ADVERTISEMENT

Orlando massacre

The fact of the matter is there is no reason to own assault weapons in this country. What purpose do they serve? You dont need these to hunt or if a robber comes into your home. Pretty sure you could get away with some sort of single shot rifle for hunting (real men hunt with a bow anyways) or a revolver to get an intruder out of your home. Any other guns are just unnecessary and if collecting assault weapons is a hobby of yours then I fully suspect you to be an unstable human being as it is.

Reactions: ericw
Tell you what, they ought to take this A hole's old man and put him on a plane back to his beloved Taliban home. See how he likes it. Say what you want about Florida - it still beat Kabul.

Reactions: Fat Wanker
The fact of the matter is there is no reason to own assault weapons in this country. What purpose do they serve? You dont need these to hunt or if a robber comes into your home. Pretty sure you could get away with some sort of single shot rifle for hunting (real men hunt with a bow anyways) or a revolver to get an intruder out of your home. Any other guns are just unnecessary and if collecting assault weapons is a hobby of yours then I fully suspect you to be an unstable human being as it is.

I have a good friend of mine from Texas - big hunter growing up. "if you need an AR-15 to hunt, you suck at hunting and should find another sport." That made sense to me.

Reactions: Burrs5
"He went to Saudi Arabia twice, cleanwave"

So many squawking fools are only talking about "gun-control" & miss the source of his radicalization.

Agreed Anarchy.

Gun control in this country sucks because people quote a document signed signed in the ****en 1700s when guns took a solid minute and half to load. People who quote the constitution in this case are a bunch of cheeks.

Reactions: Burrs5
Honest question who is to blame on this? Would you not be a gun lobbyist? Like turn down the contract?
I would not represent the NRA. No chance.

Who is to blame? I think we are all to blame because we can't have an intelligent conversation on the subject. For those who want to blame the NRA, and go right ahead, there are lots of Americans who send them money and vote how they want them to vote. Until we as citizens demand the laws are changed nothing happens because the other side is vocal. Look at the assault weapons issue. How dumb is it we can purchase some of these weapons?

Tell you what, they ought to take this A hole's old man and put him on a plane back to his beloved Taliban home. See how he likes it. Say what you want about Florida - it still beat Kabul.

I heard this guy talk. Seemed like a decent guy, who was genuinely saddened about what happen. Spoke about giving his son all the love a father and mother could give one child.

Not sure if your post was tongue in cheek or not. Definitely doesn't sound like something you would say or mean.

I feel bad for the parents.

I just hate that nowadays you can't talk about something without seemingly have to be "on one side". I consider myself in the middle on most things, but most people do not want to hear that because they love getting in political debates about shit. I typically want no part of that.

I am FOR legal gun purchases
I am AGAINST allowing assault rifles to be sold to the general public
I am FOR very strict background checks/process in order to purchase a gun
I agree with some things Trumo says, but for the most part he is an ass
I agree with a few things Hillart says, but for the most part she is an ass

I hate taht this has to turn into a gun debate, or a religious debate, or one specific debate. can't we all agree that the guy was crazy AND a religious/Islamic (seemingly) extremist?

No one outside of law enforcement should be able to purchase semi auto or assault rifles. Why do you need a f*cking machine gun? You barely even need to aim with those things and they can cause a variety of damage. If you aren't in law enforcement your choices end up with single shot ammunition like 22s, 45s, etc. They serve their purpose of protecting you from intruders. No one needs a god damn machine gun.

No one outside of law enforcement should be able to purchase semi auto or assault rifles. Why do you need a f*cking machine gun? You barely even need to aim with those things and they can cause a variety of damage. If you aren't in law enforcement your choices end up with single shot ammunition like 22s, 45s, etc. They serve their purpose of protecting you from intruders. No one needs a god damn machine gun.
Agreed, gdog. I'm a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment but am totally against civilians having military type weapons. I don't know enough about guns to be more specific but certainly nobody needs machine gun type weapons. A handgun for self protection and a rifle for hunting are fine with me.

Events like this make you realize what a gr8 country this is. We've got all the latitude in the world, freedom to do just about anything... even obviously bad things. And damn near everyone wakes up in the morning and chooses to try do something positive for themselves and their families. You forget that even though the ability and opportunity to do something horrific is a few wrong turns away for all of us if we chose to so... And we don't.

I heard this guy talk. Seemed like a decent guy, who was genuinely saddened about what happen. Spoke about giving his son all the love a father and mother could give one child.

Not sure if your post was tongue in cheek or not. Definitely doesn't sound like something you would say or mean.

I feel bad for the parents.

Check out some of the videos this clown was making. He's tones it down for the cameras but he's not anyone we want here .

Check out some of the videos this clown was making. He's tones it down for the cameras but he's not anyone we want here .

Ok, I didn't see those. Post one if you can.

Also, but you'll like this. This nitwit shooter was seen in Pulse multiple times over the last 3 years. Got drunk and was tossed a couple of times. Oh yea, he had a profile on gay dating app.

You clearly know nothing about guns.

Also, the idea that you want cops to carry machine guns is concerning.

Kinda contradicting yourself here chief.

Do you realize that 22's, 45's, etc are examples of "semi auto"?

Obviously not.

Semi-auto = 1 bullet per 1 trigger pull.

Ok, I didn't see those. Post one if you can.

Also, but you'll like this. This nitwit shooter was seen in Pulse multiple times over the last 3 years. Got drunk and was tossed a couple of times. Oh yea, he had a profile on gay dating app.

Nice job 99 - called this right off the bat. Not shocking.

So what can you do? Serious question. Once you get past what we're calling them, and the entire thing is ridiculous, what can you do? You cannot stop this stuff. Maybe it's working where I do but I'm somewhat numb to it. I struggle to find an actual solution to these types of events.

I think there is a pragmatic private sector based thing we can add that will drastically drop the number of shootings: Insurance. You have to be insured. Cant leave the store or gun show without showing proof of insurance. Same as owning a house or car or certain businesses. Rates will vary according to number of guns, type of gun etc. Insurance companies are on the hook for wrongful deaths, providing the gun was not reported stolen. That might be a decent start as insurance companies would have an instant new market and profit stream, but one they would have to vet carefully before issuance.

I think there is a pragmatic private sector based thing we can add that will drastically drop the number of shootings: Insurance. You have to be insured. Cant leave the store or gun show without showing proof of insurance. Same as owning a house or car or certain businesses. Rates will vary according to number of guns, type of gun etc. Insurance companies are on the hook for wrongful deaths, providing the gun was not reported stolen. That might be a decent start as insurance companies would have an instant new market and profit stream, but one they would have to vet carefully before issuance.
Yeah then you can provide the ambulance chasing lawyers with a whole new business - suing the deep pocket insurance companies so we can all pay higher premiums.

Bernie Sanders would squawk about how this is a classist policy designed to keep poor people from defending themselves.

isn't that why the military is staffed by a disproportionate amount of poor people?

Screen-shot-2010-11-22-at-7.00.33-PM.png

over here....

Classmates of the shooter said he sort celebrated when terrorist crashed planes into towers on 9/12. Said Americans deserved it. School sent him home. It only took him 15 years to develop the necessary hate to act on his feelings.

Classmates of the shooter said he sort celebrated when terrorist crashed planes into towers on 9/12. Said Americans deserved it. School sent him home. It only took him 15 years to develop the necessary hate to act on his feelings.

It's been a few years but I am pretty sure they crashed the planes on 9/11, not 9/12

You clearly know nothing about guns.

Also, the idea that you want cops to carry machine guns is concerning.

I've been in England since last Friday, seen a bunch of cops with semi autos. It is shocking because you're not expecting it, but they also have thousands of fewer murders every year.

Everyone here hates trumo and thinks he's a huge ahole. Then I turn on the TV and half the population wants Brexit because there's too many Ukrainians and Romanians coming into Britain and they've "took our jerbssss".

Plenty of police departments deploy semi-auto weapons currently. What are you talking about? Do you even know any cops? Ask them.

Do you guys know what a semi automatic weapon is? Love when people chime in on topics they know nothing of. Do you want civilians to have muskets to protect themselves if shit ever hits the fan?

I love when people chime in on nitty gritty details on guns. There are clearly some guns that are meant to do major damage in a short time. We see this once every 3 months when someone gets an assault rifle and tries kill a hundred people. i understand most guns are semi automatic already, and cops use them, but no civilian should be able to buy a gun that has more than 8 to a clip.

We bout done here dawg? 2 full days is enough. They'll be another mass shooting in a few weeks and we can all regurgitate the same points

There is a big difference between a semi-auto and a machine gun. Using it interchangeably just makes it obvious that you lack knowledge on the subject.

I agree that we need to draw a line somewhere. It's not easy to do, though. A lunatic can kill a lot of people if he wants to regardless of what type of gun (or other weapon) he chooses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT