ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers Draft/Trade Rumors

How to rank the horribleness of these three picks by the Sixers:

Okafor
Evan Turner
Embiid

none of them felt good when made. I feel good with Simmons tonight, as I did with AI in '96.

Child please. Too soon to tell? A blind man can see it. Every data points says it for you. Use data.

Dude, I get your point. I agree with a lot of it. I'm just at the awful/terrible stage that you are. With that said, the reasons you talk about are why I want him moved first or before anyone else. Data can change, too. Players can improve. It's really not fair to define a 19/20 year old 6'11" kid after 53 games. That's all I'm saying. You're acting like I'm over here calling JO a future HOF'er. Relax, chill, bro......

Burrs, I edited the post before you could respond. It's even juicier now. Enjoy. It's too fun watching you try and hedge, cover your tracks and failure to admit you didn't get the Okafor thing.

Reactions: tomjackleman
How to rank the horribleness of these three picks by the Sixers:

Okafor
Evan Turner
Embiid
Noel
none of them felt good when made. I feel good with Simmons tonight, as I did with AI in '96.

Fixed

Burrs, I edited the post before you could respond. It's even juicier now. Enjoy. It's too fun watching you try and hedge, cover your tracks and failure to admit you didn't get the Okafor thing.

Get what? I have said since they drafted the guy that he would eventually be traded. I've sId for some time now he's the guy I want to go. These are facts! I just don't believe he's hopeless and sucks like you. How many times do I have to tell you that I hear what you're saying? Do you only paying attention to stuff that enhances your agenda? I know I smoked you on Hameks and Dedmind, but cmon, don't hold a grudge.

Hamels, after they ate 32 million,....you nailed it.

So apparently Thon Maker is really 22-23 yrs not. Not 19. That sure as hell puts a dent in his stock.

They ate 32 million, didn't get any of the Rangers top 4 players or a top 50 prospect in return. Yea, they really crushed that trade without eating cash. Go check keith laws rankings. You'll see 4 rangers in the top 50 and no one the Phillie's got all while eating the 32 million from Harrison. Data.

At the time of the trade they got 3 of their top 5 prospects. Gallo was in the majors at the time. By all accounts it was viewed as a significant and good haul. You were spanked in that discussion. This is a hoops thread. Let's move on.

noel guards ballscreens and he guards the rim, and his steal & block #s in his first two nba seasons are pretty much unprecedented except for hakeem

he's also younger than kris dunn, and at a position where defense is more important than offense

dunn can't shoot and turns the ball over a ton at a position where offense is more important than defense. and the sixers are taking simmons, who is a point 4, and who should be surrounded with perimeter players who make open shots, and a caretaker-type nominal 1 to do non-tony wroten things like make simple passes

if they trade noel for kris f--king dunn, i don't want to hear burrs' wait and see bullshit. it's a f--king travesty and a clear signal that colangelo isn't just a rat bastard planted by the league--he's also f--king incompetent

for f--k's sake

Reactions: CWertz
poeltl is good

i like ellenson better than dunn

I also like Poeltl, will be a steal for someone if he goes as late in the lottery as people are projecting. I think his size can still work in the NBA.

How did Ellensen test athletically at the combine?

noel guards ballscreens and he guards the rim, and his steal & block #s in his first two nba seasons are pretty much unprecedented except for hakeem

he's also younger than kris dunn, and at a position where defense is more important than offense

dunn can't shoot and turns the ball over a ton at a position where offense is more important than defense. and the sixers are taking simmons, who is a point 4, and who should be surrounded with perimeter players who make open shots, and a caretaker-type nominal 1 to do non-tony wroten things like make simple passes

if they trade noel for kris f--king dunn, i don't want to hear burrs' wait and see bullshit. it's a f--king travesty and a clear signal that colangelo isn't just a rat bastard planted by the league--he's also f--king incompetent

for f--k's sake
I am no fan of Noel because I think his defensive stats are a bit hollow but the love for Dunn is odd to me.

The love for Dunn exists because he has the most upside of any of the point guards in this draft, and he's probably a plus NBA defender right now. He's no lock though at that spot. You have to be willing to believe he could improve his shooting with focus, and his decision-making when surrounded by better players. Much safer pick than Evan Turner was though.

The turnovers piece bothers me the least with him. I think he forced things because he had to, playing with only a couple other decent players last year.

I could totally understand thinking there's better value with a guy like D. Jackson or Bembry and trying to nab one of them instead, but if I was the Sixers at 3, could see taking Dunn. Did not see enough of Murray to say whether he'd be the better pick for them. Need a guard.

sixers were the 12th best defense in the league in noel's rookie year, wertzie. he probably should have been ROY

the sixers were awful defensively last year. gee i wonder what could explain that?

picking okafor is a f--king nightmare that keeps getting worse. he got an interesting gm fired and replaced with an absolute hack, and now he's going to get their best actual player traded

what a f--king disaster this is shaping up to be, when it should be a good night for them

Saying Okafor got Hinkie fired is pretty backwards. Hinkie did it to himself. Took the Duke brand name (crap in NBA) over a Euro who was gently telling the Sixers to f--- off. Maybe Hinkie could've manned up if he didn't have the master stroke a couple years earlier taking the guy who announced and signed a week before the draft to chill out in Turkey for at least two more years, maybe more, rather than play at the sport's highest level. So Hinkie was scared to make the sort of bold move he wanted people to think he stood for.

Definitely do not like Dunn enough to move Noel for him.

for f--k's sake

There are like 5-6 players in the league that you like. Any move made has a 95% chance of being ripped to shreds by you. I get it.

With that said, I don't want them to trade Noel.

Not going to dissect and piss and moan about potential deals. Waste of time. When/if they happen, then I'll discuss and offer an opinion.

Also, if Simmons and possibly Embiid are the real sh*t then what they do with Okafor/Noel won't matter.

oh right. it's so negative and irrational of me to not want to trade noel for kris dunn

okafor is a shit player who is a terrible fit with simmons (and dunn, for that matter)

there is also no way he can play with embiid

f--king trade okafor. tonight

Reactions: tomjackleman
Would like to see Okafor moved but it's hilarious that a factor should be that he can't play with Embiid. Okafor almost certainly wouldn't have been taken if Embiid could have gotten on the court. Now we're assuming Embiid can play and be a part of the future? Have we seen this movie before? If you dump Okafor for a paltry return, you are, right, throwing away your option on Okafor after seeing him for a year? Would you trade him for a 2nd round pick?

Break it down this way, would you trade Okafor straight up for a pick in any of the following ranges:

3-5 (I'd say definitely yes, even though some a week or so ago were saying you could do better)
6-10 (still make the trade, some decent depth in this draft in this range)
11-15 or 16-20 (if you really like one of the lower ranked point guards (Jackson, Bembry) that may well be gone by 23, could see doing it, otherwise, wait, see what you have in Embiid for real).

21-30 or worse (I'd keep Okafor, can definitely do better by waiting)

i'd throw saric in just to get rid of okafor, and take a made-up foreigner picked in the second round and never seen again in return

it's better than getting rid of noel to keep him

he's f--king poison

i'd throw saric in just to get rid of okafor, and take a made-up foreigner picked in the second round and never seen again in return

it's better than getting rid of noel to keep him

he's f--king poison

So you'd trade Okafor and Saric for a 2nd rounder?

I'd say wait on both. Did not like the Saric pick either but can do better than that. Season doesn't even start for months, no one will be poisoned.

So you'd trade Okafor and Saric for a 2nd rounder?

I'd say wait on both. Did not like the Saric pick either but can do better than that. Season doesn't even start for months, no one will be poisoned.
16 months* per some.

oh right. it's so negative and irrational of me to not want to trade noel for kris dunn

okafor is a shit player who is a terrible fit with simmons (and dunn, for that matter)

there is also no way he can play with embiid

f--king trade okafor. tonight

No, I didn't say it was irrational or negative. I'm just saying it's not worth getting worked up unless a deal actually happens.

I agree. I want them to trade Okafor. I prefer it happens tonight or in the near future.

noel, covington, and 24 for kris dunn

if that's true, ainge played the shit out of colangelo. good lord

rose doesn't like that deal for boston. what a dope

well, that noel offer was made up, i guess. and the bulls didn't want to give up butler

bender's boston workout was bad, they say. this is probably the right pick for them

well, that noel offer was made up, i guess. and the bulls didn't want to give up butler

bender's boston workout was bad, they say. this is probably the right pick for them
They supposedly had a scout at Providence every week during the season watching Dunn. Seems strange to take Brown when they could've potentially landed a star for Dunn. I guess the packages weren't there.

dunn is about the same age as smart, and a pretty similar player

maybe the sixers don't even like dunn all that much

twolves should try to get noel for dunn imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT