ADVERTISEMENT

B. Harper???

No way. The ump should have been suspended for tossing him. Absolutely ridiculous.

Were you in the dugout? Were you listening to Harper all game? Just curious to understand how you know the ejection wasn't warranted.

With that said, more times than not umpires are hammerheads.

Lots of money tied up in a couple arms now for the Nats. Was surprised to see them back up the truck for SS. Guessing he likes that the pressure of expectations to perform in the postseason is not really there in DC, like it would be if he hit the open market and teams like NYY and BOS were bidding, also more time in a great pitchers' park, SS did very well here, anyone who would've bid higher would've expected more, and now injury risk for rest of the year is not his. Kudos to him and his agent.

Will Harper fear the pressure and expectations when it's his turn? Highly doubt it, I think he wants them. (Philly would also offer pressure and a the opportunity for video game numbers in CBP btw.)

The Murphy signing being a good one for what DC got and the price/years -- especially given who he replaced -- is not debatable, glad everyone agrees, victory for common sense on here. Was surprised he didn't get more after he tore up the playoffs.

Nats are one of the frontrunners in believing caution for former Tommy John guys after year 7. Next year is year seven for SS. Still, he's pitched well since last August and signing his type of talent isn't ever going to be cheap. Risky for sure, but like I mentioned if he stayed healthy this year he was getting more than that on the open market. Solid gamble by the Nats, IMO.

Of course, if the Phillies did something like this the board would be flooded with how dumb it is.

Burrs, I don't care what he said. There were 7 people between Harper and the umpire. He wasn't near the rail and down in the dugout. The guy had rabbit ears and stares into the dugout to find Harper. Do your job. Ridiculous, no one is paying to see the umpire.

If I'm the Phillies I'm preparing a 225M contract for Harper in a couple years. They'll certainly have the cash.

Burrs, I don't care what he said. There were 7 people between Harper and the umpire. He wasn't near the rail and down in the dugout. The guy had rabbit ears and stares into the dugout to find Harper. Do your job. Ridiculous, no one is paying to see the umpire.

He probably said something about the ump's mother which is grounds for immediate ejection.

Harper losing it? He flipped out on obvious strikes according to Pitch Trax, and was really just asking for it from the dugout.

Harper losing it? He flipped out on obvious strikes according to Pitch Trax, and was really just asking for it from the dugout.
I think he's on the edge.Should help reduce the trade value.

Just the best overall player on the best team in a century. No big deal.

I suggest you watch some of this guys highlights. He is the best defender in baseball and is one of the best power hitters in the game. Bryant is a good player for sure, just not the best.

635717890366718008-XXX-Nolan-Arenado-dec-641.JPG

Once again, who cares about WAR and all that crap when Bryant is leading his team to Ws at a historic rate, playing multiple positions, and smacking clutch hits. If I were starting a team, is take Bryant over anyone else if I was starting a team today.

Once again, who cares about WAR and all that crap when Bryant is leading his team to Ws at a historic rate, playing multiple positions, and smacking clutch hits. If I were starting a team, is take Bryant over anyone else if I was starting a team today.
Just save time and say you are a giant homer.

Joe Maddon might be the best manager/coach etc in all of sports. I bet you could put that guy as the CEO of a Fortune 500 company and he would produce results.

Reactions: tomjackleman
what exactly has maddon done to get this cubs team to produce?

sign jason hayward?
get hired to manage kris byrant?
put dexter fowler on the sauce?
put jake arrieta on the sauce?

Probably true considering he's hitting FA at age 25. 300 is probably his floor. Doubling it is extreme tho.

He will get a contract in the 400-450M range. And if someone really goes bonkers like the Rangers did with ARod in 2000, then 500M isn't out of the question either.

Reactions: obriend1
Yeah cause the Cubs win so much.
The Cubs are winners, plain and simple. One series away from a World Series last year, likely to sweep the entire playoffs next year. Bryant is a winner, Rizzo is a winner, the Cubs are Winners, through and through.

Bryant =Rizzo > Trout > Harper > Everyone else. Find me two guys you'd rather start a franchise with than Bryant and Rizzo?

The Cubs are winners, plain and simple. One series away from a World Series last year, likely to sweep the entire playoffs next year. Bryant is a winner, Rizzo is a winner, the Cubs are Winners, through and through.

Bryant =Rizzo > Trout > Harper > Everyone else. Find me two guys you'd rather start a franchise with than Bryant and Rizzo?

This post has such a Ball flavor to it.

Reactions: adp98 and LizReed

Awful troll job, Miller.

Call when they win as much as the 2012 Nats.

Agree, call me amd lucas duda when it happens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT