ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies 2016 Season

Two and a half more years of the cream and the clear is all I"m asking. Why let Jimmy Rollins, Utley and Howard have all the juicing fun?

If he plays like a 20 million dollar player this year that means he can play like an 8 million for the next 2 years and it is a fine contract. - Ryan Howard supporters.

If he plays like a 20 million dollar player this year that means he can play like an 8 million for the next 2 years and it is a fine contract. - Ryan Howard supporters.
It's not that you're not wrong that he's been horrible for 5 years, it's just that you point it out too much. - sensitive Ryan Howard supporters

Reactions: nardibynature2
OF help on the way as Phils claim Jimmy Paredes off waivers from Toronto. They actually put in a claim for him a couple weeks ago but lost out to Toronto due to a better record. If he makes it in time for tonight's game the Phillies will make a roster move. Who are we thinking here? David Lough or Emmanuel Burriss?

OF help on the way as Phils claim Jimmy Paredes off waivers from Toronto. They actually put in a claim for him a couple weeks ago but lost out to Toronto due to a better record. If he makes it in time for tonight's game the Phillies will make a roster move. Who are we thinking here? David Lough or Emmanuel Burriss?

Who?

Joseph playing tonight and will play the next 3/4 games at least. Howard accepted the benching and was very professional and classy according to the guys who cover the team.

ND, you're just mean-spirited in nature. Your drunken, foul-mouthed rant towards me after the title game is proof of that. You're just not that good of a dude.

ND, you're just mean-spirited in nature. Your drunken, foul-mouthed rant towards me after the title game is proof of that. You're just not that good of a dude.
val-kilmer-as-doc-holliday.jpg

"Why Ed does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know Ed, if I thought you weren't my friend... I just don't think I could bear it."

gdog - your views this season on the team are baffling. They played above their heads and were 7 games above .500 (does that count as 7 games up adp?) but no one believed they would sustain in. This is not a team fighting for a playoff spot. They legitimately have the worst offense in the league right now, even worse than a Braves team that is running out 6 AAAA players daily.

Arak, I've been overly nice in regards to the phils. You should be happy I'm staying neutral.

gdog - your views this season on the team are baffling. They played above their heads and were 7 games above .500 (does that count as 7 games up adp?) but no one believed they would sustain in. This is not a team fighting for a playoff spot. They legitimately have the worst offense in the league right now, even worse than a Braves team that is running out 6 AAAA players daily.

Saying Adam Morgan sucks is baffling ? I know full well this wouldn't last. Read my comments throughout.

Tonight's lineup

Herrera CF
Blanco 2B
Paredes RF
Franco 3B
Joseph 1B
Asche LF
Galvis 2B
Rupp C
Eickhoff P

Starting pitching still has been decent to good, bullpen leaking some oil, but the offense has just been horrendous. Too many guys with just horrible ABs.

Eickhoff has gotten Hamels-esque run support this year. Leading the league in losses (8) with a sub 4 ERA and a respectable WHIP.

Daily update.

Howard back in the line-up tonight. I guess he'll throw Joseph a bone vs Scherzer tomorrow.

6 of 14 non-DH games (42.9}
9 of 17 overall (52.9)

Update:
Joseph starting 5th straight.

11 of 19 non-DH games (57.8)
14 of 22 overall (63.6)

Starting pitching still has been decent to good, bullpen leaking some oil, but the offense has just been horrendous. Too many guys with just horrible ABs.

I ignore win loss records for starters. It's all about ERA, WHIP, QS and K/9. W/L are too dependent on run support which the pitcher has no say over.

Nitwit fan threw bottle at Howard after he ended the game with a ground out yesterday. Disgraceful.

Reactions: NickleDimer
See no purpose in Paredes playing over Goeddel, or even having him on the team.

20-3 with a 3.2 ERA is a much better season than 15-8 with a 2.2.

No it isn't. Finishing a season with 15 wins and a 2.2 ERA is CY Young caliber stuff. A 3.2 ERA is a barely above avg ERA. A 2.2 is a best in the league type of ERA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT