ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

Yes and it goes against the Birds cap if they cut or trade him. Birds didn't really think this through when they went out and signed two QB's and then traded a ton of picks to draft another one. Should be a great lockerroom for their new head coach.

because the availability of moving up in the draft didn't really exist at the time of the Bradford signing. Still, if you believe in one of these kids, then you can't allow the Bradford signing to stand in the way. Not hard a decision if that's what you believe.

Yes it did. The Titans were always trading their pick (if anyone was desperate enough to come up for these QB's) because they had Marriota and this was viewed as a weak QB draft. Cleveland would have always listened given the haul they got for that pick. And they go out and sign Daniels for $7 million as well. They were playing checkers instead of chess.

Reactions: GaryMassey
how do you know the Titans were "always trading the pick?"

were you in on the meetings with the GM/owner/coach?

remember, you arent allowed to make this call either way unless you 100000% know everything. your own rules.

how do you know the Titans were "always trading the pick?"

were you in on the meetings with the GM/owner/coach?

remember, you arent allowed to make this call either way unless you 100000% know everything. your own rules.

I would agree with this - very few situations more fluid than something like this. But that being said, this is kind of a worst case scenario for the Eagles. It comes off as being pretty much a clusterf&%k of how to run things. Also, Bradford is kind of a dick for pulling this. I get where he's coming from but the guy who just stole like 75M from teams already might want to consider being a team guy here. Chances are solid he still starts next year.

Because these teams can get a massive haul for these picks. In these drafts where you don't have a surefire QB stud, the question isn't if teams want to trade back it's if they can convince teams to give up enough to come up. Is this the first draft you guys have followed? The Titans GM pulled off a heist as did the Browns. Good work by both.They probably can't believe they were able to get so much to come up in this draft.

Because these teams can get a massive haul for these picks. In these drafts where you don't have a surefire QB stud, the question isn't if teams want to trade back it's if they can convince teams to give up enough to come up. Is this the first draft you guys have followed? The Titans GM pulled off a heist as did the Browns. Good work by both.They probably can't believe they were able to get so much to come up in this draft.

What are your credentials that allow you to say there isn't a surefire QB stud in this draft? Where did your credibility come from?

Personally, I don't know either way. Just not sure how you do. Care to explain?

I'm repeating what the guys who get paid to do this say. It's accepted by the experts this is not a great draft for QB's. None of us really know, including those guys. However, you can absolutely rack and stack guys based on previous drafts. Is this really that difficult for you guys? Just because the Eagles look like a bunch of idiots at the moment doesn't mean you need to come after the draft experts and how they view this year's QB crop. Personally Goff never impressed me but I only saw a few of his games.

I'm repeating what the guys who get paid to do this say. It's accepted by the experts this is not a great draft for QB's. None of us really know, including those guys. However, you can absolutely rack and stack guys based on previous drafts.

There are plenty of guys who do this for a living who like these QBs, too.

True. No one knows. Stop saying shit like you think you do.

I get it you're playing percentages. Not a hard game to play.

Based on my own two eyes I like the kid Cook the most and I think Hackenberg stinks. No clue on Wentz as I have only seen the same tapes that have been in circulation. No one has a any clue how his game against FCS schools translates. Paxton Lynch? The system down there isn't something that translates to the NFL so who knows what happens there. if I had to take one it would be Cook and you could probably get in mid 2nd round, maybe lower. He's a winner. And my boy Kevin Hogan. He's going to go somewhere and be a 10 year pro as a backup. Great kid.

Sounds like you've broken down some film on these guys?
This weekend I had few buddies over and we all assumed nicknames. We ordered wings, drank big gulp sodas and ignored our families for an entire weekend. We each slept in a designated office and tried as best we could to mimic a film session. It was awesome. I got this sweet new Steelers visor and spoke in cliches the entire weekend. I'm ready for Thursday night.

This weekend I had few buddies over and we all assumed nicknames. We ordered wings, drank big gulp sodas and ignored our families for an entire weekend. We each slept in a designated office and tried as best we could to mimic a film session. Occasionally, we took turns running around the dining room table. It was awesome. I got this sweet new Steelers visor and spoke in cliches the entire weekend. I'm ready for Thursday night.

Fixed....

If Bradford holds out as reports say he might, that would be a dream scenariofor the Eagles, right? Get out of paying him this year, recoup the signing bonus, then trade him in the offseason. Start Daniel until they're ready to make the switch to Wentz.

Based on my own two eyes I like the kid Cook the most and I think Hackenberg stinks. No clue on Wentz as I have only seen the same tapes that have been in circulation. No one has a any clue how his game against FCS schools translates. Paxton Lynch? The system down there isn't something that translates to the NFL so who knows what happens there. if I had to take one it would be Cook and you could probably get in mid 2nd round, maybe lower. He's a winner. And my boy Kevin Hogan. He's going to go somewhere and be a 10 year pro as a backup. Great kid.

Cook was the player I saw the most of. I didn't like him. Yep, he looks the part and all, but there is something I don't like. Maybe, it was more about how MSU played offense. I'm not sure. I saw Goff a little. Racked up very good numbers, but sometimes the wildness to the P12 can lead to that. I was never a fan of Hackenberg. For being as highly touted as he was, I don't ever recall him really putting his team on his back. Again, the situation and style of play at PSU may have had something to do with this. He has physical skills. I saw Lynch a couple of times. I didn't like him either. That's the extent of what I saw. Not nearly enough to make a reasonable analysis on how any of them will be at the highest level.

Yes, NFL people get things wrong all of the time. That's never going to change. It's definitely a risk and maybe they gave up too much. But what I do agree with is that if you feel that a QB can be a franchise guy and you're in position to grab that player, then you should go ahead and do it. The Eagles have drafted in the top 5 like three times in 20-25 years. These opportunities don't come around that often. So, if you think it's the move then I support it.

I just can't believe the Eagles will go into the season with a 3rd string QB (Daniel) making 7M a year. That's beyond unheard of. Even if it's just for a season. Teams just don't do it. How do you find reps for these guys? They'd basically be telling Daniel to not even bother practicing? Making that kind of money? Daniel is the kind of a guy you sign to bridge by starting 4-6 games until the rookie is ready and then have him be your backup. If you hold Bradford into next season teams KNOW you're getting rid of him after next season. If you trade him today his value has to be higher since teams would have him under player control for 2 full seasons instead of one. Because of that you get more NOW. Obviously you're hitching the whole thing to Wentz so why not move Bradford today instead of tmrw when his value is likely more?

I just can't believe the Eagles will go into the season with a 3rd string QB (Daniel) making 7M a year. That's beyond unheard of. Even if it's just for a season. Teams just don't do it. How do you find reps for these guys? They'd basically be telling Daniel to not even bother practicing? Making that kind of money? Daniel is the kind of a guy you sign to bridge by starting 4-6 games until the rookie is ready and then have him be your backup. If you hold Bradford into next season teams KNOW you're getting rid of him after next season. If you trade him today his value has to be higher since teams would have him under player control for 2 full seasons instead of one. Because of that you get more NOW. Obviously you're hitching the whole thing to Wentz so why not move Bradford today instead of tmrw when his value is likely more?
Please put your 4 for 4 hat on and trust the process.

You need to find a team that has the cap space and willing to spend it on Sam Bradford and you have the fact the owner just handed him $11.5 million and that's all dead money against your cap. Maybe you can convince Denver given they would only have to pay him around $7 million (although I think he has another $5 mil in bonuses coming after this season). How much can you really get for Sam Bradford? Maybe a 5th or 6th round pick? Would someone actually give up a 4th?

Bradford isn't worth a 3rd round pick to Denver? They just won the Bowl with a QB throwing for 130 yards a game. Bradford would be a massive upgrade for them. He's an actual decent NFL QB who would have actual NFL WRs to throw to - backed by the best D in the league. They're the favorites to win another Bowl with Bradford. Currently they are not. That's well worth a 3rd round pick.

No, sam bradford is not worth a 3rd round pick. He's a marginal starter at best.

For a team like Denver marginal is all they need to repeat. They have nothing resembling marginal currently. A guy who completed 65% of his passes is at the very worst "marginal". What's a better option for Denver? Sanchez? A rookie? Child please. That team is built to win NOW.

And Denvers 3rd rounder is basically a 4. Their 4 is basically a 5.

Bradford isn't worth a 3rd round pick to Denver? They just won the Bowl with a QB throwing for 130 yards a game. Bradford would be a massive upgrade for them. He's an actual decent NFL QB who would have actual NFL WRs to throw to - backed by the best D in the league. They're the favorites to win another Bowl with Bradford. Currently they are not. That's well worth a 3rd round pick.
Maybe but his injury history would probably bring that down to a 4th or 5th round pick.

They should call the Jets as they are good for at least one bone-headed move per off-season. Elway isn't going to hand them a 3rd round pick.

Cool, Denver can roll with butt fumble and Connor Cook then. I'm sure that'll pay off.

Kevin Kolb was traded for a 2nd round pick and a starting CB (DRC). I would say that Bradford is more proven than Kolb was at the time he was moved.

Kolb made a hell of a lot less than Bradford did when he was traded IIRC

how many contending teams can take on Bradford's cap hit?

Elway can place as crappy a draft pick value as he chooses for Kaep and Bradford. Guy thinks he can win with any old asshole at QB if he chooses to do that. I bet he can't.

He just won with the a guy who could barely throw the ball 25 yards. So maybe he knows a thing or two.

Reports say the Broncos have inquired, but Eagles asking price to high. No need for the Eagles to flinch to soon. Let this marinate for awhile.

Reports say the Broncos have inquired, but Eagles asking price to high. No need for the Eagles to flinch to soon. Let this marinate for awhile.
Marinate = let the process play itself out

IMO, Denver is more desperate to find a capable QB to steer their ship in the middle of its peak than the Eagles are to move Bradford currently. Denver has everything but a capable QB. One can be had. Where else are they gonna find one if they can't get Kaepernick ?? I'd say they're plenty desperate to not ruin the peak of their franchise by not having even an average QB at the controls.

Is the difference between Sanchez and Bradford so great you can get John Elway to say uncle when he knows you have no leverage? Good luck.

Is the difference between Sanchez and Bradford so great you can get John Elway to say uncle when he knows you have no leverage? Good luck.

Who knows? But Bradford is clearly better.

The Eagles don't have to do anything if they don't want. However, to just give SB away after paying him a 11 mil bonus and because he got his snatch hurt doesn't make sense either. They will trade him but it will be for something reasonable on their minds. What that is? I'm not sure. The agent public with this because he knows there is at least one team that wants his client.

He went public because his guy wants iut. He could give a flying heck about the birds. By going public he knee-capped them. His guy is the one saying he won't play. You don't understand how leverage works. The birds have none. Their guy is the one making the demands not the other way around. They will have a mess in the lockeroom. Each day after the draft Bradford remains in philly making demands his value decreases. Remeber, teams will want to get their new QB in early and begin working out, learning the offense etc...same holds true here where the Eagles are putting in a new system with a new coach. Time is not on their side.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT