ADVERTISEMENT

New NBA Playoff Thread (NO 76ers Talk!)

Golden St got RIPPED in both those games in OKC. But all it takes is one game where Curry goes off. I do think GS at least forces Game 6 but I can't pick them to win in OKC the way they've gotten handled there.

GS might want to think about defense here one of these days. Jesus. One of the most passive displays I've seen in a playoff series.

GS might want to think about defense here one of these days. Jesus. One of the most passive displays I've seen in a playoff series.

It's from playing the small lineup, more than anything else. You're not gonna defend good teams in the paint playing Draymond in the middle.

Small ball has been the key to Golden State's success. They simply ran into the a team that after struggling to find an answer figured it out because they are the personnel to do it. Specifically, Durant has become a very important player defensively. OKC has abandoned their big line-up (Burrs, not this fact) and gone small and been able to crush Golden State. Something no other team in the NBA had been able to do up to this point. It's not because of Green on D. It's because of Durant and what the Thunder are doing defensively. They have been able to keep Golden State out of transition while having their defense lead to offense and fast break points. Been an amazing development.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
as a simply casual NBA fan, I think a OKC-Toronto NBA Finals would be pretty cool

I am sure that would be not a good thing ratings-wise, though

It's from playing the small lineup, more than anything else. You're not gonna defend good teams in the paint playing Draymond in the middle.

Not convinced that's it. They have been able to handle all kinds of D, and they usually are solid around around defending. They are not active at all in this series. OKC's intensity is 2 levels higher on every possession. Strange for team that's been this good all year.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
Not convinced that's it. They have been able to handle all kinds of D, and they usually are solid around around defending. They are not active at all in this series. OKC's intensity is 2 levels higher on every possession. Strange for team that's been this good all year.

Sort of agree with this. They look a bit gassed. And why I think getting/going for the record may have took something out of them.

It amazing how the level of play from individuals changes from home to away.

The Thunder are absolutely cooked, by the way. Zero chance they recover mentally enough to go win in that building again. Done.

Curry, Westbrook, Irving, and Conley (Is he hurt?) still on list. I doubt they keep more than 3 PGs. Tho, I'm not sure if they have in the past. Yes, if dudes start getting hurt or dropping off, then I think he'd be on a short list of considerations.

Exactly what happened.

But congrats to Lowry. It's a great honor.

There are a lot of factors that go into assembling this team. They just don't take the 12 best players. Also, they consider future Olympic teams, too. This is where someone like Kyke gets hurt. He's already 30. When the next Olympics come rolling around he'll be 34 and more than likely on the decline. Players like Wall, Irving, and Lilliard are young and will still be in their prime in the next go-around.

Excluding Paul my list would be....

Curry
Westbrook
Irving/Lillard
Wall
Lowry
Conley

Conley is the least dynamic of the group, but he's also a pure PG that probably won't hunt shots. I'm sure that's why he's being considered.

Wall has made 3 straight AS games, made a 2nd team all-defense, and was one of three PGs to eclipse 10+ apg this year.

Curry and Westbrook are playmakers, too.
Painful

Isn't Kyle considered to be a better player than Mike Conley?

He could be, but he wasn't on the initial 30 list and Conley was. It's not always about just taking the 12 best. They look at age, experience, will/can they play in future Olympics, fit on a particular team, etc.

I see the blocked crew responding in this thread. Can only imagine what's being said.

Lowry is a terrific player, but wasn't on USA basketball's final list. It's a fact. Now, no one wants to go and he's asked to play. Ohh, just like I said back when the first discussion started. Not hard to understand. When the best decline they need to look further down the list. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to understand it.

Reactions: NickleDimer
I see the blocked crew responding in this thread. Can only imagine what's being said.

Lowry is a terrific player, but wasn't on USA basketball's final list. It's a fact. Now, no one wants to go and he's asked to play. Ohh, just like I said back when the first discussion started. Not hard to understand. When the best decline they need to look further down the list. You don't need to be a brain surgeon to understand it.
debbie-downer.png

Perfect burrs. We can't have anything nice. Kyle didn't earn it, he was just the only one willing to go. Hall of fame worthy!

He's still upset that the US boycotted the Olympics the year a La Salle player made the team.
Rightfully so.

In May, WCB85 actually said that the 2x all star starter, 3rd team all NBA, Dream Team member, most popular man-not-named-Drake in Canada, was not as good as Jameer Nelson or Eddie Jones. This has gotta sting. Not many more feathers Kyle can put in his cap. Next up is getting some help in Toronto and bringing a trophy to Canada.

Gr8 point, tmj. Who was the last Big5er on a DREAM TEAM? Probably Paul Arizin or someone who played when CCNY ruled college hoops.
Never happened before. Kyle breaking down barriers, and just got some help in Poeltl. Look out NBA!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT