ADVERTISEMENT

Trumo VP + SCOTUS Picks 5/18 + Riots - 5/27

Always surprised his office is an utter mess. Looks kind of crappy too. He should watch Hudsucker Proxy and get himself a proper office for a man like himself. Suresure.

Always surprised his office is an utter mess. Looks kind of crappy too. He should watch Hudsucker Proxy and get himself a proper office for a man like himself. Suresure.
Location, Location, Location….and the View.

Reactions: tjc3844
At one point during the speech, Trump put on a hard hat and mimed a coal shoveling motion, before taking the hat off and fixing his hair. He said he has “always been fascinated by the mines,” and had said of a Trump presidency: “For those miners, get ready, because you’re going to be working your asses off.”

-----

Guy is simply THE BEST

this might be my new favorite tweet of all-time.
I was telling my buddy about this today. Gr8est tweet ever? The GOP nominee openly mocking the bounds of PC. I'm actually into it. Just keep doing what you're doing. I don't care if HRC wins. Trump is actually playing his role to a T and I love it.

At one point during the speech, Trump put on a hard hat and mimed a coal shoveling motion, before taking the hat off and fixing his hair. He said he has “always been fascinated by the mines,” and had said of a Trump presidency: “For those miners, get ready, because you’re going to be working your asses off.”

-----

Guy is simply THE BEST
Watching it now, "Build that wall, build that wall". You'll never see the passion at an HRC rally. I have no clue if this guy stands a chance but I'm going to enjoy every minute of this campaign. The contrast could not be more clear. What gives me hope is that voters are morons. They re-elected Obama. I think Democrats are underestimating this fact.

What gives me hope is that voters are morons. They re-elected Obama. I think Democrats are underestimating this fact.

THIS. People keep saying "Make America Great Again"- what does that mean? There is no substance to it. Well 8 years later I'm still trying to figure out what "Hope and change" means. Most voters have no clue what is going on-they need one or two sound bytes drilled into their heads when they go into the voting booth because that's all that will stay. I think it's great.

I told my sister about a year ago that if Trump wins that she has to shut me up if I ever complain because I always defended Obama with my "the president is just a figurehead and gets too much credit for how the country is fairing (in either direction)" line - because I like Obama as a person.

I don't like Trump as a person. Somehow I dislike Hillary even more even though I'd vote for her over him. Anyway, I'm going to do my best to stick to that promise and not be one of the world is ending people all over social media these days.

p.s. My new favorite annoying twitter move are the people who tweet about how bad trump is every day complaining that he gets too much press coverage. Hmmm maybe if you didn't type his name daily they wouldn't write so many articles

I love how being a nice person is a requisite for being president. It's how we got to the position our country is in In the first place

I love how being a nice person is a requisite for being president. It's how we got to the position our country is in In the first place
I loved the sign "Trump digs coal." All you ever see/hear from Hillart is her screechy voice bitching about something.

Reactions: Banjo13
Why did you love that sign? You think coal is good for the future?
I think clean coal adds to American energy independence which is a good thing unless you'd rather send your hard earned money to all those liberal/progressive regimes in the Middle East.

I think clean coal adds to American energy independence which is a good thing unless you'd rather send your hard earned money to all those liberal/progressive regimes in the Middle East.
No, i'd rather not send guys into a cave to breathe coal in their lungs for dmaging fossil fuel that ruins regions. I'd rather think about technology and ways of advancing renewables. Better for true independence and more sustainable jobs. Not sure when this war on advancement began but it's ass backwards. Jobs in coal? It's not 1940 anymore. We can do better .

No, i'd rather not send guys into a cave to breathe coal in their lungs for dmaging fossil fuel that ruins regions. I'd rather think about technology and ways of advancing renewables. Better for true independence and more sustainable jobs. Not sure when this war on advancement began but it's ass backwards. Jobs in coal? It's not 1940 anymore. We can do better .
You're right that we can do better which is why clean coal technology has been developed.

Dmil, curious as to what regions were "ruined" by coal? You can't suggest not being able to mine coal has ruined coal regions. That would be akin to saying iowa is not longer allowed to farm and then blaming farmers for the collapse of iowa. Curious what you meant? And I have no dog in this fight.

Dmil, curious as to what regions were "ruined" by coal? You can't suggest not being able to mine coal has ruined coal regions. That would be akin to saying iowa is not longer allowed to farm and then blaming farmers for the collapse of iowa. Curious what you meant? And I have no dog in this fight. Except that I was born in West Virginia and many of people were/are coal miners.

Fixed....

Dmil, curious as to what regions were "ruined" by coal? You can't suggest not being able to mine coal has ruined coal regions. That would be akin to saying iowa is not longer allowed to farm and then blaming farmers for the collapse of iowa. Curious what you meant? And I have no dog in this fight.

And you claim to be from WV? Well let's just start with the environment...have you seen the effects of acid mine runoff on the gorgeous streams in that region?...what are you blind?

And you claim to be from WV? Well let's just start with the environment...have you seen the effects of acid mine runoff on the gorgeous streams in that region?...what are you blind?
You're also right that coal mining did cause a lot of ecological damage but that was also before the development of clean coal technology. You may remember how acid rain was a problem in the Northeast before clean venting systems were installed on Midwest factories that had been polluting the environment. This is the same thing. This is nothing more than another government reach to control an aspect of business while cloaking it in the bedtime story of protecting the environment.

Good to see Dmil managing the Clean Coal Technology program. Also, ADP managing Dmil's views on coal ruining a particular region. Lots of managing going on in these parts. I like it.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
There is no such thing as 'clean coal'. Just isn't. Coal has ruined many a region, for a number of reasons. I mean, you are form WV. Have you not heard of the Appalachians? Environmental disasters, companies just up and leaving when the coal runs out, leaving workers behind, mountain tops literally removed along with whatever was on them. Towns left with nothing, dirt poor. Water sources ruined. Valleys filled in with the debris of removed mountain tops, crushing vast areas or natural forest, cutting off streams, killing wildlife, and causing birth defects and illness.

What, is there someone who still thinks coal is a good way to move forward?

There is no such thing as 'clean coal'. Just isn't. Coal has ruined many a region, for a number of reasons. I mean, you are form WV. Have you not heard of the Appalachians? Environmental disasters, companies just up and leaving when the coal runs out, leaving workers behind, mountain tops literally removed along with whatever was on them. Towns left with nothing, dirt poor. Water sources ruined. Valleys filled in with the debris of removed mountain tops, crushing vast areas or natural forest, cutting off streams, killing wildlife, and causing birth defects and illness.

What, is there someone who still thinks coal is a good way to move forward?
So, I guess the government, which progressives love, is wrong.
http://energy.gov/fe/science-innovation/clean-coal-research

So, I guess the government, which progressives love, is wrong.
http://energy.gov/fe/science-innovation/clean-coal-research

Yes, I would say they are wrong. First and foremost, this report is a fantasy. It's a wish, and it hasn't happened. This is the work of people that adp gets paid to handle. And this is what comes out the other end. Pure bull S.

" The "clean coal" campaign was always more PR than reality — currently there's no economical way to capture and sequester carbon emissions from coal, and many experts doubt there ever will be. But now the idea of clean coal might be truly dead, buried beneath the 1.1 billion gallons of water mixed with toxic coal ash that on Dec. 22 burst through a dike next to the Kingston coal plant in the Tennessee Valley and blanketed several hundred acres of land, destroying nearby houses. The accident — which released 100 times more waste than the Exxon Valdez disaster — has polluted the waterways of Harriman, Tenn., with potentially dangerous levels of toxic metals like arsenic and mercury, and left much of the town uninhabitable.

After Kingston, coal may be considered many things — but it's hard to see how "clean" could be one of them.

That's because, even putting aside climate change–accelerating carbon dioxide, coal remains a highly polluting source of electricity that has serious impacts on human health, especially among those who live near major plants."

In reality, we can't really talk about clean coal — it doesn't exist. Though the coal industry is right to point out that it has improved filters on coal plants, sending less traditional pollutants like sulfur dioxide and mercury into the air, the toxic waste that remains behind is only growing. The biggest advantage of coal power has been cost — in most cases, it remains much cheaper than cleaner alternatives like wind, solar or natural gas. But the cheapness of coal depends on the fact that external costs — climate change, or the health impacts of air and water pollution from coal — remain external, paid for not by utilities or coal companies but society as a whole. The coal industry itself estimates that taking better care of fly ash could cost as much as $5 billion a year — and if the government imposed a tax or cap on carbon dioxide, the price of coal would certainly rise. "For all the money the industry has spent to mislead the public, [Kingston] shows that there really is no such thing as clean and cheap coal in the U.S," says Bruce Nilles, the director of the Sierra Club's National Coal Campaign.

- Time Magazine, Jan 2009.

Until now. Just in time to skirt the various plans to cap or tax CO2, coal is getting rebranded. The new buzzword is "clean coal"--and it's being portrayed as the high-tech, low-emissions fuel of the future. Senators John Kerry, D-Mass., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., recently wrote a New York Times op-ed piece calling for the United States to become the "Saudi Arabia of clean coal." U.S. energy secretary Steven Chu has called on his counterparts around the world to promote the "widespread affordable deployment" of clean-coal technology.

Why try to reduce our dependence on coal today, the reasoning seems to be, when fabulous, guilt-free clean coal is just around the corner?

There's just one problem with this scenario: Coal will never be clean. It is possible to make coal emissions cleaner. In fact, we've come a long way since the '70s in finding ways to reduce sulfur--dioxide and nitrogen-oxide emissions, and more progress can be made. But the nut of the clean-coal sales pitch is that we can also bottle up the CO2 produced when coal is burned, most likely by burying it deep in the earth. That may be possible in theory, but it's devilishly difficult in practice.

Popular Mechanics Jule 2011.

Yep - good ole clean coal!

Great to see you're back. remember to log out. Look forward to DMIL's specific answer.

Yes, I would say they are wrong. First and foremost, this report is a fantasy. It's a wish, and it hasn't happened. This is the work of people that adp gets paid to handle. And this is what comes out the other end. Pure bull S.

" The "clean coal" campaign was always more PR than reality — currently there's no economical way to capture and sequester carbon emissions from coal, and many experts doubt there ever will be. But now the idea of clean coal might be truly dead, buried beneath the 1.1 billion gallons of water mixed with toxic coal ash that on Dec. 22 burst through a dike next to the Kingston coal plant in the Tennessee Valley and blanketed several hundred acres of land, destroying nearby houses. The accident — which released 100 times more waste than the Exxon Valdez disaster — has polluted the waterways of Harriman, Tenn., with potentially dangerous levels of toxic metals like arsenic and mercury, and left much of the town uninhabitable.

After Kingston, coal may be considered many things — but it's hard to see how "clean" could be one of them.

That's because, even putting aside climate change–accelerating carbon dioxide, coal remains a highly polluting source of electricity that has serious impacts on human health, especially among those who live near major plants."

In reality, we can't really talk about clean coal — it doesn't exist. Though the coal industry is right to point out that it has improved filters on coal plants, sending less traditional pollutants like sulfur dioxide and mercury into the air, the toxic waste that remains behind is only growing. The biggest advantage of coal power has been cost — in most cases, it remains much cheaper than cleaner alternatives like wind, solar or natural gas. But the cheapness of coal depends on the fact that external costs — climate change, or the health impacts of air and water pollution from coal — remain external, paid for not by utilities or coal companies but society as a whole. The coal industry itself estimates that taking better care of fly ash could cost as much as $5 billion a year — and if the government imposed a tax or cap on carbon dioxide, the price of coal would certainly rise. "For all the money the industry has spent to mislead the public, [Kingston] shows that there really is no such thing as clean and cheap coal in the U.S," says Bruce Nilles, the director of the Sierra Club's National Coal Campaign.

- Time Magazine, Jan 2009.

Until now. Just in time to skirt the various plans to cap or tax CO2, coal is getting rebranded. The new buzzword is "clean coal"--and it's being portrayed as the high-tech, low-emissions fuel of the future. Senators John Kerry, D-Mass., and Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., recently wrote a New York Times op-ed piece calling for the United States to become the "Saudi Arabia of clean coal." U.S. energy secretary Steven Chu has called on his counterparts around the world to promote the "widespread affordable deployment" of clean-coal technology.

Why try to reduce our dependence on coal today, the reasoning seems to be, when fabulous, guilt-free clean coal is just around the corner?

There's just one problem with this scenario: Coal will never be clean. It is possible to make coal emissions cleaner. In fact, we've come a long way since the '70s in finding ways to reduce sulfur--dioxide and nitrogen-oxide emissions, and more progress can be made. But the nut of the clean-coal sales pitch is that we can also bottle up the CO2 produced when coal is burned, most likely by burying it deep in the earth. That may be possible in theory, but it's devilishly difficult in practice.

Popular Mechanics Jule 2011.

Yep - good ole clean coal!
WOW! I'm going to need some time to dig up some out of date 5-7 year old articles to bolster my point of view!

Trumo is now going after "Goofy Elizabeth Warren"-seems she claims she was a Native American-Trumo says no way!!!

Maybe Hillary is right. Better to take away their jobs and let them live off "entitlements" like most of her base.

Knock yourself out - nothing's changed.
She got caught listing herself as native American for either college admission or tenure. Can't recall which. She lied and tried to argue she thought one of her relatives was more native American. I can't recall all the details but it was a clear case of a massive liberal lying and using affirmative action for personal gain. I'm sure the Google machine knows the answer. Since she a liberal the usual pc police who would be offended and asking her to step down gave a massive yawn.

She got caught listing herself as native American for either college admission or tenure. Can't recall which. She lied and tried to argue she thought one of her relatives was more native American. I can't recall all the details but it was a clear case of a massive liberal lying and using affirmative action for personal gain. I'm sure the Google machine knows the answer. Since she a liberal the usual pc police who would be offended and asking her to step down gave a massive yawn.

She obviously lied and continues to lie about the Native American thing.

Kinda reminds me of when Little Marco claims to be a "son of exiles".

The typical liberal response, deflect and try to change the narrative. She got a financial and personal gain from the lie. Let's just blame bush for her lies

Reactions: Doctor_Van
The typical liberal response, deflect and try to change the narrative. She got a financial and personal gain from the lie. Let's just blame bush for her lies

Strange response. What does Bush have to do with Warren and Little Marco being liars?

What does Marco have to do with Warren lying for financial gain? Nothing but you brought up MarCo for no reason. Let's lump joe Paterno in here as well. He's relevant to Warren lying.

Best part is Warren and her allies would the first ones calling for a senator to resign. If they lied about being an Indian to qualify for a quota. Too rich. Either way, trump is correct as you acknowledge. Warren is liar.

What does Marco have to do with Warren lying for financial gain? Nothing but you brought up MarCo for no reason. Let's lump joe Paterno in here as well. He's relevant to Warren lying.

Did Parerno lie about his heritage like Warren and Little Marco did?

I guess perhaps, but I'm unaware of him having done so.

Still not sure what George or Jeb Bush have to do with Warren's and Little Marco's lying.

I would equate Warren and Joe pa. Both lied for their personal gain at the taxpayers expense. She was cheating the taxpayers of Oklahoma, joe pa pa. I'm good with it. Warren = joe pa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT