ADVERTISEMENT

B. Harper???

No way he'd sign in a second rate city like Philly. Washington, Bronx or LA. Personally, I'd go to LA.

No way he'd sign in a second rate city like Philly. Washington, Bronx or LA. Personally, I'd go to LA.

It would be your worst nightmare. Anyway, if that's the case then take The Nats off the list.

LA (NL) is not a good hitters park. Maybe Anaheim is better but can't see him going LeBron on us and signing with Trout's team. If Bryce comes to Philly, he can rewrite the record book in CBP in front of a packed house every night, on a team developing a positive vibe, lots of young talent, like what the Nats could have been a few years ago. At least a 25% chance he ends up in Philly.

LA (NL) is not a good hitters park. Maybe Anaheim is better but can't see him going LeBron on us and signing with Trout's team. If Bryce comes to Philly, he can rewrite the record book in CBP in front of a packed house every night, on a team developing a positive vibe, lots of young talent, like what the Nats could have been a few years ago. At least a 25% chance he ends up in Philly.

Without reading who this post is from, at least 90% of benchwarmers would assume it was matty17

It would be your worst nightmare. Anyway, if that's the case then take The Nats off the list.
I would put the odds at zero he would choose to play in Philly. I actually think the Nats might resign him. If not, it's been awesome to see him play everyday. We've got more 3 seasons before we have to worry about it.

I would put the odds at zero he would choose to play in Philly. I actually think the Nats might resign him. If not, it's been awesome to see him play everyday. We've got more 3 seasons before we have to worry about it.

Unless the Nats fortunes dim a bit, don't want to pay/the wallet card develops too many zeroes and Lerner/Rizzo decide they need to unload him for some return in advance. Could be a year and change.

Yea, but your odds are meaningless. I wonder if the Nats will win a playoff series before that decision comes. It should be interesting.

Not really worried about the Phillies having a 0% or 100% chance at signing him or any other specific player. I just know at that time they'll be ready to pounce with a top 5 in the league wallet and what should be plenty of young players to build around.

Doesn't state income tax rate in CA impact decisions? it tops out at something insane like 13%.

True on CA. Can't see him wanting to go to play for the Marlins. Texas on the other hand, who knows, they have spent big before.

Yea, but your odds are meaningless. I wonder if the Nats will win a playoff series before that decision comes. It should be interesting.

Not really worried about the Phillies having a 0% or 100% chance at signing him or any other specific player. I just know at that time they'll be ready to pounce with a top 5 in the league wallet and what should be plenty of young players to build around.
I agree. The Phillies are awesome and I'm sure every big league player dreams of playing in Philly. And yes, everyone's odds here are meaningless. However, the author got some clicks for his story.

I agree. The Phillies are awesome and I'm sure every big league player dreams of playing in Philly. And yes, everyone's odds here are meaningless. However, the author got some clicks for his story.

Nah, no one said the Phillies are awesome and I doubt everyone wants to play here. But to totally dismiss because it's a "second-rate" city is yawn-worthy. Last time I checked there are only 30 cities and Philly is much closer to one than they are 30. Oh yea, the cash won't be a problem.

Remember when CoPers were calling him a bust? Feels like yesterday.

Personally, I never called him a bust. I just didn't call him Mickey Mantle. Dude has always been very good to great.

Remember when you called Mike Trout fat?

Personally, I never called him a bust. I just didn't call him Mickey Mantle. Dude has always been very good to great.

Remember when you called Mike Trout fat?

I called Trout fat when he was fat, and showed up in camp 15 lbs overweight. I thought the busts comments were funny then, as were the comparisons to Dominic Brown, which were also made here.

I called Trout fat when he was fat, and showed up in camp 15 lbs overweight. I thought the busts comments were funny then, as were the comparisons to Dominic Brown, which were also made here.

Who the hell was comparing Brown to Trout? I want to ridicule that jackass.

Dmil called trout fat and I believe said he'd take Matt Harvey over him. What a dope.

Not at all what I said. I said for how the mets were building at that time, Harvey was the better fit. Get it right. And Trout WAS fat when i said it. Even HE said it. Weighed in at like 240 lbs.

Quotes at the time:

He lost to a guy who won the Triple Crown. I think he realizes steals and defense aren't as valued. Trout's got a competitive fire we like, but if he thinks he's got to hit more homers or drive in runs to get it, I'm not sure that helps the Angels. He's never going to win an RBI title leading off and maybe he's eaten his way out of it.

An AL executive had a different theory:

Long term, this isn't good. There's stories out there about him eating five and six hamburgers at lunch. There's been some concern about this even before he was drafted. A lot of times, we'll look at the family. I can remember one catcher who had a father who was a big guy, really obese, and we knocked him down because we were worried he'd have to fight the weight. He's fought that battle well, but we've seen it go the other way.

So, it's not like i was wrong. Sometimes it just bees dat way.

The Trout being fat reports were grossly exaggerated and Dmil bought into them. A player reporting to spring training 10-15 lbs heavier from prior season doesn't constitute, sound the alarms, he's fat campaign. Especially with a 9% body fat index at the same time. A writer looking for story tosses in a few cheeseburgers to add to the fluff. Some people bought it for reasons only they know. Yawn. The guy has been an AS and a top two MVP finisher in all four of his full seasons. Nothing to see here.

The phillies will be good again in 2-3 years. 1-2 of their pitchers will turn out to be good, they have absolutely no money committed long term. They should've hit the reset button 5 years ago, but they seem to be heading in the right direction.

A Trout/Harper 3-4 in the lineup would be devastating.

So now the Phillie's will have trout and harper? So trout is going to request a trade and harper will sign in philly. Maybe the fans will return?

The Trout being fat reports were grossly exaggerated and Dmil bought into them. A player reporting to spring training 10-15 lbs heavier from prior season doesn't constitute, sound the alarms, he's fat campaign. Especially with a 9% body fat index at the same time. A writer looking for story tosses in a few cheeseburgers to add to the fluff. Some people bought it for reasons only they know. Yawn. The guy has been an AS and a top two MVP finisher in all four of his full seasons. Nothing to see here.

How so? He showed up at 240 - that's the same weight at Cabrera and Cabrera has a few inches on him. GMs were discussing this. He lost the weight, but let's not act like he meant to do it, like Harper did a few years back.

Harvey has indeed been pretty average this year. My bad for not assuming TJ surgery was in his future. Of course, they did go to the Series with him pitching well, and Trout hit under .100 in his only playoff appearance.

Funny, the same people who told us for 3 years Dom Brown was as 'can't miss' as you can get now say they knew Trout had no chance of being a one year wonder. Classic. Everyone's a genius.

So now the Phillie's will have trout and harper? So trout is going to request a trade and harper will sign in philly. Maybe the fans will return?

I was implying he would entertain LAA. 0% chance Trout goes to the CoP. Though I can hear it now, "Trout always wanted to be a philly!!! He's a hometown kid"

I look forward to a few years from now when the above thought gets regurgitated on here as something that CoP fans (On here) believed, even though a non-Phillies fan, a believe a Miller, probably a Mets fan, posted it. Yea, I do look forward to it.

Reactions: lowry99
How so? He showed up at 240 - that's the same weight at Cabrera and Cabrera has a few inches on him. GMs were discussing this. He lost the weight, but let's not act like he meant to do it, like Harper did a few years back.

Harvey has indeed been pretty average this year. My bad for not assuming TJ surgery was in his future. Of course, they did go to the Series with him pitching well, and Trout hit under .100 in his only playoff appearance.

Funny, the same people who told us for 3 years Dom Brown was as 'can't miss' as you can get now say they knew Trout had no chance of being a one year wonder. Classic. Everyone's a genius.

There is not one person in this thread that stated that Dom Brown was a can't miss prospect, but you can continue to run with this. Unless, Arak did it, but I don't recall.

It was obvious that Mike Trout was special from the get-go and he and Dom Brown should never be in the same sentence. Again, outcast the dude saying this stuff so he can be ridiculed by the BWs community.

I look forward to a few years from now when the above thought gets regurgitated on here as something that CoP fans (On here) believed, even though a non-Phillies fan, a believe a Miller, probably a Mets fan, posted it. Yea, I do look forward to it.
So per the original post you made starting this thread just harper.

The only people who touted Brown ahead of Harper or Trout was baseball itself when brown was listed as the #1 prospect in 2009-2010 which were also the years Trout and Harper were just drafted.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT