ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

Bradford is better than Sanchez, I agree

is he THAT much better that he is worth giving up a pick is the question

and for the record, I defended Bradford most of the time. But there is no chance Philly gets anything better than a late 4th IMO

Reactions: adp98
Denver needs only to be concerned about Denver and improving their own situation. It doesn't matter how good your D is if Mark Sanchez or a rookie is your QB.

If they're going to haggle over one middling draft pick to improve their super bowl chances that's their problem. Their window is short of keeping that D together. Guys like Ware are almost done.

Why wouldn't Elway call? He's going to offer them .50 cents on the dollar. Again, Bradford isn't very good, he's making a bunch of money, the Eagles have zero leverage because the player told them he wouldn't show up to workout and he's not playing for them. They need to get another team involved to have any shot of getting anything of value for the guy. Get the Jets on the horn.

Why wouldn't Elway call? He's going to offer them .50 cents on the dollar. Again, Bradford isn't very good, he's making a bunch of money, the Eagles have zero leverage because the player told them he wouldn't show up to workout and he's not playing for them. They need to get another team involved to have any shot of getting anything of value for the guy. Get the Jets on the horn.

Denver would owe him 7 million this year. With a team option for next year. That's not "a bunch of money" for a QB. They offered Osweiler 15M a year and he couldn't even keep his job over a guy throwing for 140 yards a game. Did you see the worm balls Peyton was throwing last year? He SUCKED. Bradford is a CLEAR upgrade. What other option does Elway have? Now that SF can't get Goff or Wentz he's not getting Kap from them. You act like Denver is in some sort of prosperous position. They're desperate for a QB upgrade. Any suggestions ??

Denver would owe him 7 million this year. With a team option for next year. That's not "a bunch of money" for a QB. They offered Osweiler 15M a year and he couldn't even keep his job over a guy throwing for 140 yards a game. Did you see the worm balls Peyton was throwing last year? He SUCKED. Bradford is a CLEAR upgrade. What other option does Elway have? Now that SF can't get Goff or Wentz he's not getting Kap from them. You act like Denver is in some sort of prosperous position. They're desperate for a QB upgrade. Any suggestions ??

My understanding is Denver would owe him $7 million plus the $4 million bonus. They are $7 million under the cap before signing their draft picks. So Bradford would need to waive the $4 million and Denver would still need to make a few moves. So unless you can convince Bradford to walk away from $4 million (again, undercutting the Eagles leverage) he's owed $11 million for any team that signs him. His deal was essentially a one year $22 million guarantee. $11 in signing bonus, $7 in salary and another $4 mil roster bonus at year end. All guaranteed. So that's number 1. Second, regardless of how many times you say it; Denver just won with a QB who couldn't even throw the ball 25 yards. Sam Bradford is not going to be their QB of the future so they aren't going to give up a lot for him.He's a one year stop gap. In addition, Bradford is not very good and he's brittle. I'm not here to expose the greatness of Mark Sanchez. However, he's not much worse than Bradford and he's already in the building costing them nothing. Elway was willing to let Ostweiller walk over money. He knows a thing or two about playing QB. I don't get the sense that coming off his Super Bowl win he's in much of panic to make a deal he doesn't believe demonstrates value. If you see how Denver has operated under Elway that's been their model. Similar to the Pats or Steelers. They assign a value to a guy and that's what they pay. Now maybe you are right and they are going to change what they do for the upgrade that is Sam Bradford. Personally, I think that is a remote possibility. Again, get the Jets involved. They love making bad decisions. Bradford isn't very good. The freaking Rams dumped him for crying out loud.

Reactions: NorCalVU10
Bradford would look like the Baby Jesus throwing to actual real NFL WRs for the first time in his career - backed by the best D in the league. He's not a top 5 QB but he's a mid pack QB who's never been on a team built to win, or even close to it, in his NFL career. A mid pack QB is a notable upgrade to the bottom 3 QB play Denver got last season. Denver is not even in the top 5 of super bowl odds currently. Because they don't have a QB. You may think he "isn't very good" but put him on Denver and watch what happens to their odds.

So your view is that Sam Bradford, despite the 6 seasons of evidence proving otherwise, is a good QB. Then why did the Eagles just give up 5 draft picks to sign his replacement? You seem to hold a minority view of the guy's ability.

Reactions: tomjackleman
If Sam Bradford was a qb that was as good as you say he is, we wouldn't be discussing the Eagles trying to trade him. There's a long history to show otherwise.

There's a difference between needing a QB to be a centerpiece of a team that needs to be rebuilt, compared to a team with a championship defense that is already ready to win. If you need a QB to Brady or Cam you to a title - Bradford ain't your guy. If you need a steady QB just to steer the ship and not crash it into an iceberg, he can definitely be your guy. Espeically when a comparable option doesn't exist for you.

You think Elways is just Bradford for leverage to get Kap?

Man, if only Denver had a QB who could manage a game well enough in front of a top level defense. Unfortunately, there's no one out there who's done that and gone to two AFC championship games.

Reactions: adp98
Bradford is better than Sanchez, I agree

is he THAT much better that he is worth giving up a pick is the question

and for the record, I defended Bradford most of the time. But there is no chance Philly gets anything better than a late 4th IMO

That's fine. Maybe, that's what they asked for. Maybe, DEN only offered a 6th or 7th.

Man, if only Denver had a QB who could manage a game well enough in front of a top level defense. Unfortunately, there's no one out there who's done that and gone to two AFC championship games.

Yet the oddsmakers don't consider the SB champs to be one of the 5 best teams in the NFL with said QB as current starter.

I live when ADP thinks he has all the answers.

ie Cole Hamels
ie Ian Desmond

Yawn

Um have you guys seen Kap? He looks like he lost 40-50 lbs. I guess with his three surgeries he couldn't lift?!? I can't believe how much muscle he lost.

Says the guy who is arguing his current QB the team jettisoned has a ton of trade value.

Yes IMO he certainly is but the problem is the picks the Jets have available.. not sure they can get the deal done.

Was a rhetorical question. The resident contrarians are trying to argue against it.

By contrarians, you mean those not biased using recent examples to suggest your eagles bias is on display.

By contrarians, you mean those not biased using recent examples to suggest your eagles bias is on display.

Is BGranc's Jets bias on display? I actually watched the Eagles games this year. The difference between Sanchez and Bradford was palpable. With Sanchez on the field the team had no chance whatsoever.

Was a rhetorical question. The resident contrarians are trying to argue against it.
yeah a bit behind on the thread.. Bradford is better than sanchez and better than fitz for that matter. More arm strength, more accurate on deep balls and would be throwing to a decent WR corp. For 7M and then the risk of 4M dead money to cut bait next year I would explore options. Jets only have 6 picks though. We also have Mo Wilk who we need to turn into picks, and the cap situation still aint great.

Says the guy who is arguing his current QB the team jettisoned has a ton of trade value.

Never said that. Intellectual honesty -- Go get some.

I said the Eagles can do what they want and if DEN or any other team isn't reasonably meeting their needs, then so be it. I'm not really worried about it. It will eventually work itself out.

With that said, I know you enjoy painting a picture of doom or gloom, but I don't really see it that way.

We agree he's better than sanchez. No none has argued otherwise. Thats a strawman argument one is making but you.

Never said that. Intellectual honesty -- Go get some.

I said the Eagles can do what they want and if DEN or any other team isn't reasonably meeting their needs, then so be it. I'm not really worried about it. It will eventually work itself out.

With that said, I know you enjoy painting a picture of doom or gloom, but I don't really see it that way.

Gloom amd doom? Th eagles created this situation because they don't view Bradford as their guy. No gloom and doom just a reality that if philly and the rams felt this way why do you think john Elway or another team feels much different. The Eagles screwed this up by signing two qbs for good money and the ln trading a bunch of picks to draft the guy they see as their future. No gloom amd doom, just a mess they need to clean up and move on from. As a result, teams know this so they don't have any leverage. Take whatever pick you can get, try to work in a conditional next year and move along. It's Sam freaking Bradford not Johnny unites.

Gloom amd doom? Th eagles created this situation because they don't view Bradford as their guy. No gloom and doom just a reality that if philly and the rams felt this way why do you think john Elway or another team feels much different. The Eagles screwed this up by signing two qbs for good money and the ln trading a bunch of picks to draft the guy they see as their future. No gloom amd doom, just a mess they need to clean up and move on from. As a result, teams know this so they don't have any leverage. Take whatever pick you can get, try to work in a conditional next year and move along. It's Sam freaking Bradford not Johnny unites.

Ok, it will get worked out. I'm not worried, even a little.

Who called him Johnny Unitas?

Not sure why you're so worked up about, especially with a team you don't even like.

The Eagles did piss down their leg here. I'm not gonna argue that. They tried to move in the new girlfriend before the wife was gone. Of course the wife was gonna throw a tantrum. Ideally they should've gotten an agreement with Cleveland in place, but moved Bradford before consummating it. I have no idea why they didn't. That they believed Bradford was gonna play good soldier when they just traded 5 picks for his replacement is hard to comprehend.

All this said - this doesn't change Denver's situation. Their desperation to upgrade the most important position on offense still exists.

Why can't Bradford come in, work hard, maybe play really well, lead the team to a division crown, win a game or two in the playoffs, and then have multiple options at the end of the year? Why?

I didn't mind the contract they gave him and the plan to have him prove himself in the short term before a longer deal came. i thought it was fair. However, since then things have changed, oh well....Bradford really shouldn't be bitching after cashing that 11 mil bonus check.

I think the issue is that Bradford and the agent Condon knows how fans are. They know once Bradford throws a bad pass the fans will be screaming for the guy the team just traded everything for, to play. I do get that. I also get Bradford wanting to be "wanted". However, we are talking about a guy who's made like 100M dollars already in his career. It's hard to feel sorry for him. Go out and play. Do it for you. Do it for your next contract. Easier said than done of course. These guys are diva's. Espeically QBs.

i don't see how ANY of this is on the eagles. they offered bradford a 2-year deal which almost everyone at the time stated was fair given his injury history and limited success when healthy. hell, quite a few people thought it was too much money. it was clear from the day he signed that the eagles could get out of the deal after 1-year with some salary cap pain, but not enough to be prohibitive.

they brought in a backup who knew the new head coaches system as insurance in case the injury prone starter got hurt. once again, after 1-year the eagles can get out from this contract without too much pain. maybe an eyebrow or two was lifted at the size of his deal, but it makes a lot of sense on multiple levels. bradford still the starter, still could be gone after 1-year.

the eagles said all along they were going to draft a qb this year, through some shrewd management they were able to offload some terrible contracts and put themselves in a position to draft a potential franchise qb which, given their location in the draft since mcnabb, never happens.

they also made some decent moves in free agency to shore up the offensive line. yes, left tackle is a concern, but if peters goes down you slide johnson over and try to make do at right tackle. the guard play should be much improved.

NONE of the above changes what sam bradford knew when he signed his contract: there wasn't a long-term market for him, the eagles gave him fair money for his previous performance as well as expected future results, and there's a very good chance it's only going to be a 1-year deal, same as when he signed it.

this is 100% on bradford. that beady-eyed f#ck needs to shut his mouth, show up, and earn his money, which, again, is more than substantial.

Yet the oddsmakers don't consider the SB champs to be one of the 5 best teams in the NFL with said QB as current starter.

They are sixth. You can stop pretending like they are some longshot at this point...

And they lost two guys on defense too...and they were ~9-1 to win last year preseason, and they are 9-1 to win now. Sanchez < Bradford on talent, sure, fine, whatever. If the Broncos trade for Bradford, giving up no current player, do they even move top 5?

Panthers +600
Packers +750
Patriots +600
Steelers +750
Seahawks: +600

At best, if they trade for Bradford, Broncos move to what, +850? +800?

He's not the difference maker you're making him out to be. He's a perennially hurt, mid level quarterback. Sanchez at least has won some playoff games and is far cheaper.

Schefter was just on ESPN radio and said he doesn't think the Eagles trade Bradford for anything less than a 1st rounder to Den because of where Den picks. Said a 2 would be the bare minimum Eagles would consider. Just an FYI.

Schefter was just on ESPN radio and said he doesn't think the Eagles trade Bradford for anything less than a 1st rounder to Den because of where Den picks. Said a 2 would be the bare minimum Eagles would consider. Just an FYI.

So...the Eagles have 3 QBs on their roster, one who's never played, one who stinks, and one who is always hurt and unhappy?

They are sixth. You can stop pretending like they are some longshot at this point...

And they lost two guys on defense too...and they were ~9-1 to win last year preseason, and they are 9-1 to win now. Sanchez < Bradford on talent, sure, fine, whatever. If the Broncos trade for Bradford, giving up no current player, do they even move top 5?

Panthers +600
Packers +750
Patriots +600
Steelers +750

He's not the difference maker you're making him out to be. He's a perennially hurt, mid level quarterback. Sanchez at least has won some playoff games and is far cheaper.

Sanchez "has some playoff games". Cmon man. Stop with this. Bradford couldn't guide that D to the playoffs??

Panthers +600
Packers +750
Patriots +600
Steelers +750

Bradford would take Denver to the top 3 in SB odds. Because he's a considerable upgrade to ass fumble. And you can quote me on that if it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT