ADVERTISEMENT

New NBA Playoff Thread (NO 76ers Talk!)

Cap tip to the Raptors. Showed a ton of heart knotting this series up.

Lowry and DeRozan phenomenal last 2 games. Just cooking cats on the perimeter.

Cavs still win series.

Toronto can win ugly. When they shoot it well, they are a really hard team to beat. Such a likable team. It's a shame people listened to talking heads and havent watched them play.

This is stunning. Cap tip. Cavs will win the next two but go kyle.

All the Olympic team has to do is defend like they give a damn and the will be fine. Kyrie doesn't seem capable of that. Pretty much the reason this Cavs series is tied.

Thought it was ok, always the underdog (got drafted 24th as a Sophomore) narrative doesn't really work.

Lowry was the best player on the floor last night and arguably the game before as well. I am so happy for him after the idiot pundits killed him after game 2. Cavs will almost certainly win the series but they are not the unbeatable Juggernaut that the national guys said they were. Even during the Cavs two wins in game 1 and 2, they fell all over themselves about the Cavs and failed to mention that the Raptors were playing shorthanded while the Cavs were rested and healthy.

Warriors getting absolutely TORCHED in the paint. COOKED. Layup line.

Question for those who watch more NBA--do the Warriors even win last year's final if Irving and Love weren't out? Needed peak Iguodala to beat one man Cavs last year. Take that away and it's a team that just won a lot of meaningless regular season games.

The Warriors and Curry hype was getting out of hand, kind of glad to see it unwind a bit. Liked watching both GS and OKC.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Question for those who watch more NBA--do the Warriors even win last year's final if Irving and Love weren't out? Needed peak Iguodala to beat one man Cavs last year. Take that away and it's a team that just won a lot of meaningless regular season games.

The Warriors and Curry hype was getting out of hand, kind of glad to see it unwind a bit. Liked watching both GS and OKC.

Golden St definitely loses to a healthy Cavs team last year.

How can you make that statement? Crazy. Cavs never jelled with Love last year. Golden State rolled for two straight years and Curry is not 100%. At best, Warriors were favorites in that series. It took the Cavs a while to figure it out and they are now locked in a 2-2 with a crappy Toronto team. Cavs get hit in the mouth and they haven't responded. Warriors were the best team last year and this year. They aren't playing the best now and Thunder might win it all.

Last edited:
How can you make that statement? Crazy. Cavs never jelled with Love last year. Golden State rolled for two straight years and Curry is not 100%. At best, Warriors were favorites in that series. It took the Cavs a while to figure it out and they are now locked in a 2-2 with a crappy Toronto team. Cavs get hit in the mouth and they haven't responded. Warriors were the best team last year and this year. They aren't playing the best now and Thunder might win it all.

Not having Kyrie against the Warriors was a killer.

Missing Kyrie hurt, but he still only plays on one end of the court. Love hasn't played the last 2 4th quarters against the raptors. Warriors still beat them last year.

If this Thunder team keeps it up, I think they sweep the Cavs. Thunder are essentially a much better version of the Raptors.

Missing Kyrie hurt, but he still only plays on one end of the court. Love hasn't played the last 2 4th quarters against the raptors. Warriors still beat them last year.

If this Thunder team keeps it up, I think they sweep the Cavs. Thunder are essentially a much better version of the Raptors.

I understand he's an offense only player. I also understand Dellavadova can't be your 3rd scoring option against the Warriors.

Cleveland is not getting swept in the finals. Not even close. Don't be bamboozled by these last 2 games.

Still think the finals are a toss up.

OKC is rolling right now. They basically have no lulls anymore. They were smoked in GM 1 vs SA, then won the second game. Really haven't looked back since then. Finally, decided to defend a little and 4th QT meltdowns, that were so prevalent in the past (This year included) haven't resurfaced. At the moment it appears that GS has no answers. OKC's crowd has been tremendous. Durant/Westbrook performing like Top 5 players.

If GS can win the next game then they'll have a chance to play one A-level game in OKC. That's what it will take to get it back to GS for a GM 7.

I can see Ish Smith developing into a Russell Westbrook type player.

I assume you mean a very poor man's, sleeping on the street version of Russel Westbrook. He was a transcendant talent in his year at UCLA and has been building on it. Ish Smith has been cut a couple times in the last year or so. Hopefully the Sixers can get a guard with some more pedigree for their ascendancy.

Cleveland is not getting swept in the finals. Not even close. Don't be bamboozled by these last 2 games.

Still think the finals are a toss up.

This. Cavs were on autopilot and surprised by a frenzy and resurgent Kyle in the North. Admirable, but won't last.

Also, don't understand injured Steph Curry as an excuse for GS. Maybe his being healthy last year was the exception? Has battled injuries his whole career. Happens when you are a very slightly built player who actually goes all out in regular season games, and only sat out when actually hurt.

Teams like the Spurs sit guys out just to rest them. F--- the fans who buy the RS tickets, it's about the playoffs. Warriors shot their load on the RS this year.

I assume you mean a very poor man's, sleeping on the street version of Russel Westbrook. He was a transcendant talent in his year at UCLA and has been building on it. Ish Smith has been cut a couple times in the last year or so. Hopefully the Sixers can get a guard with some more pedigree for their ascendancy.
I just see Russ as Jodie Meeks with a better supporting cast.

53beb048d547558a0d7364a9_guy-fieri.gif

The Warriors are asking Green to play far too much center in this series. It's not working because OKC's bigs are tough at the rim, and Westbrook is baking these guys on the perimeter and they're getting free reign into the lane for layups.

Anyone pointing to the quest for 73 is clueless. They just played their 15th game since Apr 16. I don't think anyone is pointing to Curry's health, at least not in the Warriors camp.

Cavs are on cruise control? Are we sure they even have a next gear? Their defense has been terrible all playoffs and against players not name Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Missing kyrie was huge but that doesn't mean they beat the Warriors last year. It means they could have won.

The resurgent Raptors is just as much about DeRozan as it is with Kyle. They need both to be exceptional to win at this stage and they have been in the last two games. They looked buried in the first two games and somehow recaptured that RS momentum. We'll see if they can find similar energy on the road tonight.

I'll eat my shoe if OKC wins Game 5 or 7. I think the Warriors win tomorrow and if they can take game 6 they win the series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT