ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies

Do you mind if I borrow your crystal ball? I like how you can see into the future with so many things.

Nothing the Nats do burns me. Really. Someone has to win this terrible division. Very good staff. Flawed line-up.
Gold is going to crash. your welcome from my crystal ball.

Bump.

Maikel Franco with the grand slam. JRoll caught looking by Giles to end the 8th.

Phillies are 13-3 since the break.

Kids running around the house.

The games have been enjoyable to watch lately. Interesting comment from J Roll last night when he mentioned Gillick joining the organization in 2006 and trading away Bobby Abreu. The team went on a nice run to finish the season and then 2007 started their run of 5 straight NL East championships. He said Gillick was saying the same thing back then about the team being 2-3 years away from competing and the clubhouse took it personally. I am not saying that this team will do the same thing - they don't have a young Utley, Howard, Rollins etc to carry them - but they are at least showing some fight. I don't think the Phillies can contend next year, but there is no reason why they can't approach playing .500 ball and then make their move in 2017.

It's clear now sandberg sucked the will out of them to compete with his asshole approach to managing. They're still bad but at least semi-competitive most games.

His postgame press conferences were painful to watch.

At least Chollie would bob and weave and was good for a laugh.

Ryno is even more monotone than "BobbyClaarke," if that is even possible.

Sandberg was a total dud and had no idea how to develop relationships with players. The fact that they had that guy pegged to be their major league manager for years and years goes to show you what kind of organization they are running. (Same goes for Amaro who was groomed to be the GM forever)

ZacK who? Phillies pounding Greinke.

4 ER in his last 58.2. 5 today with 0 outs in the 1st.

Unfortunately David Buchanan is pitching and gave it right back with a 3 run dong by Adrien Gonzalez. 6-5 Dodgers.

Can someone tell me who David Buchanan has pictures of?

He SUCKS!!

Franco and A-Rod carrying my fantasy team
A pick-up and a last round pick

#cashmoney #championship #braggingrights

Sometimes you have to focus on what's important and not your loser CoP pro sports teams

The rebuild won't take as long as people think. I'm encouraged. Plus, three teams in division trending downward.

encouraged by what

The young players they are accumulating. Also, how some of the young guys; Franco, Hernandez, and Herrera are playing in big league right now. Their AA team is pretty strong right now. Good chance to have a top 10 minor league system beginning next year. Money will never be an issue..

I like that the first post I this page is burrs demanding proof of stories that Sandberg is incompetent. Typical 4for4ing.

I didn't demand anything. I was just interested in reading some of the stories.

Sandberg was a boob.

There are no stories. Sandberg is he worst kind of incompetent- steadily and unremarkably idiotic. Nothing too flashy to draw notice, but draining the life out of everyone around him.

Yea, I agree with you.

But Chuck did say, "How about all the stories coming out....."

I wasn't asking for proof, but was genuinely interested in the stories.

Must have missed that question somehow. I don't know - my buddy (a bullish***er) mentioned some things, but now that I think back, I think he was just recapping some of the stuff we already knew (Rollins hated him, many blowups with pitchers [Buchanan, Giles, etc]). Poor form on my part to bring up "stories" as if they were just revealed.

Phil win again, this time 5-3 over the Padres. Jerome Williams pitches a gem (never thought I'd say that). Big hits from Herrera and Utley as a pinch-hitter. Giles gets the save despite giving up a run. Phils have been fun to watch since the all-star break.

Must have missed that question somehow. I don't know - my buddy (a bullish***er) mentioned some things, but now that I think back, I think he was just recapping some of the stuff we already knew (Rollins hated him, many blowups with pitchers [Buchanan, Giles, etc]). Poor form on my part to bring up "stories" as if they were just revealed.

No biggie. Your post was last on page 2, then my question was the first on this page. Yea, I was just curious if something juicy was out there that I hadn't heard about.

Herrera is starting to grow on me. He's still a bit raw and I'm not sure how solid his instincts re, but he has some tools. Great by speed and when he squares one up the ball flies off his bat.

Hernandez has been pretty good, too. If Franco and Crawford become AS caliber players on the left side of the infield, then you could do a lot worse than Hernandez at 2B.

Have not been recently. Crawford is slumping a bit, Nick Williams is off to a hot start. Should at least be fun to watch some of these guys sink or swim in the bigs.

The catcher Knapp is out of this world right now. Switch-hitter, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT