ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando massacre

The long and short of it comes down to separating Islam from terrorism itself... This pissed off bin Laden particularly - said it killed recruiting. Not giving them credit for being Islamic makes their crusade far less attractive. His words.

Bump for this quote. This is just too good. Sdhusky Calhoun-thug-slinking-away good.

All the way down to "the long and short of it" beginning, and ending with "his words."

Vietnam is a third world country, but I will never have to worry about some psycho shooting up a bunch of people with an assault rifle here.

There is absolutely zero reason for any civilian to own an AR-15.

Did you bother to read about that? No. You didn't. It's ok. I dint expect you to. Your point, assuming you actually have one, is that there is some sport of political correctness behind 2 administrations not using the term you feel is so important to use. Political correctness has literally nothing to do with why Bush nor Obama did not use the term Islamic terrorist. It's not terribly difficult to find out what is the reason. Spend a few minutes. Read a few books maybe. It actually makes perfect sense.

I did stellar work trolling the first 10 messages or so until the usual dicks chimed in and started a pissing match to ruin this thread. I missed Adp's insight though. Guess he was busy bouncing quarters all day.

So if we're supposed to separate Islam from the terrorists, where are the Islamic leaders pushing this agenda (i mean besides Barry)?

Reactions: tjc3844
So if we're supposed to separate Islam from the terrorists, where are the Islamic leaders pushing this agenda (i mean besides Barry)?
Prez Obysmal on TV now dancing around and still refusing to call it "radical Islamic terrorism." His actual words were "we still don't know the motivation of the gunman." HELLO? He must be back to smoking weed like his college days because he can't possibly be that disconnected from reality!

You must be kind of in a tough spot here. With your extreme right wing views and your private orientation.
He will duck this comment. No one does it better.
GenerousCoolAmericanlobster.gif

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
How awful if this is how a closeted gay is outed? Double whammy for the parents that get that phone call.

List of the 30 deadliest mass shootings in the US - how many are Mooslims?

Events: 50 killed – June 12, 2016 – Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Florida. Omar Saddiqui Mateen, 29, shoots 50 people to death inside Pulse, a gay nightclub. Police shot and killed Mateen after he briefly held some people hostage.

32 killed – April 16, 2007 – Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, Virginia. A gunman, 23-year-old student Seung-Hui Cho, goes on a shooting spree killing 32 people in two locations and wounds an undetermined number of others on campus. The shooter, Seung-Hui Cho then commits suicide.

27 killed – December 14, 2012 – Sandy Hook Elementary School – Newtown, Connecticut. Adam Lanza, 20, guns down 20 children, ages six and seven, and six adults, school staff and faculty, before turning the gun on himself. Investigating police later find Nancy Lanza, Adam’s mother, dead from a gunshot wound. The final count is 28 dead, including the shooter.

23 killed – October 16, 1991 – In Killeen, Texas, 35-year-old George Hennard crashes his pickup truck through the wall of a Lubys Cafeteria. After exiting the truck, Hennard shoots and kills 23 people. He then commits suicide.

21 killed – July 18, 1984 – In San Ysidro, California, 41-year-old James Huberty, armed with a long-barreled Uzi, a pump-action shotgun and a handgun shoots and kills 21 adults and children at a local McDonalds. A police sharpshooter kills Huberty one hour after the rampage begins.

18 killed – August 1, 1966 – In Austin, Texas, Charles Joseph Whitman, a former U.S. Marine, kills 16 and wounds at least 30 while shooting from a University of Texas tower. Police officers Ramiro Martinez and Houston McCoy shoot and kill Whitman in the tower. Whitman had also killed his mother and wife earlier in the day.

14 killed – December 2, 2015 – Married couple Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik open fire on an employee gathering taking place at Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, killing 14 people.

so wait, you've got a top 30 list that covers about 50 years, and Nos. 1 and 7 happened in the last 7 months and are clearly connected to Islamic terrorist efforts, but nothing to see here, move it along? Ok, got it.

so wait, you've got a top 30 list that covers about 50 years, and Nos. 1 and 7 happened in the last 7 months and are clearly connected to Islamic terrorist efforts, but nothing to see here, move it along? Ok, got it.

I taught S.S. this year. About half time we covered the curriculum. The other half was current events. We looked at and discussed a wide range of stories. The only four that dealt with mass killings were: Paris, San Bernadino, Brussells, and Orlando. All have what in common?

Well there have been over 900 mass shootings since Sandy Hook - this is just a most deadly top 30... So, ok got it ..

Question : you think Isis is some kind of greater threat to the US than these other wackos ?

Well there have been over 900 mass shootings since Sandy Hook - this is just a most deadly top 30... So, ok got it ..

Question : you think Isis is some kind of greater threat to the US than these other wackos ?

how many of those are "inner city" crime though?

Maybe not just Isis but jihadists generally, yes, based on recent returns at home and abroad over the last year I'd say the threat of Islamist-inspired mass shooters to individual U.S. citizens is greater than that of random wackos like the Sandy Hook, Texas tower shooter or Columbine a-holes. They seem far more motivated and "successful" than the others on your list overall, especially given this is a more recent pheonomenon being pushed by the jihadists.

Difference between wackos and ISIS.... ISIS is a group, wackos are singular incidents and typically do not have correlation to a larger group or trend. We've tried to bucket the wacko's under mental health or gun control issues but we know what ISIS is and what they are trying to do.

People lose their shit over mass shootings because of the shock value of a big hit at once. "Oh my God!!! 50 people at once". Meanwhile that's a 2 weekend total in Chicago. No one cares about that though.

Reactions: Novacatt94
So what can you do? Serious question. Once you get past what we're calling them, and the entire thing is ridiculous, what can you do? You cannot stop this stuff. Maybe it's working where I do but I'm somewhat numb to it. I struggle to find an actual solution to these types of events.

Maybe not just Isis but jihadists generally, yes, based on recent returns at home and abroad over the last year I'd say the threat of Islamist-inspired mass shooters to individual U.S. citizens is greater than that of random wackos like the Sandy Hook, Texas tower shooter or Columbine a-holes. They seem far more motivated and "successful" than the others on your list overall, especially given this is a more recent pheonomenon being pushed by the jihadists.

Statistically you are very far off. It's not even close. And while this guy claimed ISIS - he's basically a lone wolf too. Just a different kind. Isis appears to have had zero knowledge of this prior to the incident. Perhaps though if the president used the term Islamic radical terrorist, we could cut down on this happening.

So what can you do? Serious question. Once you get past what we're calling them, and the entire thing is ridiculous, what can you do? You cannot stop this stuff. Maybe it's working where I do but I'm somewhat numb to it. I struggle to find an actual solution to these types of events.

Barack has not used the term "Islam terrorist" because it conjures up a stereotype of all Islamic people as terrorists. We all know that is not true ; nor are any stereotypes. I magine that Barack has been the victim of stereotypical
thinking then anyone on our boards. The other presidential (Republican) lives
on stereotypes because he is not a clear thinker.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Peace, love & joy to all must have been the message, firmly installed in this guy after he went on his religious pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia.

Barack has not used the term "Islam terrorist" because it conjures up a stereotype of all Islamic people as terrorists. We all know that is not true ; nor are any stereotypes. I magine that Barack has been the victim of stereotypical
thinking then anyone on our boards. The other presidential (Republican) lives
on stereotypes because he is not a clear thinker.

It's radical Islamic terrorism.

But "Barack" is afraid to acknowledge that such a thing exists.

Reactions: cleanwave
People lose their shit over mass shootings because of the shock value of a big hit at once. "Oh my God!!! 50 people at once". Meanwhile that's a 2 weekend total in Chicago. No one cares about that though.

Chicago has very strict gun laws too. That's "rich."

We stop it all the time, but it's very hard to be perfect. They were onto this guy - they just didn't have enough yet. They were on to the Boston guys too - and they are on to thousands like them every day that we never hear about but are stopped. They've actually been nearly perfect, but i am surprised more incidents have not occurred. What this guy did was easy to pull off.

Yea, I don't think there is a solution. I'm kind of with you.

Let me ask you this, tho. Is there something wrong that an average Joe can go into a gun shop and purchase an assault rifle, but at same time be denied buying body armor? Also, if dude comes in looking to buy an assault rifle and body armor shouldn't that be a red flag? Is that something that happens frequently? Should store be required to report such an attempt? Just asking...

Last edited:
Statistically you are very far off. It's not even close. And while this guy claimed ISIS - he's basically a lone wolf too. Just a different kind. Isis appears to have had zero knowledge of this prior to the incident. Perhaps though if the president used the term Islamic radical terrorist, we could cut down on this happening.

I never thought that this lunatic had interactions with any terror group. Yea, he wasn't sent here. However, a more troubling problem is that these groups can reach disgruntled Americans via the I-net and encourage, manipulate, direct wackos to do such things via radical Islamic propaganda.

Yea, I don't think there is a solution. I'm kind of with you.

Let me ask you this, tho. Is there something wrong that an average Joe can go into a gun shop and purchase an assault rifle, but at same time be denied buying body armor? Also, if dude comes in looking to buy an assault rifle and body armor shouldn't that be a red flag? Is that something that happens frequently? Should store be required to report such an attempt? Just asking...
The gun laws in this country are ridiculous

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT