ADVERTISEMENT

UFC

Khabib offered to step in. UFC refused. Not surprised. They don't want Conor laying on his back the entire fight.

That wasn't UFC. That was Bellator. Basically a WWE company masquerading as an MMA company.

As expected they're gonna cherry pick and throw Diaz in there. Incredibly easy fight for McGregor. Hoping to get good odds.

Isn't he a lot bigger? Used to fight at 170. Or was he just one of those guys who didnt cut much?

They're making him cut. He'll be dead man walking in there. I cant set the odds high enough on this shit, stylistically and short notice-wise. Anything less than -600 is a great bet. Will probably be -1000.

Nate has fought both at 155 and 170. Started at 170; wasn't strong enough so he dropped down. It's a tough cut for him, although he was in great shape for his last fight against Michael Johnson.

Gotta think the cut might be very difficult on two weeks. Perhaps a catch-weight? 160-165?

Don't fret Diddy, Diaz or whomever MAc fights will get paid.

A birdie tells me McG refused Cerrone. Asked for Diaz. This isnt in the least bit surprising.

McGregor opened about -280. Currently -370ish.

You are correct ND. Conor a hell of a fighter, but yes they do their best to shield him from wrastlers; mini-Mendes was the only one (off two weeks notice).

Edgar deserved the fight last July, but the UFC knew he'd be in good shape and ready for 5 rounds.

As g-dog stated, Diaz a great match-up for Conor; zero threat of wrestling. Although Nate has great BJJ, he wont be able to get it to the ground.

Either way, Im fine with Nate getting the nod. Still want to see Mac go for the 155 title so give him the likely win. The hype will be great at least. Those Diaz boys make me giggle

Currently high as f*ck on muscle relaxers, looking forward to the 4pm press conference on UFC.com. Will be riveting listening. Much better than the fight.

Wow, didn't know that was going down. Thanks for the heads-up.

Conor demanded Cerrone come to 155. 2 wks after fighting at 170. Cerrone said he could make 160. Conor rebuffed him. Instead he's going to 170 to fight a guy who he knows won't take him down.

How do you know this? Not saying not true, but curious to hw you know this?

Yesterday prior to our game FS1 had Brock Lesner on beating the living daylights out of some guy. It was absolutely savage. Is that standard for this stuff or unique because Lesner is so big and a former wrestler. His style is to get you on the ground and just you into submission? Again, I have no background in this stuff but there has to be a better way to make a living than being savagely beaten by Brock Lesner?

Like:

"They're making him cut."

With regards to Nate?

While I don't personally speak to anyone inside the UFC I know several guys on the outskirts of the company who fight and train and coach in other prominent organizations. These guys have several friends inside the UFC and the gyms these guys train in. So anything I post that doesn't seem to be public knowledge comes from them and what they hear. I'd say most of it is pretty accurate.

McG line rising by the hour. Will eventually get to -600. Probably higher.

Diaz looks past his prime & a little punch drunk, but he's a real warrior. may have better shot @ higher weight, since he's got height on McG

should be good fight.

You know my thoughts. He already seems resigned to losing. Bringing up having no camp. He's there to get paid. I don't see how a merely decent fighter beats Conor with no camp. Especially when that fighter won't use wrestling against McG.

Diaz looked great his last fight; not sure he is past his prime. But yea, he wont look anything like that next Saturday.

Reactions: NickleDimer
While I don't personally speak to anyone inside the UFC I know several guys on the outskirts of the company who fight and train and coach in other prominent organizations. These guys have several friends inside the UFC and the gyms these guys train in. So anything I post that doesn't seem to be public knowledge comes from them and what they hear. I'd say most of it is pretty accurate.
You must be tight with them if they're snapping your ribs.

IMO you can't prize fight for that long & take such serious beatings & not be slightly reduced in speed & quickness.

Both have long reaches & are good boxers

Diaz only chance may be w/ submission pulling a surprise Gracie choke.

Last edited:
Bisping beats Silva. Didn't see any of this shit overseas card.

What is the level of respect for Silva now? Are his accomplishments completely tarnished by the juice (and post juice/old age losses)? Or can we still appreciate what a savage fighter he was?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT