ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

OK, so...+600 then. We will see if it happens. Hope it does now, I don't see them going any higher than 800-850 range.

Why can't Bradford come in, work hard, maybe play really well, lead the team to a division crown, win a game or two in the playoffs, and then have multiple options at the end of the year? Why?

I didn't mind the contract they gave him and the plan to have him prove himself in the short term before a longer deal came. i thought it was fair. However, since then things have changed, oh well....Bradford really shouldn't be bitching after cashing that 11 mil bonus check.
1) He has said he doesn't like Philadelphia.
2) As gdog says, they basically spit in his face.

Schefter was just on ESPN radio and said he doesn't think the Eagles trade Bradford for anything less than a 1st rounder to Den because of where Den picks. Said a 2 would be the bare minimum Eagles would consider. Just an FYI.

there is no chance on God's green Earth that John Elway would trade a 1st for Sam Bradford

that is never happening

1) He has said he doesn't like Philadelphia.
2) As gdog says, they basically spit in his face.

Oh well, sit out, get fined, and lose your bonus money. No skin off my back.

And who put the gun to his head to sign that contract? If he didn't like Philly then he could have left.

PS what shit-ass book has Denver at +900?

Even blowvada has them at +1400

Quick glance you can get +1600 at betonline.ag

The Eagles are in QB purgatory and stupidity occurs when you don't have that stability.

Teams that have won super bowls in the last 25 years with a QB they didn't draft, 2015 Broncos, 2010 Saints, 2003 Bucs, 2001 Ravens, 97 packers and 95 49ers. Its nearly impossible to find a decent QB in free agency or via trade.

Edit: 2000 Rams.

The Eagles are in QB purgatory and stupidity occurs when you don't have that stability.

Teams that have won super bowls in the last 25 years with a QB they didn't draft, 2015 Broncos, 2010 Saints, 2003 Bucs, 2001 Ravens, 97 packers and 95 49ers. Its nearly impossible to find a decent QB in free agency or via trade.

Edit: 2000 Rams.

Also worth noting that the 2015 Broncos, 2003 Bucs, 2001 Ravens were replacement level QBs, and Steve Young (USFL/Bucs) and Kurt Warner (undrafted/CFL) entered the league under unusual circumstances.

Deion interview with Goff and Wentz: "you guys do know you're both not going to a good situation - these teams are drafting 1, 2 for a reason, they're the worst teams in football".

Uh no Deion. They both traded up, from 13 and 15.

Absolutely repulsive "job" these former players do on NFL network.

I have no idea why the Eagles would want Sam Bradford anywhere near their new QB, or any of their other players for that matter. The guy has the attitude of a loser. Always hurt, never very good, has stolen money from two teams, and cries when there is a shred of competition for his job?

Get out of my room. Now.

Wake up Sam - this is pro sports. In your case at this point, you are competing for your position every down, because no one thinks you can stay healthy, and you aint that good when you are.

I don't want my young and possibly impressionable franchise QB anywhere near a guy like that. I'd rather have him learn on the job and set his own course, even if that meant a couple years of figuring it while looking ugly. If he's the real deal, I doubt it would even take that long. Hire a former QB who played with some stones to coach him and start this process now. Far better than letting him hang around a loser like Bradford.

(did I just say process?)

Well, they can always blame their poor performance or any other regular life problem on CTE. It's a catch-all excuse for anyone who ever set foot on a football field.
This is true but Deoin never actually hit anyone and was rarely hit himself.

Yes.

Public perception is Sanchez is a butt fumble bum and that Bradford is solid.

Had to comment on this: the public perception of Bradford is he's a former #1 pick who is always hurt, has been somewhat of a bust when he played and now looks like a crybaby. Bradford = solid? Not so much.

Had to comment on this: the public perception of Bradford is he's a former #1 pick who is always hurt, has been somewhat of a bust when he played and now looks like a crybaby. Bradford = solid? Not so much.
I would love to save these quotes in case Bradford gets traded. Boy the tide will turn on this one.

Let's wait for burrs to hedge this one.

If they believe this kid is a future franchise QB, which they actually do, then I'm ok with the move. The Eagles have been chasing a QB since McNabb left. They have picked in the top 5 like 2-3 times in the last 25 years. They saw an opportunity and took a chance. Is it risky? Yes. But what the hell can I do about it? I have no say.

Bradford's contract is heavy for one year. It's not like it's a 5-6 year deal.

I never met a bunch of people who just root for things to fail.

If they believe this kid is a future franchise QB, which they actually do, then I'm ok with the move. The Eagles have been chasing a QB since McNabb left. They have picked in the top 5 like 2-3 times in the last 25 years. They saw an opportunity and took a chance. Is it risky? Yes. But what the hell can I do about it? I have no say.

It's not that we root for things to fail, we are simply managing expectations/reality. Personally, Birds are my second favorite team and I root for them.

Oh, so this is what it feels like when someone tries to manage your expectations!?

Why would a winner like Elway want a loser like sam Bradford near his football team. I don't think he would take him for free at this point.

Sanchez went to 2 AFCCGs with a lesser defense than what Denver has right now. Sure, Bradford is a better player (when he's not on the sidelines with yet another torn labia), but he's mentally far worse. Right now Sanchez is in Denver asking for a shot to beat all comers. I'd take fewer physical skills and that attitude over Bradford - and i certainly wouldn't give up dick for Bradford in any event. Guy is worthless. Good for the Eagles going for it. Not saying I won't heckle them if Wentz doesn't pan out - i will - but even paying as much as they did for this kind of risk is better than going with Bradford. My guess is he never wears the uniform again. I think he'll end up being cut.

You'd have to a fool to take this guy if you are another GM.

Last edited:
Oh, so this is what it feels like when someone tries to manage your expectations!?

You mean like predicting Nova to the Final four the last three years?

Oh yea, Mr. Wade........There you go. I had nova to the F4 in 2014 & 2015, too. I was WRONG!

Why would a winner like Elway want a loser like sam Bradford near his football team. I don't think he would take him for free at this point.

Sanchez went to 2 AFCCGs with a lesser defense than what Denver has right now. Sure, Bradford is a better player (when he's not on the sidelines with yet another torn labia), but he's mentally far worse. Right now Sanchez is in Denver asking for a shot to beat all comers. I'd take fewer physical skills and that attitude over Bradford - and i certainly wouldn't give up dick for Bradford in any event. Guy is worthless. Good for the Eagles going for it. Not saying I won't heckle them if Wentz doesn't pan out - i will - but even paying as much as they did for this kind of risk is better than going with Bradford. My guess is he never wears the uniform again. I think he'll end up being cut.

You'd have to a fool to take this guy if you are another GM.

Let's save this one, too....

Bradford is definitely a solid bust, not at the Russell level but a bust for sure considering he was the 1st pick in the draft.

You mean like predicting Nova to the Final four the last three years?

Oh yea, Mr. Wade........There you go. I had nova to the F4 in 2014 & 2015, too. I was WRONG!

Let's be honest here - you picking Nova for the FF is a can't lose pick. If they actually make it, you called it. If the don't, you can say they underachieved, like you did last year. There is virtually no downside to this for you.

Ahh this little farce you play with that pick. You think that could fool a Corleone?

Burrs, don't hedge. Who will win the nba title and the Stanley cup?

Let's be honest here - you picking Nova for the FF is a can't lose pick. If they actually make it, you called it. If the don't, you can say they underachieved, like you did last year. There is virtually no downside to this for you.

Ahh this little farce you play with that pick. You think that could fool a Corleone?

Well, they did underachieve last year. Don't we all agree on that? And all I said was that it was disappointing. Plenty of other "real" Nova fans were far more critical.

And again, I always call things the way I see them. Why haven't you people figured that out yet?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT