ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Hinkie as Sixers GM remembered

Let's play a game. Since Monta Ellis sucks and the process is awesome. Answer the following: Monta Ellis will score X more points in his NBA career than Joel Embiid will have points, rebounds and blocks combined?

Who has developed?
Who on their team is a difference maker?

Players have developed, but when it's a roster full of youth you don't necessarily see it because people only pay attention to the win column when it's this bad.

None of them are difference makers right now. Depending on your definition of difference maker, then I'm not sure any of them ever will be. Doesn't mean some can't have value. Maybe, develop and be part of something or be part something sent out that gets you something.

Only Noel & Okafor have played so far. They're young.,

Players have developed, but when it's a roster full of youth you don't necessarily see it because people only pay attention to the win column when it's this bad.

None of them are difference makers right now. Depending on your definition of difference maker, then I'm not sure any of them ever will be. Doesn't mean some can't have value. Maybe, develop and be part of something or be part something sent out that gets you something.

Only Noel & Okafor have played so far. They're young.,
Specifically name the players that have developed and what role you see for them on a contending team?

Reactions: NickleDimer
Let's play a game. Since Monta Ellis sucks and the process is awesome. Answer the following: Monta Ellis will score X more points in his NBA career than Joel Embiid will have points, rebounds and blocks combined?

It's a stupid game. You sound like a child. Clearly this conversation is over your head.

On the surface Ellis is a good player, or has at least been a productive player in this league. He hasn't sucked. Good bet for a playoff type team who can use some perimeter scoring.

I'm using him as an example of the type of FA a losing team signs, and he coupled with someone else like him, propels losing team to 35 wins. The ceiling is met and space is eaten up for a few years. I don't want this.

I want FAs or trades to be for players that can grow with everyone else.

Beat it. You answer my questions first.
Burrs, I can't argue with you anymore. Never change you 4 x 4 homer. One day they are going to make a movie or TV show about guys like you.

when you resort to 1969 draft picks, I think you've lost. I'm good here. Burrs realizes he's lost, now he's just throwing punches.

Burrs, I can't argue with you anymore. Never change you 4 x 4 homer. One day they are going to make a movie or TV show about guys like you.

Not sure what your talking about. I have admitted that it wasn't flawless. Then again, in league like the NBA, not many plans are flawless.

when you resort to 1969 draft picks, I think you've lost. I'm good here. Burrs realizes he's lost, now he's just throwing punches.

I didn't refer to 1969 once. You did. I referred to the the Lakers winning titles in the 1980's (5 I think) with a generational talent/s, which included Jabbar.

I simply started my research at 1980. Seemed like a nice place to start.

No difference makers. None likely on the way. And free agents only want to sign with good teams. The only solution is endless tanking.

Stop watching, listening, caring, reading, supporting, or whatever you do. No one is forcing you to pay attention. Not sure what else to tell you.

Warriors are putting on a clinic. Burrs, I love the NBA game. #process.

Burrs - my thought is the opposite - Hinkie didn't have a gun to ownership's head, ownership had a gun to his. Go be the face of the tank we use to grab cash and watch our equity skyrocket while you talk process and take the heat. I think Gdog mentioned (or you) that agents were pissed he was sitting on all the cap space and unwilling to spend go even get to the floor. He could have tossed a few bucks around and still accomplished his same goal while adding some window dressing. He didnt. That's most likely not his own directive - its from above. And it's a totally disgraceful way to treat a fan base.

Now, the Knicks were poorly run and any team not 'this close' to the championship has no business trading their first in a cap league. Just absolutely no business. But the Knicks made an effort to be good - and they actually tried. They suck and they failed - but in my mind it beats this Sixers nonsense. They have at least one cornerstone player now, and if they weren't such idiots they would be drafting top 10 again, but they dint tank. Tanking is a total black eye for the league and this franchise. Even when they get better, And lets face it, there is nowhere to go but up) i believe they will carry this around for awhile. I am sure many will disagree with that, but it's true.

But given the directive, I think Hinkie delivered better than expected. These owners should be effin stripped of their team however. What they did was far worse than anything Donald Sterling ever did.

Dmil, I hear ya, but I'm not really worried about "disgracing" the league when the league allows for this type of stuff to happen. They played by the rules in a league where it's extremely difficult to get really good. But again, I hear what you're saying and I don't think it's unreasonable.

really why? Sterling put money into his team - and was a racists behind closed doors. The Sixers owners just Sandusky'd a fan base for 3 years. Deplorable

Didn't the Clippers suck forever? Didn't he but them when they were still in San Diego, like late 70's? Weren't they chosen as worst professional franchise in sports? Also, I think he was voted as worst owner in sports for decades.

You think that's more offensive than asking your fan base to hand over hard earn dollars while you openly try to suck and shove money in your own pocket? Not even attempting to reach the FLOOR?

I mean c'mon - it's sports - at least act like you care about the fans. Even the Wilpons could do that.

Fascinating turn this thread took. Now debating where the sixers stand historically in terms of shitiness.

You think that's more offensive than asking your fan base to hand over hard earn dollars while you openly try to suck and shove money in your own pocket? Not even attempting to reach the FLOOR?

I mean c'mon - it's sports - at least act like you care about the fans. Even the Wilpons could do that.
The 6ers are the only business that charges more for a product than it's worth.

The 6ers are the only business that charges more for a product than it's worth.

Not at all my point. And that comes from someone who has waffled between believing them to be a total disgrace and giving them credit for openly not trying and parading ole Sacrificial Sam out to do their bidding.

The broad damage? They haven't done anything since 2001.

Again, if you can't draw FAs because you don't have money or any talent in place, then what you have to do is simple. Clear space (Hinkie check), draft talented young guys (Hinkie check), and collect assets (Hinkie check).

Yea, yea, yea I know they don't have any talent according to you. But that's because you like to write off 20-21 year old kids who don't step on the court and dominate from the get-go (realistic outlook). Yawn.
I thought you were playing a role. Yikes

That Heat pick last year was one game away from being 11th (and therefore the Sixers') and possibly netting a guy like Devin Booker who appears to have Klay Thompson potential. This year it will be in the 20s and net jack shit. Them's the breaks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT