ADVERTISEMENT

Quitting Your Job to Travel

As of now, I think ive got a plan.

I will raise my hand to be let go after we get our bonus in December. Ive lined up some private capital in addition to my own to launch a venture when i return.

Is any of this private capital coming from a noted real estate partership based in rural north carolina?

Is there one area of the world you're most interested in visiting? (for me it was Africa)

SE Asia. Ive got 10 countries on the list id like to see.

Honestly i have little interest in Australia or Africa. I think ill travel asia until i miss seeing white people. Then ill come back.

Reactions: KrazyKat

Honestly i have little interest in Australia or Africa. I think ill travel asia until i miss seeing white people. Then ill come back.

SE Asia was probably my favorite section of my trip. Good food, optimistic people, affordable luxury.

strick, did you ever get a rub and tug and or hooker in SE Asia?

I probably had thirty massages while in SE Asia...and not once was such a service provided nor offered...nor suggested.

I'm not sure whether I should be insulted, shocked, relieved, disappointed or what....

I probably had thirty massages while in SE Asia...and not once was such a service provided nor offered...nor suggested.

I'm not sure whether I should be insulted, shocked, relieved, disappointed or what....

a bit, yes, not at all, completely

Reactions: jvm3
a bit, yes, not at all, completely
tumblr_m6ha2uyfh71rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Some guy that worked with one of my friends quit his job traveled arund se asia after getting burnt out at work. He kept a blog of the trip that I followed along with. Included the link below if you want a few ideas of where to head while in SE Asia
https://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/NateTheGreat/

If you want any recommendations/insights, let me know. Seem like you've got things sorted, though...

This is a great thread, if there was a message board of CoDB people instead of CoP, it would be much more interesting. CoP'ers just never leave their 20 mile radius.

Serious question. Do you bring up the CoP in every post? Not sure what's worse. The CoP or you harping on it in just about every post.

If you want any recommendations/insights, let me know. Seem like you've got things sorted, though...

Thanks man.

Bali and Kuala Lumpur were on my list, but the radical Islamic contingent in predominantly Muslim countries scares me. I may skip them altogether.
(There is no mistaking me for anything other than a westerner.)

Let's see...money to spend, next career lined up when you return, and it really makes the conservative types on this board uncomfortable. I say do it!

Thanks man.

Bali and Kuala Lumpur were on my list, but the radical Islamic contingent in predominantly Muslim countries scares me. I may skip them altogether.
(There is no mistaking me for anything other than a westerner.)

Not missing much not going to KL except for the Petronas Towers. One day would be enough.

Wouldn't worry too much about the there and Bali/Indonesia being mostly Muslim oriented. Many westerners in those places and most locals are quite open and friendly. Not radical like the Arab world where women are covered up and all the reported violence is taking place.

Although Kuta is the popular beach scene in Bali, it is also the most 'rough' area. Lots of backpacking Aussies and local drug touts in the open harassing westerners/tourists to buy stuff. Nusa Dua and Ubud are the areas to be in Bali.

Would definitely try to fit in Boracay (Philippines) and Phuket & Koh Samui (Thailand) to the list.

Not missing much not going to KL except for the Petronas Towers. One day would be enough.

Wouldn't worry too much about the there and Bali/Indonesia being mostly Muslim oriented. Many westerners in those places and most locals are quite open and friendly. Not radical like the Arab world where women are covered up and all the reported violence is taking place.

Although Kuta is the popular beach scene in Bali, it is also the most 'rough' area. Lots of backpacking Aussies and local drug touts in the open harassing westerners/tourists to buy stuff. Nusa Dua and Ubud are the areas to be in Bali.

Would definitely try to fit in Boracay (Philippines) and Phuket & Koh Samui (Thailand) to the list.

Ok, i get it. So this is the part where you tell me how Locals Rule and yuppie insects like me shouldn't be surfing your break, right?

Doing Bangkok, Chiang Mai, and Koh Samui this summer on my honeymoon. Can't wait to go.

Reactions: KrazyKat
Ok, i get it. So this is the part where you tell me how Locals Rule and yuppie insects like me shouldn't be surfing your break, right?

If you're into surfing, then might enjoy Kuta more as that is the area to be in. Never knew anyone from NE corridor that was into surfing.

50 year storm, brah. You should hit Bell's Beach on your world tour.

"You can't just call time-out if you don't like how things are goin'"

Update bump.

- Have told family and friends about my plans.
- Turns out, a friend of a friend is already doing this with similar timeframe and may want to join me for some of it.
- Have interest from others to meet at certain spots.
- Have heard nearly 100% encouragement.
- And nearly had a panic attack at work this morning. Had a garbage can next to my computer chair in case i puked. A la Dicaprio in the Departed.

So i think this may go down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT