ADVERTISEMENT

B. Harper???

lucas-duda-cowboy.jpg

Cubs walked Bryce Harper a record breaking 6 times in a 13 inning 4-3 win over the Nationals.........have to assume we will see more of this strategy by other NL teams....

I think most fans realize he's done, but he's still here for another year, or at least for part of it. Pointless to bitch about it every day. Provided many good memories for the club when he was going well. Also, despite the overall poor play, it's still good to see him help them win a game from time to time.

Burrs, I think part of ND's point is he's been done for 4 years and we still have folks who believe with every homerun Howard hits he's going to turn it around.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Or every HR he hits means something more than the rest of his play. Burrs just cited his game winning hits twice as he discounts and refutes WAR as some newfangled nonsense

Harper only had one hit in four games Vs the Cubs and people are comparing him to Mickey Mantle?

Guy reached base 13 times in 4 games. He sucks.

Guy reached base 13 times in 4 games. He sucks.
Glad you're coming around. He cost his team at least one game defensively, and they lost all four. Can they trade him this year and at least get some value out of him before the rest of the league catches on?

Burrs, I think part of ND's point is he's been done for 4 years and we still have folks who believe with every homerun Howard hits he's going to turn it around.

Turn it around? Nah, that ship has sailed. I'm not expecting any miracles, but I'm not going to waste any time blasting on his way out the door. I appreciate the good years and what he meant to the franchise.

Or every HR he hits means something more than the rest of his play. Burrs just cited his game winning hits twice as he discounts and refutes WAR as some newfangled nonsense

Dude, tongue in cheek with the WAR stuff.....Get some. I know he's not good, but in-between that he was pretty much responsible for four wins.

TMJ doing a much better job than me on the Harper troll. If a CoPer was lauding a Phillie for getting on base after being swept, it would be cause for immediate scorn from the NYC contingent. Adp just stays with the program. Cap tip for his consistency.

“I'm not going to run into the wall, plain and simple,” Harper said. “Got as close as I could and put my glove out and (the ball) nicked off it. Things happen. I'm not going to do it again - run into a wall - and I'm not playing for another year and not feeling healthy. I'd rather be in the lineup every day. That's just not going to happen.”

Pretty gutless comment. That catch would've avoided the sweep for the Nationals.

Reactions: Novacatt94 and RC26
Glad you're coming around. He cost his team at least one game defensively, and they lost all four. Can they trade him this year and at least get some value out of him before the rest of the league catches on?
I believe they are shopping him to the Phillies. My sources tell me the hold is the Phillies want the nats to pick up the 32 million in dead money from the hamels trade. You think Ted is putting that on a lamented card in his wallet? GTFOUH

I skimmed this thread so mea culpa if I am off on anything here. I never said Harper was a bust, I have always said that Trout is the better all around player - and that remains a fact still, although the gap is pretty small. Trout's defense and baserunning make the difference. Most of the smack talk about Harper was just to break adp's balls. If he or anyone else couldn't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

I skimmed this thread so mea culpa if I am off on anything here. I never said Harper was a bust, I have always said that Trout is the better all around player - and that remains a fact still, although the gap is pretty small. Trout's defense and baserunning make the difference. Most of the smack talk about Harper was just to break adp's balls. If he or anyone else couldn't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Nodding

Ahhh now I get it. When the CoP4x4ers look silly, it's "I never said that", "I was just breaking balls" and "it was tongue in cheek"

Noted.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
Ahhh now I get it. When the CoP4x4ers look silly, it's "I never said that", "I was just breaking balls" and "it was tongue in cheek"

Noted.

Let me get this straight. You can use sarcasm (i.e. recent exchange with ADP on Howard driving in runs), but no one else can play that game?

You can callout a poster for bringing up Duda when no one else did, but you can't get be called out for bringing up Howard when no one else did?

Noted.
Noted.

***And....I'm still curious. Will M. Bridges be a NBA player? If so, when? Since, wanting to see next year in an expanded role isn't allowed. I only think it's fair that you provide your analysis now.

***Hopefully will be noted soon.

Bridges has a chance to play in the NBA. Maybe next year, maybe the following, if not after his senior year. Of course that could change. He is probably a bench player right now, but if he gets better and improves , maybe more than that. If he starts down the road, he may not be an all star, unless he really makes a jump, then it could happen. This is all of course contingent on him improving the next year, two years plus. If he doesn't, then he still has a nice career elsewhere playing basketball.

So , just to be clear and you have something to hold me to, he might make the NBA if he improves. If he doesn't improve, he might not make the NBA. If he improves a lot, and makes it, he may be a starter somewhere - unless he doesn't improve enough then he probably has a year or two as a spot reserve. But if he doesn't improve at all, he won't make the NBA. At least probably won't. But that could change. Hard to tell the needs of all 30 teams. Maybe someone likes his length and we don't know it. And if he makes a huge jump, he will make the NBA and have a nice run. This will happen in either 2017, 2018 or possibly 2019, but my guess is it's either 2017 or 2018, possibly 2019 latest. Again, this is based upon reasonable improvement and him adding some bulk. - and if he doesn't improve and/or add some bulk, this could change.

But this is a Bryce Harper thread. Although that could change ...

“I'm not going to run into the wall, plain and simple,” Harper said. “Got as close as I could and put my glove out and (the ball) nicked off it. Things happen. I'm not going to do it again - run into a wall - and I'm not playing for another year and not feeling healthy. I'd rather be in the lineup every day. That's just not going to happen.”

Pretty gutless comment. That catch would've avoided the sweep for the Nationals.

Might be time for Papelbomb to choke the life out of him again.

Bridges has a chance to play in the NBA. Maybe next year, maybe the following, if not after his senior year. Of course that could change. He is probably a bench player right now, but if he gets better and improves , maybe more than that. If he starts down the road, he may not be an all star, unless he really makes a jump, then it could happen. This is all of course contingent on him improving the next year, two years plus. If he doesn't, then he still has a nice career elsewhere playing basketball.

So , just to be clear and you have something to hold me to, he might make the NBA if he improves. If he doesn't improve, he might not make the NBA. If he improves a lot, and makes it, he may be a starter somewhere - unless he doesn't improve enough then he probably has a year or two as a spot reserve. But if he doesn't improve at all, he won't make the NBA. At least probably won't. But that could change. Hard to tell the needs of all 30 teams. Maybe someone likes his length and we don't know it. And if he makes a huge jump, he will make the NBA and have a nice run. This will happen in either 2017, 2018 or possibly 2019, but my guess is it's either 2017 or 2018, possibly 2019 latest. Again, this is based upon reasonable improvement and him adding some bulk. - and if he doesn't improve and/or add some bulk, this could change.

But this is a Bryce Harper thread. Although that could change ...

A dick-headed reply from a known dickhead, who thinks he's funny. And I have never written anything like that in my life when it comes to analyzing a player.

I don't want anything to hold you to. I just think we should all play be the same rules. If you have no opinion or you're not sure, then just say so. I think most reasonable people could live with that.

A dick-headed reply from a known dickhead, who thinks he's funny. And I have never written anything like that in my life when it comes to analyzing a player.

I don't want anything to hold you to. I just think we should all play be the same rules. If you have no opinion or you're not sure, then just say so. I think most reasonable people could live with that.

Sure you didn't. I guess everyone has been calling you out on this recently for no reason. I may adopt this though - it's fairly fool proof. And I like the ring of WcHedge87 as a new handle.

Sure you didn't. I guess everyone has been calling you out on this recently for no reason. I may adopt this though - it's fairly fool proof. And I like the ring of WcHedge87 as a new handle.

Produce a post that I've made that resembles what you wrote. Please, do it.....I'll wait.

You'd be better off as #NoNeedForDmilOrAnarchyAsDickheadIsSuffice.com

"Everyone" --- Learned that from TJC, probably. YAWN.COM

Would have thought this pissing contest wouldn't of started until the dog days of August. We still are NFC's, right?

Reactions: LizReed
Gave it a year or so to see your skin might have thickened up a bit. Might have to wait another couple years I guess.

Gave it a year or so to see your skin might have thickened up a bit. Might have to wait another couple years I guess.

My replies to you are similar to your replies to me. Not sure why I need to get thicker skin.

Put that aside, tho. Moving forward I'd like to engage in civil conversations if you're interested. Your call.

You know, not every other post has to be CoP, 4-for-4'er, Bursian, expectations manager, etc, etc, etc...

Turn it around? Nah, that ship has sailed. I'm not expecting any miracles, but I'm not going to waste any time blasting on his way out the door. I appreciate the good years and what he meant to the franchise.
So we can't blast a crappy plan before it fails (Bynum trade), while its failing (Hinkie) or after its failed for 5 straight years (Howard)? This is starting to sound like unmitigated brightsiding across the CoP sports landscape.

So we can't blast a crappy plan before it fails (Bynum trade), while its failing (Hinkie) or after its failed for 5 straight years (Howard)? This is starting to sound like unmitigated brightsiding across the CoP sports landscape.

No, you can blast it. No one ever said you couldn't.

Concerning Howard, I'm just not going to blast him in his final days. But that's just me. You do whatever makes you happy.

Thank you for sharing something you won't be doing. We all know that is a pretty big list to chose from.

And why would that bother you?

Booing players, blasting players, ripping management on a daily basis is just a waste of time to me. Say it once and move on.

As a fan, I have little control, so when moves are made and decisions happen I just choose to hope for the best and to give them a chance. Being skeptical about every thing is pointless to me.

But by all means, be the type of fan you want to be. I just don't understand why my methods are worthy of criticism at every turn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT