ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Hinkie as Sixers GM remembered

Ok, I think I am getting it now.

The Sixers got 3 high draft picks to try and draft a once in a generation talent. They are 0-3, but they can now use those mistakes to GET a once in a generational talent that someone will give up willingly. None of those mistakes fall on Hinkie by the way his job was to just get high draft picks, once you get them there's no way to evaluate and develop the right players.

Ok, got it. Who are they going to get? KD? Westbrook? Butler? Lebron? Harden?

No, you're still not getting it. But that's ok, keep trying.

And whoever said that Hinkie wasn't accountable or did everything right? Certainly not me, Man, some of you guys just create things.

Please, answer my questions and share how you would go about building a viable team. If you can't do it, then just say so.
I'll answer for him:
CelticsLogo_History.gif

Here is what I have to say to all this how to build a team:

2016 National Champion, Villanova Wildcats.

Reactions: tomjackleman
I have answered this twenty times. And when you state that you are opned-minded, what you mean is open to any lack of accountability to prove your view isn't crazy in spite of all the current evidence.

No, I am open to accountability. I don't think Hinkie made the right pick between Okafor and Porzingus based on this season. Not everything he did personnel wise was great. But please, show me the NBA GM that does have a flawless track record. I think his personality is what led management to go out and find people like the Colangelo's. They were getting to the point where they needed to deal with agents/other GMs/the media in some regards, and IMO this was Hinkie's biggest downfall. He was not good at this. I don't blame ownership in wanting to add people who were. I think ownership liked a lot of what Hinkie was doing, but their was more to the job than playing mad scientist, locked in the lab 24/7. He needed to build relationships and failed at that.

I don't know how many times I can say this to you dense people. I'm just a fan and I want the Sixers to be good. Therefore, I'm going to give management chances to see a plan thru. Just like I'll give Bryan C. a chance to see his plan thru. It's all I can do as a fan. I have ZERO fukking say on who gets hired and who makes the decision. I'm not going to sit around all day and bitch/complain. I liked a lot of what Hinkie did. Part of the reason is that nothing else was really working. They have had ONE superstar player in 24 years (Once Barkley was traded). A big part of this was because they were routinely in NBA purgatory.

Today, I currently like where the team is in terms of assets, picks, and cap space. I think they have options.

Oh yea, no you haven't answered it. Lay it out there for me, brother.

ND, you guys don't pay attention and create a story line concerning my comments that isn't exactly honest.

The Celtics are positioned nicely to add players via draft and FA if they so choose, but comparing them to the Sixers isn't exactly apples to apples. Of course, I know saying they are fits your agenda, but the reality of it is that they don't. The C's have made a few solid trades and signed FAs over the last 2-3 years. The Sixers haven't done that type of stuff yet. Also, important rotation guys like Bradley & Sullinger have been in place longer.

ND, you guys don't pay attention and create a story line concerning my comments that isn't exactly honest.

The Celtics are positioned nicely to add players via draft and FA if they so choose, but comparing them to the Sixers isn't exactly apples to apples. Of course, I know saying they are fits your agenda, but the reality of it is that they don't. The C's have made a few solid trades and signed FAs over the last 2-3 years. The Sixers haven't done that type of stuff yet. Also, important rotation guys like Bradley & Sullinger have been in place longer.
Ah yes. Not a perfect Apples to Apples comparison. (goal post shifts)

No, I am open to accountability. I don't think Hinkie made the right pick between Okafor and Porzingus based on this season. Not everything he did personnel wise was great. But please, show me the NBA GM that does have a flawless track record. I think his personality is what led management to go out and find people like the Colangelo's. They were getting to the point where they needed to deal with agents/other GMs/the media in some regards, and IMO this was Hinkie's biggest downfall. He was not good at this. I don't blame ownership in wanting to add people who were. I think ownership liked a lot of what Hinkie was doing, but their was more to the job than playing mad scientist, locked in the lab 24/7. He needed to build relationships and failed at that.

I don't know how many times I can say this to you dense people. I'm just a fan and I want the Sixers to be good. Therefore, I'm going to give management chances to see a plan thru. Just like I'll give Bryan C. a chance to see his plan thru. It's all I can do as a fan. I have ZERO fukking say on who gets hired and who makes the decision. I'm not going to sit around all day and bitch/complain. I liked a lot of what Hinkie did. Part of the reason is that nothing else was really working. They have had ONE superstar player in 24 years (Once Barkley was traded). A big part of this was because they were routinely in NBA purgatory.

Today, I currently like where the team is in terms of assets, picks, and cap space. I think they have options.

This is almost as good as the 13 page Hinkie manifesto. First paragraph is a beauty. Burrs, agrees with losing to get good draft picks and then in the next sentence gives Hinkie a pass for picking the wrong guy. Wasted year, no biggie #process. Now repeat this a few times and we're good here = accountability. You are beautiful and don't ever change.

Reactions: The_Expansion_Crew
No, you're still not getting it. But that's ok, keep trying.

And whoever said that Hinkie wasn't accountable or did everything right? Certainly not me, Man, some of you guys just create things.

So the Sixers, after having 3 of the worst seasons in professional basketball history, have next to nothing to show for it, maybe not even enough draft picks and talent to acquire a midlevel NBA star, are somehow better off for going through this? Perhaps if you had a Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook type player by now, you could make that argument. But this is a failure all the way through, and a spectacular one at that.

This organization will be remembered in history like the 90's Bulls for how consistently, overwhelmingly, and painfully terrible they have been.

So the Sixers, after having 3 of the worst seasons in professional basketball history, have next to nothing to show for it, maybe not even enough draft picks and talent to acquire a midlevel NBA star, are somehow better off for going through this? Perhaps if you had a Kevin Durant or Russell Westbrook type player by now, you could make that argument. But this is a failure all the way through, and a spectacular one at that.

This organization will be remembered in history like the 90's Bulls for how consistently, overwhelmingly, and painfully terrible they have been.
And they're stockpiling CAP SPACE, for which Burrs replies that there have not been any good Free Agents in the last 3 years to use it on, but somehow, magically, in the future there will be.

And they're stockpiling CAP SPACE, for which Burrs replies that there have not been any good Free Agents in the last 3 years to use it on, but somehow, magically, in the future there will be.

When did I say this? Yet, another example of a BW'er creating a false narrative. Shocking.

When did I say this? Yet, another example of a BW'er creating a false narrative. Shocking.

This is almost as good as the 13 page Hinkie manifesto. First paragraph is a beauty. Burrs, agrees with losing to get good draft picks and then in the next sentence gives Hinkie a pass for picking the wrong guy. Wasted year, no biggie #process. Now repeat this a few times and we're good here = accountability. You are beautiful and don't ever change.

I really don't understand what you're talking about. I said he made mistakes that deserved criticism. You know, after you brought up holding him accountable. Stay on course, brah.

Your defense for tanking is always: "They're just not going to waste time adding a couple of overpriced, 3rd tier FAs to maybe get them to 30 wins. What's the point?!"

Exactly. But I didn't say there werent any good FAs. They just hacebt been in position to sign any for a multitude of reasons, but I believe they are moving closer to at least trying in that area.

That's almost as bad as including "brah" in each post. COP, COP

So the moral is "be like Ainge"? The guy who desperately wants Okafor?

I don't like that this guy got fired. If the owners are going to endorse the years of tanking, why fire him? They got the anticipated results.

I don't like that this guy got fired. If the owners are going to endorse the years of tanking, why fire him? They got the anticipated results.

He wasn't fired. He resigned because he no longer had 100% say. But I agree with your point. Giving him this offseason was probably fair.

Ignorance is bliss. On the real world when your boss replaces you with anothe person, you ve been fired. I understand this is lost on you.

Well, he did resign and Harris said repeatedly that he wanted him to stay on board. But we can ignore all that to appease your version. No biggie....

This thread is bananas. The CoPers can't be seriously supporting this entire thing. There's definitely some sort of Stockholm syndrome going on. That's the only explanation.

Reactions: The_Expansion_Crew
This thread is bananas. The CoPers can't be seriously supporting this entire thing. There's definitely some sort of Stockholm syndrome going on. That's the only explanation.

Or, you do t understand how the NBA works. Of the four major sports it is by far the hardest to great at and the one where you need the most luck. Something else not really debatable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT