ADVERTISEMENT

Taking Questions - The Poster Formerly Known as TMJ

What type f material is your mont blanc?

I have a couple mont blancs and they tend to be a light plastic. I think it is the snowflake on top that gives them value, as the pen itself is only okay. I tend to prefer my collection of waterman pens for pure quality.

No idea. It was a gift. Think it cost like 250?

Do you specialize in trading a particular type of product or stock, or do you consider yourself a master of the entire market.

How much of trading is luck compared to skill?

If the market is on an upswing, will bad traders still be successful just by virtue of a rising tide lifting all boats type situation?

What separates a good trader from a bad trader?

Toughest part about being a trader?

List some things that you would never spend money on but are pumped when you are given them.

O/U/P:
sailing
NASA
reuben sandwiches
halloween parties
nice pens
hugs

Nice pens?
Nice dinners. I get to go to the best restaurants with my job (or did).

P
U
O gross
O Halloween sucks.
P
U. I'm a big hugger. When I see my old college friends I always give them a big hug.

What exactly does a trader do? Do you just sit in a room and trade stocks like an old person in their basement? I am completely clueless when it comes to finance. I thought computers did all that shit now.

What exactly does a trader do? Do you just sit in a room and trade stocks like an old person in their basement? I am completely clueless when it comes to finance. I thought computers did all that shit now.

Some places use all algos. You do more than trade stocks, although that is part of it. You buy and sell everything. Fx, loans, credit, commodities based on a variety of factors.

I cracked another beer now that the day is winding down. Goose island four star Pilsner.

Some places use all algos. You do more than trade stocks, although that is part of it. You buy and sell everything. Fx, loans, credit, commodities based on a variety of factors.
So you just buy and sell stuff all day? It boggles my mind that human beings are used to call tops and bottoms.

I asked these questions on page 3 but don't think it got answered, trying again.

Top three concerts you've seen in your life.

Best place to watch a Blackhawks game in NYC?

So you just buy and sell stuff all day? It boggles my mind that human beings are used to call tops and bottoms.

Why?

You're reacting to news, ideas, flows, etc. I'll use algos to execute something, but I can make that decision.

I do think the direction is moving more to computers for execution, but you have to make that call. Some algos suck and get destroyed by other algos. There's ways to trick the algos too. That's always fun.

I asked these questions on page 3 but don't think it got answered, trying again.

Top three concerts you've seen in your life.

Best place to watch a Blackhawks game in NYC?
Sorry!

I'm not a huge concert guy. My favorites are probably the Killers and Bruce. I haven't been to one in a while.

Best Hawks bar is trionas on third. Hands down.

Cool. Have been to the one on Sullivan. Will have to hit the one on 3rd for a game.

Both Bruce and Killers are great live. Killers closed Lollapalooza in Chicago a few years ago, great set.

Sorry!

I'm not a huge concert guy. My favorites are probably the Killers and Bruce. I haven't been to one in a while.

Best Hawks bar is trionas on third. Hands down.
I know you're the music guy, and that answer probably disappoints you, but it's just not my bag. I went to that opening Jay Z concert at the Barclays and it sucked.

Cool. Have been to the one on Sullivan. Will have to hit the one on 3rd for a game.

Both Bruce and Killers are great live. Killers closed Lollapalooza in Chicago a few years ago, great set.

Yeah, Killers are great live. Not the most technically talented band, but a fun time live

Trionas on third has decent bar food, is much much cleaner, and Triona is usually there. I'll be there for this run as long as it goes.

No. For a while it was just you and me talking. I've enjoyed it though. TQ is a gr8 idea. More boards should do it. I would love to see some Joeys posters do it b

And thanks to the moderators for letting stuff like this go on. A lot of boards would axe it.

I know you're the music guy, and that answer probably disappoints you, but it's just not my bag. I went to that opening Jay Z concert at the Barclays and it sucked.

Not disappointing at all, just something I like asking people. It's not for everyone. Solid work on this TQ, good stuff.

Automobiles. I can't change a tire, but I wish I knew how those things worked.
Not really a lot to learn here. Engine makes it go, brakes make it stop. Steering rack turns it, suspension helps you not rattle to death. Transmission changes the gears for you.

What is your dream job? I assume it's not a wall street trader dick.

Do you wear corrective lenses of any sort?

Who was the best president of your lifetime?

Are you friends with any liberal artists?

Where did the DMill jail thing come from?

At what age is a raped boy no longer a "young boy"?

Not really a lot to learn here. Engine makes it go, brakes make it stop. Steering rack turns it, suspension helps you not rattle to death. Transmission changes the gears for you.

What is your dream job? I assume it's not a wall street trader dick.

Do you wear corrective lenses of any sort?

Who was the best president of your lifetime?

Are you friends with any liberal artists?

Where did the DMill jail thing come from?

At what age is a raped boy no longer a "young boy"?
Trader was my dream job. Going forward I think I'd like to start my own company. But I need an idea first.

Perfect vision, no glasses.

Clinton I guess? In my memory I've only remembered really Clinton GWB and Obama. I'll chose BC over those other two. I think Obama has done a great job though.

My siblings all were actual liberal arts majors, but they are sane. None of my close friends are overly political.

No idea what the DMIL jail thing is. Never heard of it?

At 13 the boi can give consent is what I learned yesterday, at least if you're in happy valley.

Would you rather suck a dick, or take one in the ass?

(You cant punk out like obriend and say neither.)

Im at the bookstore right now and just walked past "the curious incident of the dog in the night time." Why should i buy this book?

Im at the bookstore right now and just walked past "the curious incident of the dog in the night time." Why should i buy this book?
Because it's original. It's not like most books you'll read. It's probably not for everyone but it was completely different than almost anything I've read. I was captivated.

Where did the whole TMJ/TickleMeJake/JakeRogaine/TomJackleman thing come from? There's a definite theme in there.

I think I was drunk. There's no theme there, it was just a ridiculous, unconnected thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT