ADVERTISEMENT

UFC

Maybe. Although there are plenty of lil shit-bird wrestling types that size.

But yea, little dudes just aren't that exciting. Mighty Mouse is dominant and one of the most talented fighters. But I really couldN'T care less if I ever saw him fight again. Nobody does.

Who is on your list of guys who are obvious dopers that haven't been caught yet?

Rumble, Aldo and Pettis for me. Who ya got?

Is this the sport for the unwashed masses who show up at Trump rallies?

Shocking development...

Cain Velasquez injured again. Stipe Miocic taking his place for HW belt next month. Worst part about this sport besides the judging/scoring is the injuries.

glad to see Stipe finally getting his shot, despite the short notice.

glad to see Stipe finally getting his shot, despite the short notice.
He doesn't look that happy.
rem-michael-stipe1.jpg

Reactions: NickleDimer
Sweet. Now Werdum backing out against Miocic. Johnny Hendricks in the main event now, zzzzzzzzzzzz

That's weak, Fabricio. Said he would've gone through with the the Cain fight with the injury because the $ would've been better. How dumb are these guys? It's one thing to think that, it's another to say it. Why make that public? Makes him look terrible.

That's weak, Fabricio. Said he would've gone through with the the Cain fight with the injury because the $ would've been better. How dumb are these guys? It's one thing to think that, it's another to say it. Why make that public? Makes him look terrible.
Why risk your belt for significantly less money? You've only got a limited number of fights at that top tier pay level.

He's not a young guy anymore. A fight is a fight. Money is money. Suggests to me he is scared of Miocic. You're either too hurt to compete or you arent. What I love about the UFC is the best fight the best. We get all the best fights, unlike boxing where we get maybe 20% of the fights people actually wanna see. I dont ever want the UFC following that boxing model where guys start ducking fights. Werdum is the champ. Defend your damn belt against the #1 guy. Miocic is the de facto #1 guy with Cain constantly hurt. What's he gonna do, wait 2 yrs to fight Cain? So what if Miocic beats Werdum? Would only take 1 win for Werdum to get another title shot.

I think his age gives him more reason to be successful. If he can make X dollars now or wait 9 months for a chance to fight Cain for 2X, then do it. No need to blow your load just because of the corporate pressure. Of course it depends on how serious the back thing is. I didn't hear any details.

So blow 9 months waiting for Cain who gets injured every other weekend? Seems like a great idea. Dude fights like once every 2 yrs.

How about 2M now and 5M in nine months?

Or how about he waits the nine months for the bigger payday and Cain gets hurt again or he gets hurt. Then he has $0

All comes down to how injured Werdum is I guess. But if he was healthy enough to fight Cain, he should be fine to fight a guy with less than a two week camp.

Last edited:
Doesn't always work out that way chief. Often there isn't a guy that is worthy of the fight and willing to fight on two weeks notice.

Look how many fights are cancelled b/c of this.

Was somewhat surprised Miocic was willing to fight on such sure notice.

Yea good point and I don't disagree, that's why I said "somewhat". Still, many would bitch out.

Anyways, important UPDATE:

Bones says he would move up and fight Stipe if it was for the belt.

Love the idea, but not for the belt. He doesn't even want to fight for the interim belt supposedly. So that means the UFC would have to strip Werdum - not happening.

Jones could earn a lot of much-needed positive PR if he moved up to save next week's card. Go fight Miocic for the #1 contender spot.

No. To be clear.

Allegedly, he said he would fight Miocic NEXT week for the HW belt; not 205.

But again, he said the real belt; not the interim belt. That would mean the UFC stripping Werdum - nope.

He should step up and fight, but drop the HW belt demands. Would win over a ton of new fans.

Pretty much a no lose situation.

If he loses:
1) he gets good PR (for once) for saving the card
2) make a shitload of cash after being unemployed for last year
3) has a vaild excuse of "1st HW fight on less than 2 weeks notice)
4) still fights DC for LHW strap in a few months. Then beats Rumble and Gus and moves up to HW for a proper run.

If he wins:
1) same as above
2) same as above
3) fights Werdum/Cain winner down the line for the belt. No need to rush since he goes to get his LHW belt back first

If they milked it, then that would put 145 on hold longer. Wouldn't be on the UFC 200 card in July.

This is why Dana/UFC never wanted people going for two belts. Because it ties up one division. Aldo wanted to do it a couple years back - got denied.

They are allowing Conor to do it because they are confident he will be ready for UFC 200 to defend his 145 crown... hopefully against Frankie. In addition to the fact that he is a money making machine of course.

Next question

Last edited:
Rumble tears Bader's face off inside of a round.

I think Jones-DC is all but confirmed for UFC 198 in California or NY. So California.

Anything worth watching before March? Looks like a bunch of trash other than Rumble/Bader.

Not too excited about Bader - Rumble. Most likely a quick mauling. If somehow Bader made it competitive, it would be a snooze fest. Perhaps the most boring fighter on the roster.

Cerrone v Means should be a fun fight.

Even though they are has-beens, Anderson-Bisping could be neat

But yea, pretty week line-up til 197

Any chance Frankie can get ready for a fight in two weeks? McGregor has nothing to gain from fighting the likes of Eddie Alvarez, Diaz, Pettis or Cowboy. Put the LW belt fight on ice until RDA or Khabib get healthy.

No one noteworthy is gonna fight Conor on 2 wks notice. We already saw Mendes try that.

Cerrone would be the only guy crazy enough to do this. And he is already in shape having fought last wk and finishing Oliveira inside a round. That's the most logical choice but something tells me Conor will want no parts of him. Too much to lose and Cerrone may be able to put him on his back repeatedly.

I think Conor would want someone like Nate Diaz. A name guy who will stand with him. McGregor would bear the crap out of him on the feet. Diaz doesn't even consider going for takedowns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT