ADVERTISEMENT

Great article on tankadelphia 76ers

All hell is breaking loose!!

BTW, what is with this love for Boston? Marcus Smart really worked out. You have to draft well for it to mean anything. They just traded for Thomas which is a direct slap in the face to your very high first round pick. Enough with Boston please.

hinkie_witness.png

They were never totally in love with MCW. That was easy to see. They now will almost certainly go for Mulday or Russell with that top 4 pick.

Need to see the return for MCW! What is it? Did not hear McDaniels.

so they are banking on getting Russell in the draft to replace MCW? i love this, its like one giant soap opera.

Originally posted by matty17:

All hell is breaking loose!!

BTW, what is with this love for Boston? Marcus Smart really worked out. You have to draft well for it to mean anything. They just traded for Thomas which is a direct slap in the face to your very high first round pick. Enough with Boston please.
I think they think Smart shouldn't be a PG.

Originally posted by adp98:
DMIL, you must not understand your own posts. You wrote they have been stuck in medocrity for 5 seasons. 5 years ago they lost the NBA Finals in 7 games. They should have won game 7 but chocked away in the last 3 minutes. Two years later they lost to the Champs in the conference Finals in 7. So no, they have not been stuck for 5 years. They tried to win and didn't get it done. Since then Ainge has tore down the roster and just finished the job this season. They have done exactly what they set out to do. Boston is in tank mode. Their current roster resembles a team in tank mode. It makes complete sense if you understand what they are doing.
So you're taking about losing 5 years ago in the final and fast forwarding to today and having an utter mish mash of talent, no alpha dog, no potential of an alpha dog on current roster - but he has a lot of picks. Got it.

Win totals since 2011? 29, 41, 25 - and currently sitting on 20, with an utter mish mash of collected talent. But he seems to have a lot of first round picks lined up. (mostly late 1st considering teams he got them from, sans BKLYN. )

Meanwhile, no one is sure how any of his current roster fits together. (basically the premise of the original post, but whatever). So the Celtics will be pretty terrible for the better part of a decade before anything happens, unless he can lure A. Davis or whoever is jumping in 2016. That's possible of course, because it is a destination city - but who exactly are they coming there to play with? Jared Sullinger? He did fleece NJ. Full marks there.

WTF just happened? Burrs, where are you when we need you.

Again, what is the damn return for MCW. These idiots on NBA TV are talking about everything else except what the 76ers got. It has to be a minimum of at least one first round pick.

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
DMIL, you must not understand your own posts. You wrote they have been stuck in medocrity for 5 seasons. 5 years ago they lost the NBA Finals in 7 games. They should have won game 7 but chocked away in the last 3 minutes. Two years later they lost to the Champs in the conference Finals in 7. So no, they have not been stuck for 5 years. They tried to win and didn't get it done. Since then Ainge has tore down the roster and just finished the job this season. They have done exactly what they set out to do. Boston is in tank mode. Their current roster resembles a team in tank mode. It makes complete sense if you understand what they are doing.
So you're taking about losing 5 years ago in the final and fast forwarding to today and having an utter mish mash of talent, no alpha dog, no potential of an alpha dog on current roster - but he has a lot of picks. Got it.

Win totals since 2011? 29, 41, 25 - and currently sitting on 20, with an utter mish mash of collected talent. But he seems to have a lot of first round picks lined up. (mostly late 1st considering teams he got them from, sans BKLYN. )

Meanwhile, no one is sure how any of his current roster fits together. (basically the premise of the original post, but whatever). So the Celtics will be pretty terrible for the better part of a decade before anything happens, unless he can lure A. Davis or whoever is jumping in 2016. That's possible of course, because it is a destination city - but who exactly are they coming there to play with? Jared Sullinger? He did fleece NJ. Full marks there.
Seriously, you are the worst. You just contradict yourself to argue. Beyond tedious.

They got the Lakers pick the Suns owned. Top 5 proctected this year and top 3 next year.

Also, they had the chance to just take Isiah Thomas and turned it down which allowed Phoenix to get that pick from Boston. Weird move.

Marc Stein
Sixers went from taking on Isaiah Thomas in three-team deal with Milwaukee and Phoenix to letting Suns send him to Boston instead

Sixers get the lakers 2015 1st rd pick that the Suns owned (protected 1-5)

someone posted on espn

2016 draft

Sixers, Sixers, Sixers, Celtics, Sixers, Celtics, Celtics, Lakers, Sixers, Sixers.

Okay. Here goes: The Lakers #1 pick owned by Phoenix comes to the 76ers. It is protected 1-5 this year and only protected 1-3 next season or the season thereafter. Will be a very high pick either this season or most likely next season as the Lakers stink now and will be bad enough to insure a high pick next season.

McDaniels who would have been a restricted free agent goes to Houston for Isaiah Canaan and second rounder.

This right now appears to be the return. Anyone have something else?

Why wouldn't they take Thomas? He's actually a real player who had a team friendly deal. Instead Danny Ainge swoops in and gets a guy he targeted for a year. I didn't love MCW and don't view him as a loss. However, Thomas is a nice player. Don't understand that move at all.

ESPN Trade Special returns from commercial: What is Philly doing? Classic.

So, the 76ers may have FOUR first round picks in 2015 if Ok City finishes better than #18 and the Lakers get unlucky with the ping pong balls and fall out of the top 5. If not, then most likely FOUR picks in 2016 first round.

They now will almost certainly go for Mulday or Russell with that top 4 pick.

false, they will take the best player on the board. not hard to see how they operate

never seen porzingis in a game, but towns is better than okafor (a fat, lazy and slow-footed defender) and everyone else and these other teams are dumb enough to let the sixers get him at 3 or 4. towns is an elite rebounder and rim protector with stretch 4 offense. arguably as good a prospect as embiid

they didn't get anything for mcdaniels, really. guess he didn't want to stick around after this season. decent young player but wings with limited offense aren't exactly like massive oil reserves in value

Why wouldn't they take Thomas? He's actually a real player who had a team friendly deal. Instead Danny Ainge swoops in and gets a guy he targeted for a year. I didn't love MCW and don't view him as a loss. However, Thomas is a nice player. Don't understand that move at all.

ESPN Trade Special returns from commercial: What is Philly doing? Classic.
Because they obviously want Mulday or especially Russell. BTW, these moves almost guarantee the 76ers now finish in the top 3 worst records and maybe the worst. That was not going to happen otherwise because they were winning at home all of a sudden and playing very good defense.

Hinkie is just fking with me. Gotta be.

He didn't really just trade MCW for a Lakers pick that will be mid 1st rd pick next year after the dive into free agency this year.

WTF. I'm dead.

Can't take on Isaiah Thomas. He's actually a good player. He doesn't fit here.

Originally posted by BettyHester:

They now will almost certainly go for Mulday or Russell with that top 4 pick.

false, they will take the best player on the board. not hard to see how they operate

never seen porzingis in a game, but towns is better than okafor (a fat, lazy and slow-footed defender) and everyone else and these other teams are dumb enough to let the sixers get him at 3 or 4. towns is an elite rebounder and rim protector with stretch 4 offense. arguably as good a prospect as embiid

they didn't get anything for mcdaniels, really. guess he didn't want to stick around after this season. decent young player but wings with limited offense aren't exactly like massive oil reserves in value
I love Towns but who the hell is your young point guard of the future?

OKC get much needed depth by trading away two players they didn't want.

Miami now has one of the best starting 5 when healthy.

Phoenix surrendering in the West?

Everything else...YAWN

Miami improving now guarantees the 76ers will get that first round pick in 2015.

Originally posted by gldendog:
Hinkie is just fking with me. Gotta be.

He didn't really just trade MCW for a Lakers pick that will be mid 1st rd pick next year after the dive into free agency this year.

WTF. I'm dead.

Can't take on Isaiah Thomas. He's actually a good player. He doesn't fit here.
betting on the lakers to be good next year is like betting on you to say something thoughtful

carter-williams looks extremely annoying and is a terrible shooter from everywhere on the floor. lakers are going to make the playoffs in the west next year? with who? pick is top 5 protected this year and top 3 protected next year. for a guy who isn't a top 20 nba point guard. yeah what a terrible move

the guy who was the youngest euroleague player of the month ever until saric is currently in the bulls' rotation. i'm not sure mcdermott has scored in 2015

the mcdaniels thing is kind of lame but his mom is gone now

i don't know if the thunder have improved enough for the sixers to get that pick, but dragic gets the heat out of lottery contention

embiid + towns = furious masturbation. they would be a top 4 seed in the east with canaan at point guard

celtics have more picks than the sixers but the closest thing they have to a real human asset is smart, who isn't as good as noel, who isn't as good as embiid

covington is better than mcdaniels and i think grant--who was strictly a post last year at syracuse--has as much upside

celtics have more picks than the sixers but the closest thing they have to a real human asset is smart, who isn't as good as noel, who isn't as good as embiid

covington is better than mcdaniels and i think grant--who was strictly a post last year at syracuse--has as much upside
Johnny, great to have you back. BTW, you were right on Wiggins. He looks great.

The McDaniels trade made me really mad but I'm assuming it was because he told the team he wouldn't want to resign. Still, that's Hinkie's fault for offering him that terrible contract in the first place. Lesson in humility for Hinkie I hope.

As for MCW - bottom 15 point guard without a doubt. If some
Lotto balls bounce right it can be a much better player. Shooting wasn't getting better - wish him the best he played hard.

WTF just happened? Burrs, where are you when we need you.
I was leaving school and on way home.

There will be no comment at this time. I need time to process what just happened.

unfortunately i was way off on kentucky--they really miss randle and young
Really looks that way. Too bad Calipari can't blend all that talent.

mcdaniels is really a blip in the grand scheme of getting okc's 2016 1st for nothing and a lottery pick for carter-williams. and canaan is a reasonably decent 3 point shooting 1 who fits what they want to do

wonder if mcgee actually takes the floor for them

Originally posted by NorCalVU10:

Phoenix surrendering in the West?
dragic put them in a tough spot so they had to do that, but i don't understand trading away that lakers pick and plumlee for brandon knight, who is bigger than thomas but not as good

McGee is a freak athlete and an interesting player but has baggage. My guess based on Hinke's history is that the 76ers buy him out and he does not take the floor. The other scenario is you pay the rest of the salary this season and put him on the floor and maybe move him in the summer for "more assets."

The Lakers don't have to be "good" next year for that pick to not be worth MCW. They have already said they're going out and signing free agents this offseason. They win 35 games and they're picking like 11-12-13th or something. You gonna get a player there better than MCW? Good luck.

Obviously they like Mudiay or Russell better than MCW and that's fine but there's a chance they just parlayed MCW into jacksh*t. He may not be a star but he's going to be a good pro and it's laughable to assume he's done rounding out his game. He's 22 or 23 yrs old.

You don't have to be on board with every Hinkie move but it's obvious that's your schtick. This is questionable at best.

dont the sixers have to spend like 19M to meet the min cap limit or be fined? is that why they wanted McGee to go with the picks?

Burrs that is a question not a comment, dont bite my head off.

so when will the Sixers actually put a decent team out there?

seemingly all they keep doing is trading stuff for future picks every season

Originally posted by LizReed:

Was MCW a Hinkle pick?
Yes. So he hit on the one and flipped him for what should be a higher pick (he was the 11th pick in the draft). I don't like MCW even a little but you have to wonder if he gets a better player next time around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT