ADVERTISEMENT

Harvey = Strasburg???

Didn't the 2002 A's win more games with less talent? 2001 Mariners are right there too. Also, any Braves team from 1992-2005 that won 100+ games and shit the bed in round 1.

Phillies from 2009-2011 should be in the conversation just to fire up burrs and arak
I chose 2001 because that team had Giambi when he was the best hitter not named Bonds in the world.

Williams winning NL
Didn't the 2002 A's win more games with less talent? 2001 Mariners are right there too. Also, any Braves team from 1992-2005 that won 100+ games and shit the bed in round 1.

Phillies from 2009-2011 should be in the conversation just to fire up burrs and arak

But the Phillies made the playoffs in all of those seasons. Went to the WS once. Other than that they are just like these Nats. For four years now they have been praised to the high heavens. Twice don't even make the playoffs. And fail to win a series in the other two. Yawn. Bunch of losers.

Your posts are non-sensical. You call rizzo a fantasy gm in one breath and call for him to fire his manager two weeks into the season in your next. Daniel Snyder over here. You are too smart for this many non-sensical posts in a row. I expect better from you. Shower time.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
Shower time does make me laugh. Definitely a noteworthy ADP feature.

In the showers I'm going to think about how I failed to grasp that a manager of the year award provides ironclad job security to a baseball manager for an entire season, and therefore ties the hands of management and absolves the front office from responsibility for the team's failures, regardless of expectations. I had never thought about that before. In fact I never even thought about the manager of the year award before, so it has been an enlightening day.

Maybe the manager of the year award just means more to Nationals fans. Hang the banner.

wcburrs87 just likes to go around telling everyone how bad their (non-CoP) team is. Time for a new schtick.

Only those that come on here and spam the board with irrational propaganda, while routinely taking shots at other teams and their fan bases. Those who were once full with enough bravado to fill an empty RFK stadium.

No Burrs, as a fan, it can wonderful to cheer on your team. However, as I stated to you many times, we didn't play the games so can't really take credit. You just enjoy the ride. Losing also sucks. As a fan, the Nats season was a disappointment. What else can I say, it sucked. However, that has no reflection on me so I don't see the need to say, "it's too early to tell" or try and spin in. When your team plays like crap, they play like crap. The Nats didn't have a good year. No spin required. Just like if they won the title I can't claim anything other than enjoyment from the run. It doesn't change anything other than the experience of that run. I think that's lost on some.
Despite what's been said, no one on this newsgroup actually plays the games.

Oh yea, Matt Williams winning the MOY was comical anyway. That dude has always sucked.

Let's not kid ourselves, I should not be accused of lacking bravato. The nats stunk this year and were still miles better than the dumpster fire we call the phillies. You guys are so beaten down all you have is to feel better because the one nat fan on here feels almost as badly about their team as you sad sacks. The guys who used to call abut line ups daily and now can't be bothered attending a game cannot talk.

Last edited:
Dude, get a grip. No one is beaten down. Remember, we're not playing 162. I'm still living off the fat of 07-11. When you actually see a title and playoff series wins this is possible. It's almost getting to the point that we'll see a Phillies' playoff series win before a Nats.

Ive seen more titles than you. Try your next talking point.

Why are MLB players taking Pap's side?

The Nats clubhouse is the real dumpster fire.

Heck, I've attended more Phillies World Series game as well.

One, how do you know this?
Two, who cares how many games one's been too? Does this prove something that I don't know ow about?

One, how do you know this?
Two, who cares how many games one's been too? Does this prove something that I don't know ow about?
I"m simply responding to that silly point you tried but failed to make. The Nats haven't won in their brief history. About 5 years of which I've been a fan. And? I've been to plenty of games where we team. Note, my favorite all time sporting event was 04 game 7 in Yankee Stadium. That night would only be topped by Nova winning it all and being there. Crazy, that happened on a night where my team didn't even win the world series. Probably had a lot to do with the letdown of 03, F;ing Grady Little and coming back from 3-0 vs. the Yanks. However, you get the point. Or maybe you don't because you insinuated somehow I've never experienced my team winning anything. I have, including being in the House. Good times. Find a new talking point. The Phillies are the worst team in baseball this season. Worry about them.

oreilly.gif

And when your routinely bringing up the Phillies and/or the fan base you worry about the Nats. The most disappointing team in baseball. Again.

And in your case the Red Sox are ancient history. You moved on from them. Remember? Someone spoke badly of the manager and you had enough? That one still cracks me up.

Anyway, we both know we're talking about the Nats here.

Oh yea, I don't worry about my sports teams. I take the good with the bad and enjoy them as much as possible.

Still can't believe that Pap actually choked Harper in the dugout and that his fellow big leaguers are siding with Pap. What a shitshow.

I've been to more Phillies and 76ers playoff games in the last 10 years than wcburrs. I am a better fan than him.
No, because you are from update New York; you weren't born in the CoP. Your fandom isn't as pure. There are rules, this isn't Nam.

No, because you are from update New York; you weren't born in the CoP. Your fandom isn't as pure. There are rules, this isn't Nam.

The rules are easy. If you move into a city and it looks like you are about to make your bones there, then you can follow and support those teams. You just can't let 6 years go by and wait for the can't miss prospects to show up.

Burrs, if I switch to being a Skins fan today I should get a statue in my honor. Note, this will never happen. Same for the Caps. Now when Durant comes home to DC and the Sixers aren't trying.....oh yea boy; you know what's coming.

Burrs, if I switch to being a Skins fan today I should get a statue in my honor. Note, this will never happen. Same for the Caps. Now when Durant comes home to DC and the Sixers aren't trying.....oh yea boy; you know what's coming.

Your Steelers fandom is completely legit. You grew up there. Even with living in DC you still have this option. Cap tip for getting it right at least once.

Burrs, I'm so glad you tell which teams it's legitimate for me to like. Can you come to my house and pick my suit for tomorrow? Caddy for me as well. Tell me which club, read the greens etc.(41 on the front today, the game is getting tight). We might be on to something here. You could be my suri.

Still can't believe that Pap actually choked Harper in the dugout and that his fellow big leaguers are siding with Pap. What a shitshow.

I went to the pirates-cards game last night. Matt Holiday hit a ground ball that went about 6 feet in front of the plate. He didn't even run 1/3rd of the way down the line. For some reason, Trevor Rosenthal didnt choke him when he got back to the dugout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT