ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Offseason

I don't really care about him personally. I'm speaking on the bigger picture of his change of heart and how other players may have a similar opinion of the current situation.

Add Brian Baldinger to a few others who have Mariotta falling out of the top 10. The Jets are now negotiating with Brian Hoyer. Even if they don't sign him, they sure don't seem like they will draft MM. I have a feeling that it won't be nearly as difficult as some claim if Chip truly wants Mariotta.

This post was edited on 3/9 11:32 PM by matty17

This post was edited on 3/9 11:45 PM by matty17

Originally posted by gldendog:
I don't really care about him personally. I'm speaking on the bigger picture of his change of heart and how other players may have a similar opinion of the current situation.
Then why are guys signing with the Jags?

If the money is there they will come. They are football players and they have to get the best deal for themselves 95% of the time.

Originally posted by matty17:

Add Brian Baldinger to a few others who have Mariotta falling out of the top 10. The Jets are now negotiating with Brian Hoyer. Even if they don't sign him, they sure don't seem like they will draft MM. I have a feeling that it won't be nearly as difficult as some claim if Chip truly wants Mariotta.

This post was edited on 3/9 11:32 PM by matty17
Because BRIAN HOYER will surely scare off a team looking to groom a QB of the future!

Come on, man.

Originally posted by gldendog:

Originally posted by matty17:

This post was edited on 3/9 11:32 PM by according to reportsmatty17

Because BRIAN HOYER will surely scare off a team looking to groom a QB of the future!

Come on, man.
I didn't say that. He would compete with Geno Smith according to reports. I don't believe at all that the Jets are taking MM.

Kelly should probably wait till the second round. I'm sure Marioto will still be there. Maybe even the third.
It's Johnny Football only worse.

Will you be man enough to admit you're wrong? I doubt it.

So Brian Baldinger and some others are saying he might not go in top 10 is now evidence that someone is wrong? Interesting. I read yesterday that TEN was bringing Mariota in for a private workout. The last time I checked they held the second pick. Does any of this mean anything? Maybe not. But Dmil could easily point to this TEN tidbit and say to you, will you admit you were wrong? Really no different.

The difference is I'll be the first to admit i'm wrong. I've already acknowledged if that scenario happens i'm completely wrong. Outside of that. No difference.

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
So Brian Baldinger and some others are saying he might not go in top 10 is now evidence that someone is wrong? Interesting. I read yesterday that TEN was bringing Mariota in for a private workout. The last time I checked they held the second pick. Does any of this mean anything? Maybe not. But Dmil could easily point to this TEN tidbit and say to you, will you admit you were wrong? Really no different.
Here is what I do know. Maybe 2 or 3 of the top 6 teams want Mariota, or maybe they don't. But at this point EVERYONE knows that Chip Kelly wants Mariota, and that Chip Kelly is clearly in charge of personnel decisions for the CoP Eagles. We barely begun to see maneuvering yet. See above post for some evidence of that. We'll see what happens when the smoke clears. For now, a lot more mocks have him in the top 2 than out of the top ten it seems. Doesnt make me right.

DMIL, I haven't seen a single mock that has him top two or outside of the top ten.

Originally posted by bmoneynova:

11s12 seconds ago
The Saints and Seahawks are trying to finalize trade Jimmy Graham and a 4th rounder for Max Unger and Seattle first rounder

um, OK.
Wow. Great move for Seattle. Finally have another weapon on offense besides Wilson and Lynch.

AND A DRAFT PICKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guy revolutionizes NFL offenses and then trades away entire offense. Lets see how it plays out. Couldn't be happier as a Cowboys fan. Hopefully he just drafts some guys from Oregon.

Depending on what Bradford's contract situation is (i.e., not too much guaranteed money left), if the pick is really a 2nd, that is an outstanding return for Foles. Kudos to Chip there.

Bradford is set to make like $15 million this year. he is on the last year of those inflated rookie deals. Foles was making like $1 million I believe.

Some people saying we actually might be swapping 1st rounders with the Rams in this deal (they have #10). That too would really be an incredible return for Foles.

Bradford's last year this year is at $12.9 million, Eagles obviously have the CAP SPACE if they have to keep him.

The Rams are on some hard drugs. They got absolutely fleeced. Foles will get annihilated in that awful offense behind that horrid o-line. And in a contract year - he's screwed. Better get the Rams to pony up on a new deal before the season.

Swapping picks.

Chip pulling a Hinkie. He dumped salary, takinh on a 13 mil cap hit for one year in order to swap picks. Getting to ten makes it a lot easier to move up to get MM.

Or, maybe MM drops to ten like ADP said :)

This deal reminds me of the coup we pulled off in trading Kolb to the Cards for a 2nd rounder, after he really had been exposed in several games as a starter (especially late that year). Amazing how dumb some NFL personnel guys can be.

Perhaps MM can be had at a relatively sane price, we're in the running with #10 now at our disposal in exchange for a guy in Foles that Chip didn't really want anyway. Still not sure if MM ultimately will succeed in the NFL, but I'll trust in Chip for now.

Anything happen today? Heard the Eagles were going to give up 3 #1's to go up to 6 and get Mariota. Damn, some really smart guy laid out how this would go down. However, let's wait until the smoke clears. In Chip We Trust.

Originally posted by adp98:
Anything happen today? Heard the Eagles were going to give up 3 #1's to go up to 6 and get Mariota. Damn, some really smart guy laid out how this would go down. However, let's wait until the smoke clears. In Chip We Trust.
Intellectual dishonesty on several front. No one said teh price was 3 1's - in fact, that was floated in various places and peple here said they did not see that happening, so stay IH.

Secondly, has Chip Kelly gotten Mariota yet? No?

Ok then. As it stands he's a guy running a mobile QB system and has a QB coming of his second torn ACL. I am surprsied however, he was able to swap the picks. Just a bad move by STL, but fact remains the Eagles are most likely still not in a position to draft MM. Certainly closer though.

Whoa, let's not move the ball here. The discussion was never if the Eagles would be closer to drafting Mariota. The discussion was what it would take and where he could get drafted. Your position all along was he would never get past #6 FACT. And for Eagles to get him it would take 3 #1's to get there and draft him. You are so devoid of intellectual integrity it scares me.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:

Originally posted by wcburrs87:
Adp, I will say this, but according to that pick value chart (Not sure how much this is used), but that Jets pick is worth 1600 points. The Eagles at 20 is 850. So, in theory two 850's, plus a player would be more than equal value.
Exactly + Foles who is a decent NFL QB and the Jets have to do that deal. What I'm saying makes a ton of sense here. So two +1's and Foles. This probably goes down to the last minute as the Jets are on the clock. Going to be an interesting 15 minutes. Chip can run the clock and darn them to take Mariota. Todd Bowles does not want to start his tenure building around a spread QB who must learn a new NFL system. And then DMIL can come here and mea culpa. Should be fun.

This post was edited on 3/7 5:38 AM by adp98
Child plase -- you were out here saying he was fall into the teens I said he would not get past 6 and he wont. FACT.
Just for future reference. let's make sure we have DMIL on record. DMIL on record BUMP

Doesn't look like the eagles got #10. Conditional 2nd rounders. This trade without moving up to 10 makes zero sense.

Whoa, let's not move the ball here. The discussion was never if the Eagles would be closer to drafting Mariota. The discussion was what it would take and where he could get drafted. Your position all along was he would never get past #6 FACT. And for Eagles to get him it would take 3 #1's to get there and draft him. You are so devoid of intellectual integrity it scares me.
Wow, you are like Costanza - it's not a lie if you actually believe it. Maintained all along that Mariota will not get past 6. Still do. Never once speculated what it would actually cost the Eagles other than your idea of "Foles and a #1 next year to move from 20 to 6" was not going to get it done. In fact, burrs and I heard the same rumor about the 3 #1 and agreed either of us could see the eagles doing that.

But all we have to do is scroll back a page or two. So lets' do that.

Here is what burrs said :

"I heard a rumor the other day that the Eagles were
getting TBs #1 and Mike Evans for a 1, 2, 3 this year. 1 and 2 next. And
a 1 and 2 the following year. And Foles, too.

If be shocked if any trade didn't involved multiple #1's. Probably a minimum of three, at least if it's done with TB at one."

And here is what I posted in the next post:

"That's the word i heard - however Boomer Esiason said
earlier today he doesnt think the Eagles will do that. I guess Adam
Sheftner had this- as Boomer said - 'Adam doesn't always have it right'.
Boomer is not exactly disconnected either. However, i do think it will take 3 #1's if the Eagles
want to get into the top spot
and guarantee they get their guy - mostly
because the rumor is considerably more than that. I can see it getting
dialed down with the extra picks, but usually the rumors are not too far
off if the trade actually happens. "

Pretty easy to comprehend. So, yes, if they had to move from 20 to #1, my speculation is it would cost 3 firsts. That was my feeling. Not from 20 to 6, not form 10 to 6. From 20 to 1. Stop lying and saying anything different. It's all right here

It's ok man - you're a Nova guy and we like you no matter what - this is not DC where you just have to lie and be consistently ID at all times. You don't have to lie and just act like you are not lying and expect no one to notice.

This post was edited on 3/10 6:12 PM by Ninetynine5.0

You should seek help. You are like Hillary Clinton in your ability to disavow yourself of any truth. So now your position is that Nick Foles and a single #1 was what I said all along. You realize there are posts in this very thread that contradict your position? You get this right. All you need to do is scroll through the same thread you're commenting in. I love the fact you are in capable of accepting you might be wrong. You are not even wrong yet but you lie about the fact you might be wrong later. Cap tip. You cannot be helped.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT