ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Offseason

Eagles' beat guys suggesting the Sanchez signing means Foles' days are numbered.

Looks like Eagles putting resources into defense with the hope that the scheme carries the offense. We'll see...

This is redonkulous. Better get McCourty AND Worilds.

The only thing to do is let this play out. Maxwell was an impact signing and Gore was a good one. Not signing Maclin is a mistake IMO but I think burrs said it: Chip feels his scheme will always keep the offense strong regardless of the skill positions. I cannot believe that they will enter the season with Riley Cooper as the #1 receiver.

BTW, this has to be all about money because Maclin will not match his stats from last season with Alex Smith throwing to him. Still a mistake IMO to let him go.
This post was edited on 3/8 10:13 PM by matty17

5.5M for Sanchez as a backup? Doesn't seem right. Think this lends more credibility to Eagles moving up for Mariota. Sanchez will start till Mariota is up to speed.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by matty17:

The only thing to do is let this play out. Maxwell was an impact signing and Gore was a good one. Not signing Maclin is a mistake IMO but I think burrs said it: Chip feels his scheme will always keep the offense strong regardless of the skill positions. I cannot believe that they will enter the season with Riley Cooper as the #1 receiver.

BTW, this has to be all about money because Maclin will not match his stats from last season with Alex Smith throwing to him. Still a mistake IMO to let him go.
This post was edited on 3/8 10:13 PM by matty17
Alex Smith and Sanchex/Foles is a flat out wash. I am not sure how the Eagles are better yet. Jettisoning RB1 and a damn good receiver for ...Frank Gore? Kelly's system still requires athletes - and he just downgraded in two big spots, and he doesnt have a QB1.

Yes, a lot of off season to go but I am having a hard time hearing how a 27 year old RB might be past his expiration date and yet a 32 year old with as many miles as any RB in football can step in a be an acceptable replacement.

Kelly's leash is getting shorter and shorter by the second with this fan base. God help this man if this spirals into the toilet. I am seriously concerned.

Dmil, I for one don't believe the McCoy move was about a 27-year old getting past his prime, but 100% had to do with paying said RB over 11 million per. Gore at a reasonable # is ok. I haven't seen any numbers, tho. I actually think Polk can be a good player if he stays healthy. Sproles will do what he does. I'm not really worried about the RB position.

WR is a different story. Personally, I don't think Maclin was worth 10 million, (If that's what he wanted). He's a good player, not really a clear-cut #1, but better than what they have now, obviously. I'm going to reserve judgement until the rest of this plays out. I don't think they go into next year with Matthews, Cooper, and Huff (Who I think has a chance to be decent) as their top three WR's.

The QB situation? Well, who knows how that plays out. We'll see.

With Gore, I saw 2 years, 7 million with 5.5 guaranteed.

49ers also getting Torrey Smith who didn't fit well with Steve Smith.

Sooo we dont get McCourty, which means we still need a safety...and still need another damn CB because they'll want to keep Boykin in the slot? I suppose they could snag Tramon Williams for average money and why the hell not, they just signed 31 yr old Frank Gore so it's not like they're not trying to win now.

And now...we need a damn WR. CAN NOT go into the season with Matthews, Cooper, Huff as the 1-2-3. Cooper SUCKS. Please buy him out, just get him outta here, swallow the money I dont even care. He stinks. Stinks.

Sign Worilds? All this freed up money has gotta go someplace right?

Gonna be kinda tough to fill these holes in the draft if we trade half of it for Mariota.

Kelly is full of himself it's amazing. I understand it's system, system, system with him. But come on, you need PLAYERS that actually strike some fear into a damn defense. Christ, imagine Foles trying to pilot this mediocre core of skill guys. Jesus. Dude is used to having DeSean, LeSean, Maclin. Now he's got...nothing. They almost HAVE to go get Mariota now and give defenses something to think about.

Kaepernick is apparently on the trade block and the Eagles are one of two teams inquiring. According to this Jason Braddock guy who broke the Maxwell news.

Get Kaepernick for a #2 or #3rd and then use the draft/rest of the CAP SPACE to reload. Don't mess with Chipper as he's got a plan.

Originally posted by adp98:
Get Kaepernick for a #2 or #3rd and then use the draft/rest of the CAP SPACE to reload. Don't mess with Chipper as he's got a plan.
Problem is the other 31 teams have a plan as well.

Love how Kelly and Hinkie shit all over the fans with terrible moves and some brainwashed COPers tow this party line of "they have a plan". No they really don't.

Originally posted by OldManYellsatCloud:
Love how Kelly and Hinkie shit all over the fans with terrible moves and some brainwashed COPers tow this party line of "they have a plan". No they really don't.
Not sure how you can pay attention even a little bit and say they don't have a plan. You can say these plans ae flawed and or unproven to be successful, but it's not terribly hard to see the plan in either case.

Kelly has basically pulled a Michael Corelone here. He settled all Eagles business. Desean Jackson is dead. So is Phillip Tattaglia, Trent Cole, Stracci, Cuneo, Shady McCoy. They all answered for Sonny.

Dmil, the GF reference is a BB2N from my Twitter account :)

Did you see it and are busting chops?

And at the end, it's......."So, don't tell me you are innocent, Howie."

Good to see that dopey Stephen A. smith os turning the Eagles/Kelly's moves into a racial issue. What a dope! He just signed Gore and Maxwell. He also cut James Casey and Todd Herremans.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Dmil, the GF reference is a BB2N from my Twitter account :)

Did you see it and are busting chops?

And at the end, it's......."So, don't tell me you are innocent, Howie."
no, did not, but was reading some stuff this morning that speculated Kelly was basically getting rid of guys who likely have questioned his ways the last couple of years - thats what made me think of it, and a GF reference is never very far away from me. It's kelly's way or the highway it seems. I think evey decent HC in sports needs to operate like this to some degree.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Good to see that dopey Stephen A. smith os turning the Eagles/Kelly's moves into a racial issue. What a dope! He just signed Gore and Maxwell. He also cut James Casey and Todd Herremans.
So a fake angry black guy who gets paid to scream and stir up controversy as a poor man's JohnnyGentle has done just that?

I'm shocked.

andre johnson reportedly will be released today. does chip get him on the cheap to keep getting "younger?"

Pats may have to cut Browner loose to afford Revis and McCourty. I'd gladly pounce on that. Perfect guy to have opposite Maxwell. 2 big physical corners.

Originally posted by gldendog:
Pats may have to cut Browner loose to afford Revis and McCourty. I'd gladly pounce on that. Perfect guy to have opposite Maxwell. 2 big physical corners.
Agreed.

Reports that the Rams have stepped-up their pursuit of Nick Foles.

What percentage that he is traded by end of draft? I'd say 80%.

The best part will be when the Jets pass on Mariota (after Chipper calls their bluff) and chipper snags him for a lot less than anyone but this guy envisioned.

Originally posted by bmoneynova:

2m2 minutes ago
Source: the #49ers are bracing themselves for the loss of LB Patrick Willis. Expecting him to retire.

whoa.
Upsetting as he's my favorite player but also good for him retiring at 30 and preserving his body and brain. He made good money and is not the type to blow it on bling or a posse.

ADP, if he's getting passed up at 6 and by teams that need qb's, what does that say about the guy? I never understood why anyone thought the Iggles would have to pay an arm and a leg for a qb going 6. I understood it for RG3 because it was going luck 1 and then him, so noone could have a chance. But with all these teams passing, it would be insane for any of the teams before the Jets to not pick him and deal him. I never understood why this wasn't getting compared to the Sanchez trade which is almost the exact same situation. The jets traded up from 17 to 5 to pick Sanchize and gave up an additional second rounder and some so so players. Shouldn't that be the model of this deal and not RG3?

Selmore, the only people comparing it to RGIII were folks like DMIL and the uniformed/GM"s trying to get others trade up. The Jets aren't getting 3 1's to come up and draft Mariota at #6. Who really thought that would happen. Oh wait.....

Originally posted by bmoneynova:
so Gore apparently backed out on his deal with the Eagles
I won't lose any sleep. I wasn't against the signing, but if it falls thru the it won't bother me much. I've always been a Gore fan. Tough runner, but not sure how much he has left.

This is awesome. Gore is thinking, "emm, they resigned Sanchez and let Maclin walk after letting McCoy walk...hello 8 man fronts....and who is handing the ball off to me....yeah uh I'll go play with Andrew Luck with T.Y Hilton taking the top off the defense".

Jesus Christ, I dont blame him one damn bit.

Where the hell does Kelly turn if he cant get Mariota? This looks really, really bad.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT