ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Free Agency

there is no question that sam hinkie "miss me yet?" t-shirts should exist

harrison barnes! allen crabbe! matthew dellevedova! all the future contractual millstones you've ever dreamed of!

what's allen crabbe's ceiling? jodie meeks?

Reactions: NickleDimer
So you wouldn't want those guys as vet role players for what will be considered pennies on the dollar in a few years? Hypothetical - let's say Simmons is the real deal, ROY, averages 18-8-5 first year. Embid somehow stays healthy and is dominating as well, 16-8-2 in 25 minutes a game. Whoever stays between Jah and Nerlens continues to progress and does their part. Saric comes off the bench as a jack of all trades forward. Covington does what he does well and hits a ton of 3's. Whatever free agents they get help. They win 35 games. Would they be attractive to a guy like Westbrook? Or Durant if he takes a one year deal? Or even LeBron?

Even with signing guys to get them to the floor they will have so much space the following year, multiple draft picks, and roster flexibility. This was supposed to be and is the first offseason in which they'll start going after guys, albeit second tier. I have to assume the following year is when they become a potential destination for a big time free agent.

as far as i can tell, dellevedova is worse at basketball than tj mcconnell. barnes may be worse than covington

crabbe is going to get $15 mil plus per year. does nothing for me

rather they suck it up and extend noel--even 'to be a backup'--than blow similar money on these clowns

they don't improve you meaningfully. they 'improve' you back to the level that hinkie put the plunger down on maintaining

colangelo and his father are both scumbags

@sam_amick: With Lakers announcing Jordan Clarkson is now a restricted free agent, something to watch for: Philly possibly coming with an offer sheet.

@sam_amick: With Lakers announcing Jordan Clarkson is now a restricted free agent, something to watch for: Philly possibly coming with an offer sheet.

The Gilbert Arenas rule applies to him, so there's nothing to see here unless they work out a sign and trade or something.

as far as i can tell, dellevedova is worse at basketball than tj mcconnell. barnes may be worse than covington

crabbe is going to get $15 mil plus per year. does nothing for me

rather they suck it up and extend noel--even 'to be a backup'--than blow similar money on these clowns

they don't improve you meaningfully. they 'improve' you back to the level that hinkie put the plunger down on maintaining

colangelo and his father are both scumbags

I know you love hyperbole but to say Barnes is worse than Covington is just dumb. Covington cant actually put the ball on the floor, kind of an important part of basketball. I dont want Delly either. No way in hell I give him more than 2 yrs, if you wanna bring him in for something not horrible to teach a young team how to scrap and claw, eh fine, I get it wanting to have that influence on the roster, he's just not good at playing basketball but I understand wanting to build a culture with a guy like him until you get your real PG in next years draft.

Crabbe is a 6'6 knock down shooter who is improving. As far as salaries go, what seemed like alot last year or 2-3 yrs ago, wont seem like alot come next season when the cap skyrockets to 110M. If you think the contracts this year are retarded wait til you see next offseason.

barnes is only marginal putting it on the floor. covington is awful, and thus worse, but he's a better 3 point shooter and defender

The Gilbert Arenas rule applies to him, so there's nothing to see here unless they work out a sign and trade or something.

Yea, I don't think there's anything to see regardless. Amick suggested that they could backload the last 2 years and give LA something to think about.

Dion Waiters to SAC picking up steam. Man, that pick swap looks juicier and juicier with each passing report.

Reactions: obriend1
Went to a Wiz-Portland game with my boys....Crabbe can play. I would like that signing very much.

Reactions: tomjackleman
Looks like WAS will give Beal the max. Something like 5/133 (26.6 per). Thoughts? Always liked his game, but seems to get hurt a lot. 410 RS games over 5 years, how many will he play?

Looks like WAS will give Beal the max. Something like 5/133 (26.6 per). Thoughts? Always liked his game, but seems to get hurt a lot. 410 RS games over 5 years, how many will he play?

26 mill a year for a guy who helped lead them not to the playoffs in the east.

Bruh.

Reactions: kjbert
4 yrs 18 per for Noah. Knicks getting absolutely ROASTED on the Freddie Coleman show.

Whiteside to Mavs Possibly.

4 yrs 18 per for Noah. Knicks getting absolutely ROASTED on the Freddie Coleman show.

Whiteside to Mavs. 130M, 5 yrs.

Can Whiteside get 5 years from someone outside of MIA? And his max is only 22-23 mil per.

Looks like 5/128 for Beal.

Kent Bazemore is seeking a 19/20 mil per year deal. Oh boy....

The Lakers called Timorhy Mozgov at 12:01. Ha

Mozgov is the perfect type of signing to catapult the Lakers to about 28 wins and roughly 5th in the draft. Perfect. Get it done.

Those Whiteside numbers were an erroneous tweet that ESPN radio apologized for announcing but it does sound like he's going to Dallas.

No Whiteside, Bosh probably done. Wade may as well leave. Unless playing out his twilight years just thinking about having to pay no state tax and live in SoFla is all that matters to him.

Those Whiteside numbers were an erroneous tweet that ESPN radio apologized for announcing but it does sound like he's going to Dallas.

Yea, it was a fake Stein account.

Mozgov looking at 4/65, dear lord...

Bazemore looking for $20 million per

averages like 6 and 3 for his career

what a world

Chandler Parsons will More than likely have max offers from POR, MEMP, and possible one or two other teams to decide from.,

NBA is like Monopoly money. Guys I've never heard of are signing for 50 million. Then the laundry list of mid level guys signing for max money.

If you sign a $20 mil/year contract this year it is the equivalent to about $15 mil last year. The following year, with the cap spiking even more, that $20 mil will look like $12-13 mil. Lets stop getting caught up in $ amounts.

Ish Smith 3/18 to DET.

Whiteside remains in MIA.

Batum 5/120 remains in CHAR.

Very difficult to pry a good to very good player off existing team.

Al Jefferson to IND 3/30.

Portland trying to couple Parsons and Dwight Howard. Interesting. I thought no FAs would go there.

Thats fine. Decent player, not crazy money. Ironically, MCW had lost his starting job to this kid. Good bridge to the PG they select next year.

OJ Mayo has been banned from the NBA for life. Cant imagine how many drug tests this moron has failed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT