ADVERTISEMENT

B. Harper???

Grown men incapable of admitting they were wrong on a message board, Cabdiotti indeed

Grown men incapable of admitting they were wrong on a message board, Cabdiotti indeed

I agree. The one or two posters who called Harper a bust to flame ADP really should come forward. I mean zero chance any sane poster would write off an obvious talent at age 21.

Matty17 did, thoughts?

Matty gave an opinion on something. I guess you could say he managed Fans of Bryce Harper expectations.

Personally, if he called him a bust at age 21, not sure he did for I don't remember, then I disagree with that completely. Remember, I've always been a too-soon-to-tell guy.

I don't recall arak or Matty calling him a bust, but maybe it happened? He had a very good rookie year so I'm not sure where anyone would have any basis to call him a bust. It's not like he hit .187 with 1 HR in an October call up.

7_29_91_205x273.jpg

I don't recall arak or Matty calling him a bust, but maybe it happened? He had a very good rookie year so I'm not sure where anyone would have any basis to call him a bust. It's not like he hit .187 with 1 HR in an October call up.

THIS.
I never called him a bust. He is way to talented for that. I simply said that Mike Trout has been the best overall player in baseball since 2012 not Harper. Someone on this board mentioned Mickey Mantle when talking about Harper which I felt was a bit ridiculous. He is having another very good season although his batting average is down 60+ points. Let's not anoint the guy the greatest player of his generation just yet.

The revisionist history again. The comparison made was to note the historical numbers of Harper at his age and Mantle. Reason being, they were both 19 when they began their careers. Harper had better numbers that year. However, let's not have facts get in the way of the narrative we want to create.

In the absence of threads from 3 years ago, the revisionist claim is laughable. Anyone can accuse someone of saying anything without proof. Especially people like Dmil and ball who use this as their primary trolling weapon of choice.

THIS.
I never called him a bust. He is way to talented for that. I simply said that Mike Trout has been the best overall player in baseball since 2012 not Harper. Someone on this board mentioned Mickey Mantle when talking about Harper which I felt was a bit ridiculous. He is having another very good season although his batting average is down 60+ points. Let's not anoint the guy the greatest player of his generation just yet.
So you're saying he's trending towards Dave Kingman?

After 2014, I definitely ripped Harper on this board. I was wrong.

Many others ripped him as well, but good luck getting anyone to admit it.

Reactions: adp98
I ripped him under whatever name I had last year. Possibly Helen&HouseDicks or JoePaturnedABlindEye

After 2014, I definitely ripped Harper on this board. I was wrong.

Many others ripped him as well, but good luck getting anyone to admit it.

Did you call him a bust?

Being occasionally critical of Harper and calling him a bust aren't really close to being the same thing. I'm not sure there is a player in all of sports that is immune to some criticism from time to time. With that said, there has never been no denying his elite talent.

Tell the HNIC to reinstate it then.

I have no pull there - I was going back and forth unknowingly with two handles - didn't realize my phone was one and my laptop was this one. That is until eric banned Ninetynine5.0. for something. No clue what. (both handles were blacked form the PSU board. Apparently you can't say JoePa agrees with Sandusky.

How could he be the next Mantle when (allegedly) he doesn't drink?

#Clowns

Hey, I just checked and Mickey mantle jr is only batting .265. Maybe it really is too soon to tell?

He's in a massive slump. However, check the OPS number. 1.021. He's does OK.

Reactions: NickleDimer
OPS? I love you saber metric guys. Ryan Howard drives in RUNS. That's the only stat I care about.
Agree. OPS is a silly stat when looking at a guy's offensive production. Similar to how wins are the holy grail to determine a pitcher's value. If you are going to troll don't make yourself look like an idiot.

Agree. OPS is a silly stat when looking at a guy's offensive production. Similar to how wins are the holy grail to determine a pitcher's value. If you are going to troll don't make yourself look like an idiot.

And if you're going to miss blatant sarcasm and CoP heckles, don't make yourself look pompous jackass.

Yea, because Ryan Howard sucked for those seven years that he won ROY, the MVP, three other top 5 MVP finishes, and two other top 10 finishes in MVP. Yep, he really sucked. Yawn.

Lucas Duda is 30 and finished 22nd one year.

Hit the showers.

getting attacked by short memories and the epically oblivious . Can't beat it.

Burrs - major disappointment . Just go with CMWLDWS#.Com

getting attacked by short memories and the epically oblivious . Can't beat it.

Burrs - major disappointment . Just go with CMWLDWS#.Com

I have no clue what those letters stand for. Maybe, call the relatives, I rather see a no-hitter than a playoff series dot com?

I have no clue what those letters stand for. Maybe, call the relatives, I rather see a no-hitter than a playoff series dot com?

Must be a bit too much first communion drinking you crazy ole cop mainstay. How quickly we for get #callmewhenlucasdudawinssometing .cop

How can that be?? He has like 3 game winning RBIs this year!! What is this WAR?? Explain it to me.

How can that be?? He has like 3 game winning RBIs this year!! What is this WAR?? Explain it to me.

Clearly stated that he's a shell of former self, but in the meantime has been the difference in four wins thanks to big flys. Clearly, you missed the tongue-in-cheek poke at the WAR stat in that post.

Must be a bit too much first communion drinking you crazy ole cop mainstay. How quickly we for get #callmewhenlucasdudawinssometing .cop

Love the CoP mainstay bit like its a character flaw. Yawn. Especially coming from a North Jersey mainstay.

Ryan Howard's career >>> Lucas Duda

Now, go give your wife a break on Mother's Day since you pin the kids on her for weeks at a time in the summer.

CMWLDWAWSMVP&FITTST.com

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT