cable news or answer direct questions about why he cheats on his taxes.

We did repatriation back in 02 I believe. The money came back and much of it was given to shareholders in the form of dividends. Not sure that fostered much growth. We did this as part of a huge tax package. if memory serves in 02.

The
We did repatriation back in 02 I believe. The money came back and much of it was given to shareholders in the form of dividends. Not sure that fostered much growth. We did this as part of a huge tax package. if memory serves in 02.
Then you just write into the bill that X% of the repatriated money must go into plant & equipment.

The

Then you just write into the bill that X% of the repatriated money must go into plant & equipment.
So you're a communist who wants to dictate how companies make investments? Not realistic.

Reactions: Novacatt94
So you're a communist who wants to dictate how companies make investments? Not realistic.
Better than letting the money stay overseas so they can expand over there. Btw, Communism was a very bad example for you to use as I didn't advocate the government "owning" the expanded plants and equipment. You need to address that with The Bern!

Obama's legacy will be is he wasn't an economy-focused President in a time that we sorely needed one. Romney, although a weirdo in his own right, had the right financial acumen to at least put us back on track. Also, someone give these politicians a lesson on the Laffer curve; don't tax the hell out of certain people because after a while it's diminishing returns (get a bunch of economics geeks in the room and figure out an ideal tax code and simplify it)

As for the next election cycle as an independent voter I have no faith/trust in any candidate, so that's always scary.

Obama's legacy will be is he wasn't an economy-focused President in a time that we sorely needed one. Romney, although a weirdo in his own right, had the right financial acumen to at least put us back on track. Also, someone give these politicians a lesson on the Laffer curve; don't tax the hell out of certain people because after a while it's diminishing returns (get a bunch of economics geeks in the room and figure out an ideal tax code and simplify it)

As for the next election cycle as an independent voter I have no faith/trust in any candidate, so that's always scary.
I just hope it doesn't come down to a Bush/Clinton election. I'll lose all hope for the country's future if that happens.

Just curious as I really wonder how much a president on his own can control the performance of an economy as I feel there are so many variables out of his control but on a scale of- 0 being has absolutely no impact - to 5 having complete authorship....how much impact do you think the President possesses?

Number 1 with a bullet. My favorite Mexican-American.

BTW, Hillary's e-mail situation seems to be getting worse. Appears we're now to a full blown FBI investigation. Someone might want to call Uncle Joe.

Number 1 with a bullet. My favorite Mexican-American.

BTW, Hillary's e-mail situation seems to be getting worse. Appears we're now to a full blown FBI investigation. Someone might want to call Uncle Joe.

George Romney will always be my favorite Mex-American because his son didn't begin every sentence with his parent's immigration story.

What's the latest on Hillary's emails? Haven't heard much lately on the campaign trail other than people realizing embarrassing things about Ben and Jeb.

To add some objectivity to the discussion, here are opinions from some conservative financial publications and Fact Check:

Forbes Magazine Opinion

WSJ Opinion

Equities Opinion

Fact Check.org

Fact Check Summary:

Summary (July, 2015)
Since Barack Obama first took office:
  • The economy has added nearly 7.9 million jobs, and the unemployment rate is now lower than the historical median.
  • Business establishment start-ups have increased by 20 percent, and the number of job openings is the highest in more than 14 years.
  • The purchasing power of weekly paychecks is up 2.6 percent, despite some recent slippage.
  • Nevertheless, the number of people receiving food stamps is still 43 percent higher than when Obama was first sworn in, despite recent declines.
  • And the home ownership rate has continued to decline, to the lowest point in over a quarter century.
  • U.S. oil production is up 94 percent. Wind and solar power are up 252 percent. U.S. dependency on oil imports is down to the lowest point since the 1970s.
  • The percentage of foreigners who say they approve of the U.S. is up in most countries including France, Britain, Japan, Mexico, Turkey, Pakistan and even Israel, where it stands at 81 percent of those polled this year. One of the few exceptions is Russia, where U.S. favorability has plunged to 15 percent.

To add some objectivity to the discussion, here are opinions from some conservative financial publications and Fact Check:

Forbes Magazine Opinion

WSJ Opinion

Equities Opinion

Fact Check.org

Fact Check Summary:

Summary (July, 2015)
  • The economy has added nearly 7.9 million jobs, and the unemployment rate is now lower than the historical median.
  • Business establishment start-ups have increased by 20 percent, and the number of job openings is the highest in more than 14 years.
  • The purchasing power of weekly paychecks is up 2.6 percent, despite some recent slippage.
  • Nevertheless, the number of people receiving food stamps is still 43 percent higher than when Obama was first sworn in, despite recent declines.
  • And the home ownership rate has continued to decline, to the lowest point in over a quarter century.
  • U.S. oil production is up 94 percent. Wind and solar power are up 252 percent. U.S. dependency on oil imports is down to the lowest point since the 1970s.
  • The percentage of foreigners who say they approve of the U.S. is up in most countries including France, Britain, Japan, Mexico, Turkey, Pakistan and even Israel, where it stands at 81 percent of those polled this year. One of the few exceptions is Russia, where U.S. favorability has plunged to 15 percent.
Those are all lies. Even conservative media is starting to get liberal cracks in it. I believe what I hear on GoP debate night: big government Obama broke our economy.

It seems to me that the Hillary email situation has quieted down. Then again, I read the newspapers online and don't watch Fox. I actually think it is a bigger deal than people seem to be making about it.

It seems to me that the Hillary email situation has quieted down. Then again, I read the newspapers online and don't watch Fox. I actually think it is a bigger deal than people seem to be making about it.
I thought she was grilled in front of some congressional committee and essentially b*tch-slapped all of her attackers? At least that's what I read. Probably from a conspiratorial liberal media source.

Forbes Magazine Opinion

WSJ Opinion

Equities Opinion

Fact Check.org

Fact Check Summary:

Summary (July, 2015)
You left one out. The labor participation rate of 62.4% remains unchanged and is at Jimmy Carter levels.

THe hearing was a sideshow. Her issue is the fbi investigation.

I don't see where that's leading. She hasn't been SoS for 2.5 years. If there was something there, it would have been addressed by now, right? What's the worst case scenario? A stern reprimand for improper email security?

No, there could be criminal charges. People with Top Secret clearance have strict regulations on handling and disseminating protected information. Regardless, it shows an utter lack of sophistication or common sense for someone in that position to be conducting official government business on a home server.

No, there could be criminal charges. People with Top Secret clearance have strict regulations on handling and disseminating protected information. Regardless, it shows an utter lack of sophistication or common sense for someone in that position to be conducting official government business on a home server.
She outsourced that responsibility to a government employee with that skill set, no?
And it's taken 2.5 years to worry about any of this? Not sure this makes sense. Seems like a politically convenient witch hunt. (pause for mysogynstic GoPers to laugh) Sounds more like a "happens everywhere".

No, much worse. Problem is also all the ties to Clinton foindation and her top employees. They all had side deals and foundation donors have issues before state department. As someone who does this for a living, when yoy get to this point and knowing how corrupt the Clinton are the only question becomes how bad and how direct to the sec. How direct is the connection? But dnot kid yourself, if the fbi is involved with some one thus powerful the question is how bad and how direct. Especially during a presidential campaign. These hearing was nothing. The gop woild be smart to shut that down as they make her look like a victum, which is what shes good at, playing that catd. However, what the benghazi committee did was unveil the secret server. Remember, hrc lied about all this. They figured it out because of her Emil address. Once they have that it's all down hill. They will find something. Just a matter of how many go down and how close to hrc.

I've received some advanced info on what this investigation will look like when complete in another 13 years:
Sistine_Chapel_ceiling_left.png

Let me go a step further. She won't go to jail or be charged. They'll have enough layers of culpable deniability. However, the foundation stuff, cheryl mills and huma's side deal will be a huge problem. All at a time everyone hates what Washington represents. Her campaign will imploded on trust and liability, of which she scores a zero on both accounts.

I forgot about the foundation, adp. Wasn't there a major donation from a foreign government? She also went through the server and deleted many of her emails claiming they had nothing to do with her employment.

ND: What difference does it make how long ago it happened?

One donation? Every major foreign tyrannant and company donated to this thing. It's wholly corrupt. And most have business before the state department. It's the clintons, they don't miss a trick to enrich themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT