ADVERTISEMENT

Working from home, drinking a sugar-free Rockstar (with NFC koozie), taking questions...

What part of Sicily did your grandfather come from?
Did you use Nonna and Nonno?
Ever visited Sicily?

Do you pull out your phone while taking a piss?

Top adult site? How will you handle it when you find your son looking at p0rnog?

Do you get an annual physical?
Are you friends with any CoPers?
What is your favorite professional sports team?
Do you understand Twitter?
All-time least favorite Nova player?

Top 5 New England foods. Ones that you actually like and eat regularly, and if you left New England would miss (not some top 5 list from guy fierreri's blog or something)

Which former VUSports poster do you miss the most? Miss the least?
Is SPG mentally ill?
There was a report this morning that suicide rates have jumped since 1999 after declining during most of the 80's-90's. Why do you think this is?
Do you care that Prince died?
Are you affiliated with a political party?
What are your hobbies?

What ever happened to jamesq? Otherwise, I can hardly keep up with who is and isn't here anymore with all the new handles.

Everyone here is a bit mentally ill.

Sh!t is really tough since 9/11. I'm not surprised more people are falling off the train and choosing to opt out.

Never voluntarily listened to a Prince song. I'd be more sad if Rivers Cuomo died, and he shat all over Weezer for the last 20 years before the album that came out 2 weeks ago.

Registered R, although they're a f'n disaster and I didn't vote in the primary. Not sure I can pull the trigger for Trumo. Romney might have been the one I was most excited to vote for, although he looks like a tool this year speaking out.

Still play fast-pitch softball to keep the baseball itch alive. Play golf about once a month from April-October. Love going to concerts. Hiked Mt. Washington last year and really want to find other places to keep that going.

Reactions: spg109876ers
why don't you get involved with our chess.com online battles? It is me, lizreed, NN1188, tomdudes and ticklemejake so far. Are you afraid?

Villanova costs 62k right now -- having a hard time believing 65k-75k range in 13 years.

Do you think you get good value for your day care expenses?

Are there any other sports moments in your life that rival - "Jenkins FTC"?

What were your personal greatest academic and athletic achievements?

Thought it was in the 50's... I'm f'd either way.

Can't believe it didn't go to Houston, that one is going to haunt me. Was at Boston regionals in '09 which was huge. Medley against G'town in '99 was f'ing bonkers. St. John's in '99 when Artest elbowed the kid from my floor was great as well (jumping around with Celestand and Malik was pretty cool as a Freshman). Now on TV only, Giants '90 and Pats in '07. Rangers '94. Those are the tops. Still waiting for the Mets to get it done. (I was a tad too young in '86, that that cemented my fandom at the time).

Getting into Nova felt pretty big. Invited to week long conference at West Point as a Senior by a professor was super memorable (was there staying in the barracks one month after 9/11). Dean's list senior year (took that long to get my act together). Never good enough at sports to really have that memorable moment. Walk off double in AAU ball one summer. Hit a blast in JV ball over a scoreboard, ran around the bases so fast I didn't even savor it. Probably rounded second as it went over the fence. I once hit a retard pitching in little league, think I teared up as I felt pretty bad.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
Do you get an annual physical?
Are you friends with any CoPers?
What is your favorite professional sports team?
Do you understand Twitter?
All-time least favorite Nova player?

Yes
Sure, but all Nova connections.
Mets, by far. Giants second.
Yes, been retweeted by Colin Quinn, argument with Ken Rosenthal and FNC Red Eye's Andy Levy, and retweeted by P-Nut (311 bassist).
Tough one, not a fan of Andrew Sullivan driving to the baseline and picking up his dribble EVERY F'ING TIME.

Top 5 New England foods. Ones that you actually like and eat regularly, and if you left New England would miss (not some top 5 list from guy fierreri's blog or something)

Shepherd's pie
Portuguese sweet bread
Harpoon beer (access to other than the IPA)

That's it. Pizza is dogsh!t.

What club do you hit from 175 yards?

Better golfer: Faldo or Hogan?

Ugh. Yeah, that's an issue for me. 8 iron? I don't have fitted clubs, thing mine are too long so I struggle with irons.

Hogan? Wouldn't know. Can't get into it as a spectator sport.

why don't you get involved with our chess.com online battles? It is me, lizreed, NN1188, tomdudes and ticklemejake so far. Are you afraid?

Can't keep up with anything in life with the three kids. Took me 5 years to do a TQ.

Reactions: BigEastBasketball
Thread refreshed a bit funky. Working on missed one's now.

Name the five greatest rappers of all time

O/U/P
  • Boat shoes
  • Loafers
  • Wingtips
  • Watches over $1,000
  • Influence of the POTUS
  • Handguns
  • MOUPHTAU YAROU
  • The Killers Mr Brightside
  • Jukeboxes at bars
  • Erotic Photo Hunt

What schools were you looking at besides Villanova?

Thoughts on PiKE frat?

Parent's didn't go to college so we botched that search. If it wasn't Nova, would have been Pitt, other wise applied to Charlotte considering a trip down there since I had an uncle there. Ultimately got very lucky that it worked out with my first choice. In hindsight, I would have handled it much differently. UNC/Wake down south. Other Big East schools as well. (maybe SHU, Syracuse)

I look more like a short polish guy, so wouldn't fit in with the Pikes...

How far can you throw/punt/kick a football?

Describe your best athletic achievement.

Used to have a pretty good arm. Could throw a pretty decent 30-40 yard pass. Covered the pathetic athletic achievements somewhere in here.

Ugh. Yeah, that's an issue for me. 8 iron? I don't have fitted clubs, thing mine are too long so I struggle with irons.

Hogan? Wouldn't know. Can't get into it as a spectator sport.
Explain how not having fitted clubs makes it difficult for you to answer what club you hit 175 yards.

What part of Sicily did your grandfather come from?
Did you use Nonna and Nonno?
Ever visited Sicily?

Lercarra Friddi, 45 minutes southeast of Palermo. No guinea names for them. Never been. Wanted to get all three Sal's back there to visit my cousins, but never pulled it off before he passed away a few years ago.

What would you rather be able to do: hit home runs, dunk a basketball, or drain 3's? And why?

From an accounting standpoint, do you have any thoughts on the new rules on recording operating leases?

Did you visit pitt, and if so, what was your impression?

What's your current and/or past drug use like?

How would you handle that with your children?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT