ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando massacre

The Post reporting this morning that this guy was actually gay and went to the club all the time for at least 3 years. They got an interview with his ex wife who also said he was gay. Also apparently has profiles on a bunch of gay dating apps. Weird as hell.

The Post reporting this morning that this guy was actually gay and went to the club all the time for at least 3 years. They got an interview with his ex wife who also said he was gay. Also apparently has profiles on a bunch of gay dating apps. Weird as hell.

I read that, too. His dad also gave him crap for his homosexual tendencies. Sounds like a dude who just couldn't accept his own homosexuality and snapped.

No gun expert here. The assault rifle this guy had. Someone describe to me how it works. How many rounds does it hold? How many rounds can any old nut job fire off in a minute? I don't care about semi-auto or just auto. I want to know how many people someone can kill with this weapon in a public place, in say a minute worth of time. Thanks in advance....

No gun expert here. The assault rifle this guy had. Someone describe to me how it works. How many rounds does it hold? How many rounds can any old nut job fire off in a minute? I don't care about semi-auto or just auto. I want to know how many people someone can kill with this weapon in a public place, in say a minute worth of time. Thanks in advance....

From what I've read, they have a magazine capacity of 30 rounds and you can shoot those 30 rounds in less than a minute.

I read that, too. His dad also gave him crap for his homosexual tendencies. Sounds like a dude who just couldn't accept his own homosexuality and snapped.

Now the truth comes out. This was a combination of many things, but if it didn't happen to a son and member of a gay hating father and Muslim religion, could have happened to a son of a gay hating father and Christian religion. At the end of the day, hate and a worldwide culture of people who can't accept people who are different drove this man to kill.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
Yeah then you can provide the ambulance chasing lawyers with a whole new business - suing the deep pocket insurance companies so we can all pay higher premiums.

Higher gun premiums? Well, if the insurance companies do their job right, they will have some protection against that. Look, highly trained surgeons are covered through the ying yang in case something goes south. I think asking utterly untrained possessors of a deadly weapon to carry insurance is perfectly reasonable. Takes the gov't out of unnecessary regulation which they will most likely not get right .

Do you guys know what a semi automatic weapon is? Love when people chime in on topics they know nothing of. Do you want civilians to have muskets to protect themselves if shit ever hits the fan?

This is my favorite argument - what do you think is going to happen when 'the shit hits the fan'?

You have a doomsday bunker in the yard as well?

I'm not a gun person, I don't even own a gun let alone many guns to need a gun rack but you can't buy a machine gun, you cannot buy an automatic weapon and politicians use the term assault weapon extremely loosely to describe a gun that looks all 'cool' in black with a pistol grip when the same gun can be purchase that looks like a hunting rifle. Same gun, same amount of rounds, different look. One politicians refer to as an assault rifle, one a hunting rifle.

How many of these mass shootings have taken place by a gun owner who purchased their weapons legally? This is the first one i can remember in the last few. I could be wrong.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Higher gun premiums? Well, if the insurance companies do their job right, they will have some protection against that. Look, highly trained surgeons are covered through the ying yang in case something goes south. I think asking utterly untrained possessors of a deadly weapon to carry insurance is perfectly reasonable. Takes the gov't out of unnecessary regulation which they will most likely not get right .

I really like this idea.

How many of these mass shootings have taken place by a gun owner who purchased their weapons legally? This is the first one i can remember in the last few. I could be wrong.

Charleston, Virginia Tech, Aurora theater shooting, Sandy Hook (guns legally purchased by the psycho's mother who took him to target practice), Washington Navy Yard shooting...all of the perpetrators legally purchased the weapons.

I'm not a gun person, I don't even own a gun let alone many guns to need a gun rack but you can't buy a machine gun, you cannot buy an automatic weapon and politicians use the term assault weapon extremely loosely to describe a gun that looks all 'cool' in black with a pistol grip when the same gun can be purchase that looks like a hunting rifle. Same gun, same amount of rounds, different look. One politicians refer to as an assault rifle, one a hunting rifle.

"I don't even own a gun" said almost anyone on this board

Charleston, Virginia Tech, Aurora theater shooting, Sandy Hook (guns legally purchased by the psycho's mother who took him to target practice), Washington Navy Yard shooting...all of the perpetrators legally purchased the weapons.

You may not like that his mother was a dolt but he was not a legal gun owner and he stole them. That was my point. If someone wants to commit a crime with a gun they will get them.

You may not like that his mother was a dolt but he was not a legal gun owner and he stole them. That was my point. If someone wants to commit a crime with a gun they will get them.

The mother had a child in the house was was being treated for various mental issues. I'd like to think the last thing that went through her head, other than that bullet, was how stupid she was for keeping excessive weaponry in the house with a mentally unstable kid there.

Let's go back to the insurance idea again. Perhaps an insurance company would have found that situation unacceptable, and uninsurable. Perhaps they would have visited the house to make sure the situation was utterly safe. Or they would not have insured a gun owner who was living with a mental unfit gun owner, and she could not have purchased an AR-15.

The mother had a child in the house was was being treated for various mental issues. I'd like to think the last thing that went through her head, other than that bullet, was how stupid she was for keeping excessive weaponry in the house with a mentally unstable kid there.

Cannot disagree.

Edit: Missed your insurance part. Its not a bad idea. Woman would've had to have been reassessed every few years, they'd have a listing of how many guns she had in the house, and her personal situation. One issue would be, insurance companies rarely find anyone non-insurable for the right price.

Last edited:
So, can we assume now that this Ahole was more a repressed homosexual that some Isis- sent jihadist? Seems all the nonsense he was spouting to the cops while on the phone , which made very little sense to folks in the FBI(citing Daesh, then citing people who are in opposition to Daesh) was more like a cover up for his daddy/gay issues. I'm going to go with 85% repressed gay man (which in 2016, is just sad and pathetic. I mean, stay in the closet man, don't kill 49 people) 15% hates America.

Reactions: BigEastBasketball
Cannot disagree.

Edit: Missed your insurance part. Its not a bad idea. Woman would've had to have been reassessed every few years, they'd have a listing of how many guns she had in the house, and her personal situation. One issue would be, insurance companies rarely find anyone non-insurable for the right price.

Exactly right. And i am assuming this also curtails the amount and type of assault weapon people are willing to pony up for every year. Buying a Bugatti is one thing, insuring it year after year is another. Probably creates a lot of jobs in the process as well. Jobs that are virtually guaranteed to be US based and decent paying as well.

btw - you have to wonder just how many other situations similar to this exist around the country. To me it's a ticking time bomb. Far more worrisome than some jihadist. The feds are constantly looking for those guys - not so much for The Joker or Adam Lanza.

Ban automatic weapons.

Better?

No one needs a machine gun.

Automatic weapons are already banned chief. That menacing looking AR-15 that this maniac used is a SEMI-automatic.

Don't get me wrong, civilians should not be able to buy it IMO, but it's not automatic.

Once again...

SEMI-automatic = 1 bullet comes out per 1 trigger pull. An old school revolver is SEMI.

AUTOMATIC = Shitload of bullets come out per 1 trigger pull. These are already banned.

The insurance idea is intriguing. Can't imagine the resistance the NRA would put up.

Do people on the terrorist watch list know they are on the terrorist watch list? Or is it like double secret probation? Serious question.

@Burrs5 , I read that one of the girls that died was a recent graduate of West Catholic. This is your school, correct?

@Burrs5 , I read that one of the girls that died was a recent graduate of West Catholic. This is your school, correct?

It's where I went and where I volunteer/coach for the FB/BB teams. I don't teach there. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I was familiar with the name, but I didn't know her personally.

When can we get back to arguing over what bathrooms fags should be pissing in? That debate was more fun than this old gun shit.

Now the truth comes out. This was a combination of many things, but if it didn't happen to a son and member of a gay hating father and Muslim religion, could have happened to a son of a gay hating father and Christian religion. At the end of the day, hate and a worldwide culture of people who can't accept people who are different drove this man to kill.

Echoing this. Everyone jumps to decide that it has to be one thing that motivates someone to commmit an atrocity. People are more complex than that. Xenophobia manifests itself in many ways. What is undeniable is that terrorists/mass shooters/whatever are male to a 99.99th percentile. This is largely an issue of males being encouraged to react with anger, to repress their emotions, and to idolize weapons as some sort of badge of masculinity.

Ultimately I think it's more feasible to raise a generation of men to not be so afraid of the unknown than it is to get rid of guns - so may as well try this path.

When can we get back to arguing over what bathrooms fags should be pissing in? That debate was more fun than this old gun shit.

I pooped in a women's room at work when I was the last one in the office last week. A truly revolutionary deuce. Solidarity for Orlando

Reactions: CWertz
Once again...

SEMI-automatic = 1 bullet comes out per 1 trigger pull. An old school revolver is SEMI.

AUTOMATIC = Shitload of bullets come out per 1 trigger pull. These are already banned.

close, but a revolver can never be semi-auto. either single or double-action. if it's single action, you have to cock the hammer back before you fire every round. if it's double-action, there's a heavier and longer pull because it's actually cocking the hammer via the trigger pull.

Reactions: dirtyd
Automatic weapons are already banned chief. That menacing looking AR-15 that this maniac used is a SEMI-automatic.

Don't get me wrong, civilians should not be able to buy it IMO, but it's not automatic.

Once again...

Did you hear the audio from inside the club? Did that sound like one bullet at a time? Sounded like Grand Theft Auto to me.

close, but a revolver can never be semi-auto. either single or double-action. if it's single action, you have to cock the hammer back before you fire every round. if it's double-action, there's a heavier and longer pull because it's actually cocking the hammer via the trigger pull.

Ah......good to know this......

Wow........what a rebel .........should have autographed it.....
News now is that Omar's wife knew in advance about the planned attack and did nothing about it. She's been taken into custody by the FBI.

So, can we assume now that this Ahole was more a repressed homosexual that some Isis- sent jihadist? Seems all the nonsense he was spouting to the cops while on the phone , which made very little sense to folks in the FBI(citing Daesh, then citing people who are in opposition to Daesh) was more like a cover up for his daddy/gay issues. I'm going to go with 85% repressed gay man (which in 2016, is just sad and pathetic. I mean, stay in the closet man, don't kill 49 people) 15% hates America.
Yeah right! He was probably a closeted Irish Catholic terrorist too masquerading as a Muslim.

She can likely avoid charges by saying she feared he would kill her if she alerted authorities. Slippery slope.

Reactions: NickleDimer
That's wonderful. Nice job, c**t.

seeyounexttuesday.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT