ADVERTISEMENT

UFC

UFC fight night- a rare Sunday event to honor MLK in Bostok, the home of racial tolerance.

solid prelims- 4 finishes,

a shit first main event fight between a Brazillian and Brit. I fast forwarded through it after 3 min. Was destined for a boring decision.

Browne/Mitrione - Brown viciously pokes Mitrione twice in the eye. Mitrione staggered him twice with if lefts, but Browne fed him mostly front kicks an a occasional right. Then in Rd 3, Browne blasted him with a right, thus exploding his already swelling poked eye, slammed him, full mount and finish. Mitrione looked fat as shit, and Browne looked like a fringe top 10 yawn heavyweight who is in trouble if he can't manage his opponents with his length and quick feet.

Pettis lost to some shit CoP wrestler that just leaned on him for three rounds and never actually threatened him. Learn to wrestle already, Pettis.

Cruz picks dillashaw apart in rounds 1 and 2. Round three was close, I would lean dillashaw. Round four to Dillashaw the leg kicks finally slowed down Cruz and he started to wear him down. Round five was a back and forth. Decision could've gone either way. Overall, I would lean Cruz bc of the takedowns. But Dillashaw probably took the last 3 rounds. Would watch that matchup 100 times over. Solid entertainment.

Cruz reminds me of Cole Hamels. Nerdy as hell but an undeniable phenom. And he's come back from ridiculous knee injuries.

I'm annoyed I forgot to record last night's fight. Hope FS1 replays it, as UFC is a ratings bonanza for them.

Pettis so overrated. Not happy I didn't bet Alvarez at almost 3-1. Kept looking at the number but couldn't pull the trigger. Shame on me.

Good analysis of the main event. Was a coin flip; maybe slight edge to Cruz due to takedowns. Was tickled pink I had him at plus money going into the decision

Guy I work with is cousins with Paul Felder and showed me some of the fight on his phone. Goofy sport.

Two of the judges gave the first round to Dillashaw. Huh?
One of them gave the first round to Dillashaw and the rest to Cruz. I don't see that at all. Just looked him up - it was the guy who was the in-ring ref for Klitchsko/Fury. Officiating and state athletic commissions are bizarre as hell.

I scored 1, 4 and 5 for TJ. 4 and 5 I dont think were hard to score. 1 was really close. Gave him Rd1 on aggression. He missed alot but he really set the tempo in the round. Thought TJ nicked it but no problem with the decision. It was razor thin. Browne should've been docked a point for the 2nd eye poke which happened right after he got clipped and was trying to recover. Meathead never beats the top guys so that result was expected. Pettis needs to get back on the needle. The new testing is doing him no favors.

Another point about the main event...

I've never seen a fighter miss so much as TJ. Dom's head movement and defense is off the charts. TJ is extremely quick, but punched air countless times.

Worst part about the second eye poke was when Browne went on the attack. He knew he poked Mitrione in the eye again... he knew the ref didn't catch it... so he took advantage and went chased one-eyed Meathead down.

watched it live......would have given it to dillashaw because he at least tried to beat the other guy......cruz just danced around and threw some punches...did nothing when he get him on the ground......My thing about MMA is, if you want to dance and avoid the other guy, try boxing instead.....MMA is meant for fighting.....I don't watch it for wrestling or dancing around.......club it out and let the best man win....I don't think Dana White likes it either....

watched it live......would have given it to dillashaw because he at least tried to beat the other guy......cruz just danced around and threw some punches...did nothing when he get him on the ground......My thing about MMA is, if you want to dance and avoid the other guy, try boxing instead.....MMA is meant for fighting.....I don't watch it for wrestling or dancing around.......club it out and let the best man win....I don't think Dana White likes it either....
Dana White likes whatever his customers like. There's definitely a strong faction of people that, like you, just want to see guys sitting in the pocket throwing haymakers. Just give them a card of fat 37 year old heavyweights and they'd be delighted.

There are definitely fighters who avoid striking by "dancing around" or avoid striking with boring wrestling (see the Pettis/CoPer fight).

Cruz dances and throws, though. And he can wrestle. He landed as many strikes as dillashaw (and as many as dillashaw's las two opponents combined) and he took him down 4 times.

Dillashaw was the champ, and IMO you have to take it off of him....In such a close fight like that was, I would have rewarded Dillashaw for trying to defend his title. He could have ran around the ring and threw punches and made cruz chase him for five rounds, but he came to fight. Didn't like the decision.
I have also watched some of the UFC shows with team against team ( Ultimate fighter) and White always seems to be negative when two guys lay on each other for three rounds.....He knows it bores most of us....

Dillashaw was the champ, and IMO you have to take it off of him....In such a close fight like that was, I would have rewarded Dillashaw for trying to defend his title. He could have ran around the ring and threw punches and made cruz chase him for five rounds, but he came to fight. Didn't like the decision.
I have also watched some of the UFC shows with team against team ( Ultimate fighter) and White always seems to be negative when two guys lay on each other for three rounds.....He knows it bores most of us....

You could say that Cruz was the champ, too. He never lost in the ring. And Dillashaw needed to beat him to legitimize himself as the best bantamweight of his era.

There's a big difference between lay and pray wrestling snooze fests and the active style that Cruz brings. I get it though - he has never stopped (KO or sub) a legitimate contender.

Well, one thing for sure, we will see a rematch and maybe Dillashaw will make the necessary adjustments.
I kind of like the fact that your belt will be relinquished if you are unable to defend it in a reasonable time.

TJ Dillashaw and his wife are sitting in front of me on a plane. He watched a replay of his fight of FS1 and was visibly and audibly upset while watching the replay.

What adjustment is he going to make? Get way way way quicker?
Bantamweight is a yawn division other than those two. Old man Faber is the only other option.

Cruz could be out for a bit (as usual) so auto-rematch not likely. This is how it will play out...

Faber vs. TJ. Teacher vs. Ex-Pupil. Good WWE story-line. This fight needs to happen at some point b/c it will sell. Might as well do it now.

Winner (TJ) faces Cruz.

Sterling and Almeida waiting in the wings.

If TJ doesn't beat Cruz, can always throw Barao back out there after he beats up a couple tomatos.

But yea, very weak division.

Just read BJ Penn coming back. Good lord give it up already.

Agreed.

Supposedly Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie fighting in that garbage promotion. Rematch of UFC 1, 22+ years ago. Joke

Hopefully Faber fights Cruz next so I can win some free money.

Well they were in the same camp for years so obviously they didn't want to fight each other. They split up just a couple months ago. Come on man, keep up with the UFC gossip

Yeah. I know. He had been splitting his time between Sac and Colorado and went full time with Duane for this camp.

I don't think there's as much animosity between Faber and Dilkashaw as there is between Faber and Ludwig.

Can't see that happening yet.

TJ -Fabs is the fight to make.

Bet TJ for the free money there also.

Just the same. Faber is an ATM machine. Loses to all the elites. Beats all the non-elites. He's clockwork. California Love that guy.

Yeah. I know. He had been splitting his time between Sac and Colorado and went full time with Duane for this camp.

I don't think there's as much animosity between Faber and Dilkashaw as there is between Faber and Ludwig.

Definitely not. Although there is definitely some animosity from Faber. Don't hate each other, but Fabs pissed it went down the way it did.

UFC has already done lots of the groundwork for promoting the controversy. There best person at PR - Conor McGregor- with all of the "snake" stuff on TUF.

Anyways, IF Dom is out for a bit, this fight makes too much sense:
1. Fight sells big time & easy to promote with the Teacher vs. ex-pupil spin
2. TJ wins, he gets much deserved rematch. Fight will sell
3. Faber wins (not likely), rubber match versus an old rival (yes I know Cruz kills him). Fight will sell
4. The prospects (Sterling & Almeida) aren't ready and there is nobody else. Even if they were given a premature shot - fight doesn't sell.

IF Dom ready to go, then auto rematch makes sense since it was such a close decision and nobody else deserving is waiting in the wings. That being said, I think TJ-Fabs happens next anyways. That guarantees two big fights, not just one

Last edited:
No dimer.......He has too do something different....
As to the type of fan I am..........Watch a ton of baseball....the purest game IMO requiring the most cerebral skill
Don't watch hockey.....only watch college hoops and maybe an occasional 5 mins worth of lebron or curry......IMO have a pretty good knowledge of the college game......
Don't attend football games, watch on TV....wouldn't subject myself to all the drunk, stadium slapping idiots that think their noise is going to affect the outcome....

That's exactly why they need to milk faber/TJ then winner vs Cruz. At least you get two sell-able fights.

Past 2016??

Sterling and/or Almeida could emerge.

Can Frankie Edgar make 135 if he doesn't get the 145 belt?

But yea, those smaller divisions are bad. 125 is even worse. Also similar to the female divisions. A couple real good fighters at the top, then the rest is slop.

No idea. Please explain.

125 and 135 have never been stacked with talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT