ADVERTISEMENT

Active Shooter in San Berdoo

This guy was a US citizen, this woman (his wife) was a permanent resident that came in on a visa from one of our allies remember.. not a refugee. I fail to see the connection. If you are suggesting we should start holding our "ally" accountable for its exportation of terrorism to our shores (not the first time if you remember two buildings that fell), then yes I agree something needs to change. Linking this to the refugees is kind of intellectually dishonest though. We have 20M+ that come here from countries with visas waiver and countless others using visas that receive much less scrutiny than those refugees would (e.g., those aforementioned Saudis that brought down buildings)... but sure the refugees are the boogeyman.

If these two were self radicalized what is the answer? Is the suggestion that somehow more intervention in Syria would have stopped this? Are we welcoming more mass surveillance of citizens? The Trump registry? is that what we want? Singling out a group of citizens because of their religion? disregarding the civil liberties we have here?
She came in on a visa for which she was "screened". She's a permanent resident because she married a US citizen she met online (who's profile said he likes to shoot guns). Who is going to screen the refugees? You fail to see any connection to our President telling us not be afraid of women (women also in France group) and orphans because he'll screen them? Seriously, nothing there for you? I get you're an Obama apologist/liberal but c'mon. Who's defending this guy and his ridiculous positions at this point. He's been wrong at each turn on this stuff.I understand his defenders will do everything to change the subject. However, it's laughable at this point. Wasn't a few weeks ago he told us ISIS was contained and within 24 hours another attack....after they had just brought down a jetliner and executed another attack the previous week.

Last edited:
Trumps idea of executing family members of terrorists is gaining traction as a decent strategy among the "'Murica! F**k YEAH!" crowd.
So, it's OK to kill family members at an employee Christmas party but not seek retribution against terrorists' family members? Oh that's right, Granny Farook lived in the same house with the killers but is claiming she had no idea the house was an ammunition dump and the garage was an IED factory. Poor thing! I guess we just don't understand the poor woman and we're stereotyping her. Que another moronic press conference statement by Obysmal.

She came in on a visa for which she was "screened". She's a permanent resident because she married a US citizen she met online (who's profile said he likes to shoot guns). Who is going to screen the refugees? You fail to see any connection to our President telling us not be afraid of women (women also in France group) and orphans because he'll screen them? Seriously, nothing there for you? I get you're an Obama apologist/liberal but c'mon. Who's defending this guy and his ridiculous positions at this point. He's been wrong at each turn on this stuff.I understand his defenders will do everything to change the subject. However, it's laughable at this point. Wasn't a few weeks ago he told us ISIS was contained and within 24 hours another attack....after they had just brought down a jetliner and executed another attack the previous week.
The way you conflate issues when engaging in any sort of debate on here is truly fascinating.

Where in my post did I defend Obama? I voted for the guy not a single time in my life. His Middle East foreign policy has largely been a disaster.... Syria, Libya, Egypt and not holding our "allies" in that region responsible for their role in the problems we are facing. However unlike you, I view our involvement in that region through a much broader lens then 8 years.

And you are proving my point.... Millions come here on various visas or no visas at all via the waiver program and receive less screening than the refugees would. You do understand that those processes are different do you not?

Again I'm asking how government intervention and foreign policy stops something like two self radicalized sociopaths, a citizen and his wife, from shooting up a place?? Something that seems to happen every day in this country. Muslim registries? Mass surveillance? Boots on the ground in Syria? And again how does the regugee issue play into it? Is it only Syrian refugees we close our borders too while we still maintain the visa waiver program and allow folks in on visa from allies like Saudi Arabia?

It speaks directly to the fact the president lives in a world where women cannot be terrorists and we cannot screen people effectively. At a time we are having a debate about allowing people into this country who the president told us we need not worry about because women cannot be terrorists (his line calling out republicans because they are afraid women and orphans will become terrorists) and saying we shiuld not worry because we would screen refugees to ensure no bad people get in. Which his own intel peolple have said is impossible. How is this hard to understand the relationship between current events, which blows holes in what the president is proposing and his proposals? This is straight forward stuff here. Only those wishing to protect these policies are confused how the issues aren't related. It seems each time he says something about his policies, they arw proven ineffective or naive within 24 hours.

We issue the visa waivers and screen these people for entrance into this country. Again, you are trying to confuse the issues. It would be even worse from Syria to figure who these people really are and their intentions. You are bringing up 9-11 and Saudia Arabia for what reason?

So you're in favor of executing people related to terrorists with no due process or evidence?

Wow.
I'm in favor of doing whatever it takes to wipe the scourge of Islamic Jihadist terrorism off the face of the earth. Then the vast majority of people on the planet can go about their lives in peace. We didn't pick this fight - they did. Waging a war with a goal of ANYTHING other than victory as the final outcome is just plain stupid.

This surprises you? TJC is a hate monger.
You're right, MWG. I HATE Islamic jihadists and the horror they put on innocent people around the world - kids who lose their parents, men & women who lose their spouses and on and on. If that makes me a "hater" then thanks for the compliment. I'll gladly wear my badge of "hater" and be proud of it, too!

You're right, MWG. I HATE Islamic jihadists and the horror they put on innocent people around the world - kids who lose their parents, men & women who lose their spouses and on and on. If that makes me a "hater" then thanks for the compliment. I'll gladly wear my badge of "hater" and be proud of it, too!

The irony is that you have an identical mentality of these people, just the opposing point of view.

Reactions: UncleBill69
We issue the visa waivers and screen these people for entrance into this country. Again, you are trying to confuse the issues. It would be even worse from Syria to figure who these people really are and their intentions. You are bringing up 9-11 and Saudia Arabia for what reason?
confusing the issues? A US citizen and his wife who first came to the country on a visa from saudi arabia (originally from another great ally in Pakistan) murder a bunch of americans and its somehow about syrian refugees? Refusing to accept 10 thousand refugees would prevent future lone wolf terrorists attacks like this? We can't even get good non muslim americans to stop shooting up places and killing people. Refugees numbers pale in comparison to visitors via visa waiver or other visas, like Malik who came from saudi arabia (or those that orchestrated 9/11) ... see the connection? So outside of using the refugees as partisan propaganda to monger more fear of muslims, how exactly is the issue connected to san bernadino?

The irony is that you have an identical mentality of these people, just the opposing point of view.
Wrong again. Islamic Jihadist terrorists are the only thing I hate. And, to be more clear, it's their philosophy I hate. I don't have room in my life to hate individual people. That's what makes most people different from the radical Islamic Jihadst terrorists. If you want to defend/apologize for a group of people whose only goal in life is to bring an end to civilization be my guest. But, don't pass judgment on me because both of our views are protected by the constitution which the radical Islamic Jihadist terrorists seek to destroy.

If you want to defend/apologize for a group of people whose only goal in life is to bring an end to civilization be my guest.

You're right. I was apologizing for radical islamic jihadists when I questioned your intent of killing their families without due process.

To dig deeper on this, what's your preferred method of execution of these family members? Beheading, firing squad, or more humane Anerican methods like lethal injection?

confusing the issues? A US citizen and his wife who first came to the country on a visa from saudi arabia (originally from another great ally in Pakistan) murder a bunch of americans and its somehow about syrian refugees? Refusing to accept 10 thousand refugees would prevent future lone wolf terrorists attacks like this? We can't even get good non muslim americans to stop shooting up places and killing people. Refugees numbers pale in comparison to visitors via visa waiver or other visas, like Malik who came from saudi arabia (or those that orchestrated 9/11) ... see the connection? So outside of using the refugees as partisan propaganda to monger more fear of muslims, how exactly is the issue connected to san bernadino?
The us department of Homeland Security issues the visa. They completely blew the screening process. She used an address that didn't exist and had ties to radiCal goups. How are you missing the diconnect here? If they missed her how in the world do you think we could begin to verify Syrians? This is easy stuff here.

The us department of Homeland Security issues the visa. They completely blew the screening process. She used an address that didn't exist and had ties to radiCal goups. How are you missing the diconnect here? If they missed her how in the world do you think we could begin to verify Syrians? This is easy stuff here.
That is kinda of my point. You are worried about 10k of Syrian refugees getting on while tens of millions are coming in or visiting with less screening. Also if we want to get pedantic... the state department issues visas not homeland security. CIS approves people to obtain a visa. Most of that screening is done at consulates by fairly junior FSOs. The refugee process is completely different... before we even look at these folks they go through the UNHCR's screening and something like <1% are actually selected for resettlement... then screened by our people (and syrians receive an even more enhanced screening by multiple agencies).So again its a red herring red meat talking point when you look at the tens of million who enter with much less scrutiny every year.

Last edited:
tjc is
QwNPtz3.gif

I read DHS was responsible and believe that to be true. Regardless, irrelevant to the point. We cannot get it right now but sure, Syria is here to help so that will be easy. No one over there who would make up stuff to sneak bad women in.....because as Obama told us, women aren't terrorists.

Last edited:
How are there like 500 million firearms in the US yet very rarely their owners are present when these shootings go down? Just blind luck? Or do they usually go down in cities where only wimpy liberals are? Or is it because of pervasive workplace firearm restrictions?

How are there like 500 million firearms in the US yet very rarely their owners are present when these shootings go down? Just blind luck? Or do they usually go down in cities where only wimpy liberals are? Or is it because of pervasive workplace firearm restrictions?

Because vast majority of the 500 million are not on someone's hip at any given moment. Except in Texas. Those cheeks carry 2 at a time at all times.

The idea of executing family members of terrorists is clearly beyond the pale, and yet another reason Trump is a joke. That said, as far as our bombing runs and whatever related efforts we're undertaking, we're also past the point where we should get too concerned about collateral damage, injuring possibly innocent people hanging out with known terrorists around the house, in mosques and the like.

Repulsive. I bet they barely even wash the panda blood off their hands before they put them in your mouth.
A lot of people hunt Deer in PA. A 12 year old girl in my neighborhood recently shot a large buck and was showing the photos. I think it's kind of odd but it's pretty common, your thoughts?

I really never want to move out of NYC. I am reasonably assured that 99% of the residents on the streets, in buildings, in bars and restaurants, and riding public transportation aren't carrying a f*cking gun. And if they are, they are taking a big risk of getting their stupid ass thrown in jail.

328 murders in 2014 in a population center of 8.5 million.

I really never want to move out of NYC. I am reasonably assured that 99% of the residents on the streets, in buildings, in bars and restaurants, and riding public transportation aren't carrying a f*cking gun. And if they are, they are taking a big risk of getting their stupid ass thrown in jail.

328 murders in 2014 in a population center of 8.5 million.

actually, 99.9965% of people in the entire United States didn't murder someone with a gun in 2013. that doesn't even take into account a single gunman killing more than one person.

actually, 99.9965% of people in the entire United States didn't murder someone with a gun in 2013. that doesn't even take into account a single gunman killing more than one person.

That's quite a departure from what I wrote. What I meant was that, where I live, I generally never have to worry about gun-toting idiots.

To dig deeper on this, what's your preferred method of execution of these family members? Beheading, firing squad, or more humane Anerican methods like lethal injection?

Inject them with parvovirus and deny them medical treatment.

That's quite a departure from what I wrote. What I meant was that, where I live, I generally never have to worry about gun-toting idiots.

quite a departure to point out how no where in the US do you have to worry about being shot?

or are you one of those people who irrationally fears individuals who get concealed-carry permits?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT