ADVERTISEMENT

Phillies' Daily Minor League Report

Zach Eflin (5-0, 2.38) with the win today, 3-0. He went 7 innings, allowing 2 hits, 0 runs, and K'd 6.

Time to get Eflin into Morgan's spot. Dude looks MLb ready to me.

Zach Eflin (5-0, 2.38) with the win today, 3-0. He went 7 innings, allowing 2 hits, 0 runs, and K'd 6.

The latest Baseball America Mock Draft (May 13) has the Phils taking Puk with the first pick, the Reds taking OF slugger Kyle Lewis with pick #2 and has Groome falling to the Marlins at #7!!

Dylan Cozens 11-gm hitting streak, 28th RBI. Roman Quinn 18th SB.

Dylan Cozens 11-gm hitting streak, 28th RBI. Roman Quinn 18th SB.

When healthy Quinn is thought by some to be the fastest player in the Minors right now. If he can find a way to get on base enough at the next level, he would certainly look great at the top of the order for the Phis starting sometime next year!!! I think he could potentially be a .280, 60+ steal, 100+ run player if he stays healthy and everything comes together for him!!

Reading won this afternoon, 5-1. Anthony Vasquez (6-2, 1.82) went 7 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs, 5 K's. JP Crawford hit a HR (3) and walked twice (30 W- 21 K's). Alfaro (.359) and Hoskins each had 3 hits. Cozens lost his 11-gm hitting streak.

Crawford moved up to AAA
This is my Phillies brightsiding face:
screenshot-lrg-30.jpg

Crawford youngest player in International League. Eflin youngest pitcher.

Check that. Crawford second youngest player in the International League.

Galvis is having a solid year. Moving him to 2B to make room for J.P?

Galvis is having a solid year. Moving him to 2B to make room for J.P?

They'll probably let him and Hernandez fight it out until Kingery is ready. Galvis has more pop and a better fielder, I think. I still like Hernandez tools a little better. Speedier and will probably hit for a higher average, get on base more over the long haul.

Remember - Herrera is a 2B by trade so maybe you move him back to 2B if Quinn is the real deal?

Odudel is more needed in the OF. That's where he stays.

They showed a graphic during the Reds' series last week that since June 28, 2015 Herrera leads all baseball (Or maybe it was just the NL) in BA.

Fair point, but I think the Phillies are at least 2.5 solid everyday outfielders away from even thinking about that. And by the time they would show up, he would already be 3-4 years removed from infielding.

Agree.....

If Herrera stays good, then they just need two of Quinn, Williams, Cozens, and Altherr to make it. Actually, in essence, just one of those guys because finding a quality FA to play a corner OF for a 2-3 year deal isn't that hard anymore, especially if you don't mind forfeiting that draft pick.

Reading is back home. How do I know? Dylan Cozens hit a 3-run HR (11) in the first.

Andrew Knapp (6) just hit one for LV.

Alec Asher, who had been throwing well, to DL with calf pull.

Jake Thompson allowed three solo HRs, but went 8 innings, allowing just the 3 runs on 5 hits, while striking out 8.

Appel fails to finish the 1st inning today: 0.2, 4 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 35 pitches.

I have felt that most teams want pitching prospects in AAA, because the hitters there are more experienced than AA.

The up an coming field prospects spend a short stint, if any in AA.

The Phil's restocked the farm system pretty quickly after it was pathetic during the last few years.

I have felt that most teams want pitching prospects in AAA, because the hitters there are more experienced than AA.

The up an coming field prospects spend a short stint, if any in AA.

The Phil's restocked the farm system pretty quickly after it was pathetic during the last few years.
The Philies restocked quickly? They sucked for the last 5 years and their farm system didn't produce an impactful MLB player for several years prior.

Reading swept a pair of 7-inning games today. In the opener, Ben Lively (7-0, 1.87) went the first six allowing 3 ER on 4 hits. Jorge Alfaro went 2-4 (.365) with 3 RBIs. In the nightcap, Rhys Hoskins had two hits (4-8 on day). Dylan Cozens had a RBI (33) 2B (12).

Lehigh Valley split a DH. Crawford reached base four times in the DH (2 BBs). Nick Williams (4) & Ruf (2) hit back-to-back HRs.

I saw a couple of Crawford's ABs on the Minor League At Bat app (MiLB First Pitch) - pretty good app with a lot of videos, but there are ads before every video which is terrible - he looks like major league hitter the way he works the count. To be honest, it reminded me a little bit of Bobby Abreu.

A lot of offense in Reading tonight, as they won 11-9 on a Rhys Hoskins walk-off salami (8). Prior to that Cody Asche hit a 2-run HR. Roman Quonn reached base 5 times (4-4, BB, 4 RS) and had two steals (21). Dylan Cozens hit another HR (12) & 2B (14), scoring 3 runs and knocking in 3 runs (36).

LV lost, but Zach Eflin pitched 7 scoreless innings, allowing just 4 hits, 1 BB, and 6 K's. His ERA is now 2.05

Another HR for Cozens, a 3-run shot 13, 39 RBIs). Angel Mora with walk-off 2-run HR in 11th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT