ADVERTISEMENT

B. Harper???

And why would that bother you?

Booing players, blasting players, ripping management on a daily basis is just a waste of time to me. Say it once and move on.

But by all means, be the type of fan you want to be. I just don't understand why my methods are worthy of criticism at every turn.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa; you're the jerkoff with rules of "fandom". You care, you really care.

Reactions: NickleDimer
You're the one criticizing my method of fandom (not ignoring that Ryan Howard is a big fat sack of nothing), no?

Actually, I agree with you. He's bad and hasn't been good for awhile.

I'm well aware of how you feel and I'm not even suggesting that you're wrong because you're not.

He was dominant at one time. I appreciate that. I appreciate that he was an intricate member of arguably the greatest Phillies' era ever. I'm also happy that since he's still here that he was able to help them win a handful of games so far. I know this team will be lucky to win 75 games and not much is expected, but it's still nice to sit down on an otherwise boring April night and watch a win. That's all.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa; you're the jerkoff with rules of "fandom". You care, you really care.

Two totally different things, bro.

If you're a fan do whatever the f*ck you want. If that means being a critical, miserable dude most of the time, then knock yourself out. Release that frustration if you're so inclined.

What you're referring to is my geography rules of fandom. Not that same thing, homey.

You can be critical after every pitch for all I care. Just don't wait six years and two generational #1 picks to start running around the dining room table.

Just watched Harper ground out meekly to the pitcher. Not impressed.

Has to be a bust. He just struck out looking with a man in scoring position.

Nats just signed Strasburg to a 7 yr $175 million extension. Wow. Teddy wants to win and made a bigger laminated card. Holy Smokes. Max, Strasburg, Giolito next 7 years.

Nats just signed Strasburg to a 7 yr $175 million extension. Wow. Teddy wants to win and made a bigger laminated card. Holy Smokes. Max, Strasburg, Giolito next 7 years.

Nats will be prohibitive favorites to win the Paper Championship for at least the next 3 years, if not 4.

Reactions: lowry99
Daniel Murphy was a massive upgrade over Ian Desmond. Especially at 3 yrs. and 36.

Daniel Murphy was a massive upgrade over Ian Desmond. Especially at 3 yrs. and 36.

I've always thought some Mets' fans were way too hard on this guy. He's been putting forth professional ABs for some time now. And I agree, an upgrade over Desmond.

Good signing for both. SS would have been best pitcher on market this summer, so he probably could have made more. Still, getting 25/26 mil a year for 7 isn't too shabby. Also, I think he has opt out ability after years 3 and 4. I'm sure the team will be deferring a portion of this, too.

3/36 is very reasonable for Murphy. Get two good years out of it and you're happy with the signing in total.

3/36 is very reasonable for Murphy. Get two good years out of it and you're happy with the signing in total.
Murphy just turned 31. No reason to think he can't play two more years at high level.

Murph is a likable guy (other than the gay hating ) a real solid hitter (although not this good), a below average fielder and baserunner. He's playing well, but at this point, I'd expect it all to come out in the wash and him to play to the back of his card. Definitely a good deal at 36M - that's like free in today's game. Not kidding. Absolutely a manageable bargain. I liked Murph - but he did have a habit of giveth and taketh away, sometimes on the same play.

Murph is playing wildly above any other season he has had. Before this year he was a very very consistent decent player, a .7 something OPS guy basically for 3000 ABs, with not so good fielding. You have to believe that relatively soon the Ted Williams act will cease. That said, good signing, because without Murphy the lineup would be an absolute zero outside of Harper so far this year.

Murph is a likable guy (other than the gay hating ) a real solid hitter (although not this good), a below average fielder and baserunner. He's playing well, but at this point, I'd expect it all to come out in the wash and him to play to the back of his card. Definitely a good deal at 36M - that's like free in today's game. Not kidding. Absolutely a manageable bargain. I liked Murph - but he did have a habit of giveth and taketh away, sometimes on the same play.

Always hit well vs Phils, or so it seemed. Probably swaying my view some.

I always say to buddies who rave about another team's guy (Players not considered a star) and about our guys that seem to get the brunt of criticism, that watching a player day in and day out is much different than occasionally catching a glimpse of someone else. Usually, your guy isn't as bad as people make it sound and the other guy isn't as good as you think. That if you watched the other guy nightly then you'd see the warts more clearly.

Murph is playing wildly above any other season he has had. Before this year he was a very very consistent decent player, a .7 something OPS guy basically for 3000 ABs, with not so good fielding. You have to believe that relatively soon the Ted Williams act will cease. That said, good signing, because without Murphy the lineup would be an absolute zero outside of Harper so far this year.

This might be inaccurate, as I'm going off of some memory, but I thought DM did a lot of the heavy lifting for the Mets in the final couple months last year. And he was excellent in postseason, too.

For the Nats they traded his defense at 2nd for Desmond's defense at SS. Upgrade on defense and his bat at 2nd is better. Turner will be manning short soon. Huge upgrade. Nats comeback from 4-1 to win in a walk off. Bryce got thrown out from dugout (he wasn't even on steps) the AB before the walk off.

For the Nats they traded his defense at 2nd for Desmond's defense at SS. Upgrade on defense and his bat at 2nd is better. Turner will be manning short soon. Huge upgrade. Nats comeback from 4-1 to win in a walk off. Bryce got thrown out from dugout (he wasn't even on steps) the AB before the walk off.

And in walk-off celebration screams f*ck you right at home plate ump and basically into camera.

Yep, gotta love that guy. Umpire an absolute Cheek. He thinks people came to see him.

ADP, what's your take on the pitcher Giolito? Is as good of a prospect as everyone says he is? What's his time table for call up?

I love Harper but he's immature.

i-9acb62e6fb32c632ac2740fb9883ac7f-sportsreporters_1278.jpg

ADP, what's your take on the pitcher Giolito? Is as good of a prospect as everyone says he is? What's his time table for call up?
Do we ever really know with these kids? Having said that, pitchers of his caliber/stuff seem to project. He lives around 97 with what is considered an amazing curveball and a plus change up. Three plus pitches. Top right-handed prospect in baseball and supposed to a surefire stud. He's slated to come up if need be in June so the service year doesn't count. Thus far, they are limiting his innings so he can slide right into the starting rotation. Given how well Gio and Ross are pitching I'm not sure we have a spot for him yet. They might keep him down and use him in the pen come September-Oct. My guess he becomes a lights up late inning guy for the stretch run. Unless we suffer injury or Ross/Gio really drop off. However, he's ready when needed. If he's as good as Ross (I can't believe San Diego traded him) then look out. He's supposed to be much better. I need to see it at the MLB level to believe it. However, he's been the top-rated right-handed pitching prospect for a reason.

Could we see a 1 game suspension for Harper? Not saying he should, but if this was NFL he would be getting a "big fine" envelope for sure.

Could we see a 1 game suspension for Harper? Not saying he should, but if this was NFL he would be getting a "big fine" envelope for sure.
No way. The ump should have been suspended for tossing him. Absolutely ridiculous.

Do we ever really know with these kids? Having said that, pitchers of his caliber/stuff seem to project. He lives around 97 with what is considered an amazing curveball and a plus change up. Three plus pitches. Top right-handed prospect in baseball and supposed to a surefire stud. He's slated to come up if need be in June so the service year doesn't count. Thus far, they are limiting his innings so he can slide right into the starting rotation. Given how well Gio and Ross are pitching I'm not sure we have a spot for him yet. They might keep him down and use him in the pen come September-Oct. My guess he becomes a lights up late inning guy for the stretch run. Unless we suffer injury or Ross/Gio really drop off. However, he's ready when needed. If he's as good as Ross (I can't believe San Diego traded him) then look out. He's supposed to be much better. I need to see it at the MLB level to believe it. However, he's been the top-rated right-handed pitching prospect for a reason.
Can we expect adp to start a daily Nats Minor League report now too?

Reactions: NickleDimer
The called strike three Harper was whining about all game was about 4 or 5 inches inside the k-zone border on replay, can't see how he even thought it was questionable.

The called strike three Harper was whining about all game was about 4 or 5 inches inside the k-zone border on replay, can't see how he even thought it was questionable.
I don't know - the pitch tracks had it as a strike but it did not look like a strike at all. Not as bad as the calls in the Yankees Red Sox game the other day when Ortiz flipped out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT