ADVERTISEMENT

Hockey Playoffs

My heart weeps for you and your 25 seasons in a row making the playoffs and winning 4 Cups.
I've only been a Wings fan for about 7 or 8 years (moved to MI and met my wife who is a Wings fan) primarily because of watching Datsyuk.

Last edited:
I've only been a Wings fan for about 7 or 8 years (moved to MI and met my wife who is a Wings fan) primarily because of watching Datsyuk.

So, you're saying you gradually became fan upon arriving? Proper way to do it. Not wait six years and have a couple of generational picks to fall into their laps. Cap tip. Approved!

So, you're saying you gradually became fan upon arriving? Proper way to do it. Not wait six years and have a couple of generational picks to fall into their laps. Cap tip. Approved!
So you don't have to switch once you move but you're allowed 6 years to gradually become a fan due to watching generational superstars. Methinks someone has confused their rules. Liz reed used to be a flyer fan.

Adp, I'm not the one who claimed "fact" about the Harper jerseys, that was you. I just asked a question about the standard used to establish said fact.

And then you answer with a misspelled "shine box" line.......... Not what I expect from a poster of such esteemed reputation.

So you don't have to switch once you move but you're allowed 6 years to gradually become a fan due to watching generational superstars. Methinks someone has confused their rules. Liz reed used to be a flyer fan.

Nah. I'm far from confused. Maybe, I misunderstood Liz's story. That's possible.

To me, it sounded like Liz moved to MI and met his wife (A Wing's fan) and became a fan in the early stages of his arrival. Sounds like he's still living there. Acceptable. Waiting to their good. Not acceptable. Rules are easy to follow along. Get the manual.

About a good a reason as any. Very few player I have enjoyed watching more than him the last 10 years or so. A different level hockey brain and his play should be studied and taught in hockey school. I feel cheated by the recent injuries.

Grew up playing non-Armenian street hockey on the mean streets of Chester Springs, PA. Followed the Flyers in the Kerr/Howe/Propp days and then the Lindros/LeClair days. Didn't follow hockey for a while and moved to MI. Picked up the RedWings and a Datsyuk addiction. Not a die-hard Red Wings fan by any stretch. They help pass the winter months.

Back on topic. Datsyuk gave a damn. And hopefully gives a damn for one more year.

Reactions: ericw
Our summer before senior year Flyers vs. Wings in the Cup Final = Flyer fan.
When does he move to Michigan? If memory serves he's been there for at least 10-12 years, longer?

wonder what crazy move the Rangers will pull out of their ass this summer?

they have no cap space (with some key young players to sign) and no high draft picks. again.

wonder what crazy move the Rangers will pull out of their ass this summer?

they have no cap space (with some key young players to sign) and no high draft picks. again.

There isn't much they can do. Other than try and pull some pretty significant trades and try and retool. I don't see that though. Might be a tough few years. Nice run. Tough to not finish but what can you do.

There isn't much they can do. Other than try and pull some pretty significant trades and try and retool. I don't see that though. Might be a tough few years. Nice run. Tough to not finish but what can you do.
Tank for 5 years and be the laughing stock of the league and defend every move that the ownership makes.

Reactions: tomjackleman
Are the Flyers seriously leading this game? Good Christ I've never seen a team dominate more than this and be losing the game. Flyers goal was pure trash. Shots are 38-8. Nuevirth playing out of his SKULL.

The most improbable Flyers' win ever. It was 20-on-1. 63-17 counting actual shots/blocked shots.

The Fkyers' goal was going 6 feet wide and hit a Caps' skate.

You have to love when the goofiness favors your team.

The Flyers could literally do nothing. Looked like they were skating in quicksand.

It may very well finish 5-1, but the caps are far from toying with them. Sloppy ice helped the flyers tonight.

Yikes.
The Capitals are 3-9 in Game 5s when they have a 3-1 series lead.

Double yikes.
The Capitals are 1-8 in their last nine games in which they could have eliminated their playoff opponent.

There's a recipe to the playoff comeback. Flyers have fulfilled the "letdown game" and the "goalie plays out of his mind" game. If they can get the "multiple-OT heartbreaker" win tomorrow, sit back and enjoy the Washington collapse in game 7.

King Henrik.

Goofy sport. Truly. Lundvqist keeps getting shelled. Nuevirth looks like Hasek. Flyers winning games
with zero offense and goals off defenders skates and backs. Think Flyers have 5 actual goals in 5 games. Yet are knocking on the door of a Game 7.

There's a recipe to the playoff comeback. Flyers have fulfilled the "letdown game" and the "goalie plays out of his mind" game. If they can get the "multiple-OT heartbreaker" win tomorrow, sit back and enjoy the Washington collapse in game 7.
The last multiple OT playoff game I was at was in 2008 when Mike Knuble scored to beat Caps in double OT. I'm going to the game tomorrow so I'd take a repeat.

Reactions: YourBuddyRayhad
the thing that always bothered me with Lundqvist is he never takes blame. Whether the goals you allow are your fault or not, you don't throw your team under the bus. He has done this countless times in his career. He also stares down his DMen when a goal happens quite often

I am sure DMill will run to his aid and tell me this isnt true but a few of my Ranger fan friends even say the same thing

Washington really is the better team from top to bottom. The Flyers could have played 9 periods today and not scored

Agreed. Flyers really never had anything going today, they would have needed a fluke goal to win.

Either way - looking back this season was more successful than anyone would have guessed. Looking forward to the future.

Gdog,

Did you bet many units on each playoff series thinking at least one would result in a sweep? You said you do that every year. I brought evidence last year that, if true, you haven't been winning money consistently as you claimed. I just want to set the record straight if you did it this year so next year we can be on the same page.

the thing that always bothered me with Lundqvist is he never takes blame. Whether the goals you allow are your fault or not, you don't throw your team under the bus. He has done this countless times in his career. He also stares down his DMen when a goal happens quite often

I am sure DMill will run to his aid and tell me this isnt true but a few of my Ranger fan friends even say the same thing

First thing he said was they he was outplayed in goal. But I do like the 'I have gay friends' Curt Schilling qualifier you used.

“I think we played a team that was smarter, better — and [got] better goaltending,” Lundqvist said.

“In the second period, it was a feeling of embarrassment to give up that many goals,” he said, having surrendered four goals in the disastrous second, six total on 23 shots through 40 minutes. “But also a sense of hopelessness, not being able to come up with saves.”

Really threw them under the bus boy. What an Cheek.

if you can tell me with a straight face that Lundqvist isn't a diva, I can't take your opinion seriously, sorry.

he GLARES at his DMan almost every time he gives up a goal. he always throws his team in the bus (subtly).

I figured you would defend him, and thats fine. but just know that this happens a lot.

Gdog,

Did you bet many units on each playoff series thinking at least one would result in a sweep? You said you do that every year. I brought evidence last year that, if true, you haven't been winning money consistently as you claimed. I just want to set the record straight if you did it this year so next year we can be on the same page.

Negative.

So you say he blames the team every time, and never hold himself accountable , then his quotes clearly put it on himself, and hold himef accountable , now you change the conversation to diva.

Do I have that right?

Great third period just ended in Minnesota. Dallas advances by millimeters, staving off a rally from 4-0.

Hawks Blues tomorrow night should be a great game. Feels like STL is due for some good fortune.

So you say he blames the team every time, and never hold himself accountable , then his quotes clearly put it on himself, and hold himef accountable , now you change the conversation to diva.

Do I have that right?

A) I never said he does it every time
B) you brought up one quote.

I think it says here you said he NEVER takes the blame. Never is a word burrs tells me is a no no . You just used it, were refuted instantly, and now back tracking. Face it, Lundqvist is a guy you haven't liked since he owned Marty head to head. It's ok. I'm not exactly Mr. Lundqvist. I like him - he's consistent, he's competitive, he doesn't miss a lot of games, he keeps his nose clean and he's front and center on endless charity. Know dozen or so who have met him, not a bad word among them. They rarely lose because of the guy. But I don't sit up at night ordering my Lundqvist jerseys. You can nit pick on him. It doesn't bother me really. But just make sure your facts are actually facts and not some made up bullshit you THINK is real but actually not the case.

I was not expecting much of anything with this years version. They were flawed all year and just about everything that made them fun to watch and good these last five years was pretty much absent or at best uneven this year. It's fine by me. The NC is a helluva good way to soften an early exit. We'll see how the champs do tomorrow - three teams have played a helluva lot these last 4 years - Kings, Rangers and Hawks - two are done early. See how Chicago does tomorow. Rangers best attribute this entire run has been their D. It's what faltered first this years. Need some changes there. Actually like Jeff Gorton, but he's got some work ahead.

Helluva play by Tavaras to advance. Their first series win in 23 years !?!!. Time flies man.

Lundqvist 'owned' Marty head to head, huh?

how about that series in 2012 where a ~40 year old Marty beat him? or how about 2006 where Marty and the Devils swept your beloved "blue shirts?"

its hilarious to me that you can't have a discussion without bringing up the Devils. I made no mention of them. I realize the Devils currently stink. that doesn't change the fact that Hank is a diva.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT